Sign in to follow this  
open goal

women presenters

I no i will get shot down for this but

They have a place in the womens game.. Lets leave it with that.

I dont want to see a women presenting, refering mens football

Discuss

Discuss your sexism? Why not?  If they are good enough at their job it doesn''t matter their gender.

I dont see why, if they have the qualifications to be a match official then i dont see the problem. On the other hand, women commentators and presenters is a tad annoying though [:(]

Personally (this applies to both sexes) if they''re good at their job and know what they''re talking about then I haven''t got a problem with that.

But if they do it for equality purposes then I find that plain pc boll@%ks!

The other day on sky there was this women doing a preview on Man utd and she mention the signing of Mark Owen.... Who? From take that?!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Personally (this applies to both sexes) if they''re good at their job and know what they''re talking about then I haven''t got a problem with that. But if they do it for equality purposes then I find that plain pc boll@%ks! The other day on sky there was this women doing a preview on Man utd and she mention the signing of Mark Owen.... Who? From take that?![/quote]

I agree, if they''re good enough then fine, doens''t matter what gender or race they are, but how many women are actually good enough to present football matches or commentate on them? Jaqui Oately is very poor in my opinion but on the other hand the lass that presented the Celtic game the other day on Sky did a fairly reasonable job...

Plenty of men who know nothing are commentating. Don''t see why we should discriminate against women for that reason.

[quote user="Norwich Fan"]

Discuss

[/quote]

''''Ug-Ug me man, you woman, me drag woman to cave''''  [:)]

I''m sure 99% of the stick Delia gets boils down to the fact she is a woman, a cook none-the-less and a very easy target for veiled (or in-veiled in a lot of cases) sexism.

[quote user="First Jedi"]I''m sure 99% of the stick Delia gets boils down to the fact she is a woman, a cook none-the-less and a very easy target for veiled (or in-veiled in a lot of cases) sexism.[/quote]

It''s not about her as a woman, it''s about what she''s done to our club, nothing more, nothing less.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]I''m sure 99% of the stick Delia gets boils down to the fact she is a woman, a cook none-the-less and a very easy target for veiled (or in-veiled in a lot of cases) sexism.[/quote]

It''s not about her as a woman, it''s about what she''s done to our club, nothing more, nothing less.

[/quote]

I agree it''s not 99% but it''s well naive to think that none of the excessive vitriol is anything to do with the fact that she''s a woman.

I''ve got nothing against women on SSN (especially as they''re fit!!) or even as fourth officials if they can keep up with play & are good enough. I just find it irritating if they commentate, the voice seems out of place & grates on me... Sorry!

Yeh for sure, they should be cooking pies or making tea or cleaning [:S]I play for my work team in a local "freindly" league we shock a lot of teams when we show up with a female winger.We actually had formal complaints made by other teams about  our "woman" whos 17 because other teams of men couldnt cope with her so figured they could get rid of her. Lucky that the league organisers were cool with it as there is nothing about female players on thier rules.For the record she also probably knows more about football etc than half the tools on here.Granted i think what the OP refers to is "dizzy" blondes but you gotta lose the misconception that girls dont know about football.There are plenty of mail comentators / pundits id like shot before we get near the female ones !*cough* Alan Brazil *cough*

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I agree it''s not 99% but it''s well naive to think that none of the excessive vitriol is anything to do with the fact that she''s a woman.

[/quote]

I was the same when Chase was being hounded out, so for me I am not naive and I detest her because of what she''s done to our club, the feelings would be no different if it were a man in charge.

"I agree it''s not 99% but it''s well naive to think that none of the excessive vitriol is anything to do with the fact that she''s a woman."

Fair play - the 99% was an exaggeration! :D

Discuss

[/quote]

Do you think that people should be allowed on this board if they can''t spell, or know anything about grammar?

They have a place in school.  Let''s leave it at that shall we?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was the same when Chase was being hounded out, so for me I am not naive and I detest her because of what she''s done to our club, the feelings would be no different if it were a man in charge.

[/quote]

Quite understandable, and I''m sure that''s how you feel (I also want her out btw) but I''ve read plenty of comments on here over the years that leave me in no doubt that some people''s aggressive attitude towards her is fuelled at least in part by the fact that she is ''a woman meddling in a man''s game''.   

"Quite understandable, and I''m sure that''s how you feel (I also want her out btw) but I''ve read plenty of comments on here over the years that leave me in no doubt that some people''s aggressive attitude towards her is fuelled at least in part by the fact that she is ''a woman meddling in a man''s game''. "

Ditto.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Norwich Fan"]

Discuss

[/quote]

Do you think that people should be allowed on this board if they can''t spell, or know anything about grammar?

They have a place in school.  Let''s leave it at that shall we?

[/quote]

Oh look out, the grammar police are about again. I think the OP is on a wind up.

Discuss

[/quote]

Whats wrong with women presenting and refereeing mens games?