Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

The city stand

well.... it would be quite hard, as it would have to be taken down/shut off and that is where all the ''stuff'' happens.... and atm we don''t need more space, maybe if we look like getting into the prem again....

Yes we should increase the capacity of the stadium as soon as we can afford it. A 30,0000 seater will bring in average attendances of 27000 +.

Forget the jarrold stand build on the City stand and opposing teams would feel so intimidated due to its (don''t no how else to put it) but closeness to the pitch would really put somthing back into the phrase fortress Carrow Rd.All these new stadia most have such a distance from pitch to stand its embarassing.

That would be fine as long as they dont fill full of Smith appologist''s like the one''s in there now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]well.... it would be quite hard, as it would have to be taken down/shut off and that is where all the ''stuff'' happens.... and atm we don''t need more space, maybe if we look like getting into the prem again....[/quote]

If a quality Project Manager (cough...Myself) was brought in that would not matter! I personally don''t think it would need to be anyway! I believe only the Jarrold (South) stand has already got foundations and not city Stand

The jarrold stand can not be expanded. There was an option at the time it was built which would have given us a 6000 seat stand which could have been increased. The 8,000 option does not easily allow later expansion. The City Stand can however be easily expanded with a second tier. It will require closing off of carrow road to allow the infrastructure to be built. This would not be a problem as long as the club can take over the ownership of the road. It would not be disruptive as it would be hung over the existing stand once the roof was removed.

As has been said many times before though it will not happen until we are an estabished Premiership team.

I''ve heard it said in our Prem season that the city stand was designed to have an extra tier, as someone else mentioned it would involve blocking off carrow road but there was already an agreement for that. However I seem to remember the agreement had a definite time limit on it in that the agreement held for so many years and in those years the club could do it and it would be done, but if the time limit expired then they would have to reapply for taking over Carrow road.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]well.... it would be quite hard, as it would have to be taken down/shut off and that is where all the ''stuff'' happens.... and atm we don''t need more space, maybe if we look like getting into the prem again....[/quote]

If a quality Project Manager (cough...Myself) was brought in that would not matter! I personally don''t think it would need to be anyway! I believe only the Jarrold (South) stand has already got foundations and not city Stand

[/quote]

The City Stand (aka G. W stand) was built so that a second tier could be added later.

[quote user="jbghost"]

The jarrold stand can not be expanded. There was an option at the time it was built which would have given us a 6000 seat stand which could have been increased. The 8,000 option does not easily allow later expansion. The City Stand can however be easily expanded with a second tier. It will require closing off of carrow road to allow the infrastructure to be built. This would not be a problem as long as the club can take over the ownership of the road. It would not be disruptive as it would be hung over the existing stand once the roof was removed.

As has been said many times before though it will not happen until we are an estabished Premiership team.

[/quote]

So does that mean if we did manage to become an established Premiership team and we decided to build another tier on top of the City stand we would have to play somewhere else whilst it was being built??????[:s]

"So does that mean if we did manage to become an established Premiership team and we decided to build another tier on top of the City stand we would have to play somewhere else whilst it was being built??????"

I think what jbghost meant was that Carrow ROAD, not as in the stadium, Carrow Road, which is to be closed.

Let''s get our priorities straight. Before we contemplate throwing money at a 2nd tier on the City and Jarrold stands for the supporters, let''s get a hotel built next to the corner flag........oh.