Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Tomorows team

Alnwick

Otsemobor         Spillane         Askou         Drury

Whaley               Adeyemi      Hughes         Hoolahan

Holt            Martin

This is not what I would pick but I think Lambert will change it up a bit to see what some players are like.  He must have seen something really wrong with Doherty agaisnt Brentford to drop him straight away so I think he will keep the defence the same.  It''s a bit harsh on McVeigh to drop him but I think Lambert will want to see what his other right winger is like, and same can be said for Smith a bit harsh, but I think Lambert might want to see Adeyemi in a full game when he is fully in charge.  I think Hughes played really well so it would be just finding the right partner for him so he stays in the team.  Also a bit harsh on Lappin (my MOTM on sat!) but I think he might play Hoolahan to see what he brings and maybe to put him in the shop window.  I would be really suprised if he dropped our main goal threat (Holt) so I think he will still play and Cureton didn''t play very well so I think he will be dropped and Martin will play because he wants to see what he like and I think he prefers Cody as an impact sub.

That''s my thought what about yours!?

I suspect he won''t change things around too much because if he does and we get thumped confidence will be affected again.  I''m not convinced by Whaley and Hoolahan together.  Lappin, given some of his limitations, gives a more solid look to the midfield and that might be necessary tomorrow.  As Cody did OK when he came on I''d like to see him start up front.  The mix of speed and enthusiasm alongside the presence and workrate of Holt looks good to me.  I''d give the defence another run out to see if they can avoid the howlers from Saturday.

It''ll be interesting to see which way Lambert goes. Will he give the lads left out yesterday a chance to prove themselves or will he say well done to the lads who played and give them another run.

Undoubtedly there''s room for improvement on yesterdays performance, particularly in defence.

I think some of the players who were dropped have probably got a future at the club (Doc, OTJ and Whaley) but some others I think we''ll see very little of again (Gill and Theo, possibly Nelson).

As for Wes Hoolahan, have to assume either he wants to leave or the club want the money for him. Or both. So I don''t see him being here too much longer.

I can''t see WLY playing tomorrow as to me he looked a bit tired towards the end of Saturday''s game so i think tomorrow nights game may come to early for him. I don''t think Lambert will change it around too much though

i agree it wont be changed too much...i would prefer not to hav a team put out so other teams can have a look at players we want to get rid of...give the first choice team a run out against a higher league team to give them practice rather than waste this valuable oppurtunity

To be honest after Saturday''s selection trying to guess the lottery numbers might be easier. All depends how Lambert sees it, does he care about the Carling cup? Does he want to see other member of the squad in competitive action, what players need resting after Saturday etc.

Alnwick

Otsemobor         Spillane       Askou         Drury

Whaley               Adeyemi      Russell          Hoolahan

Martin            Maric

I would rest some players for sat it''s more important.

It really does depend on how Lambert views the Carling Cup. However I think we need to find some consistency after the unsteady start we''ve had and the upheaval around the club regarding Gunn. I would however like to see Maric get a run out as I''m surprised he hasn''t yet. Happy with same team as Saturday and Maric on in the second half to give Holt some downtime.

alwick

semmy askou spillane drury

lappin russell hughes smith

holt daley

subs

rudd,doherty,adeyemi,mcveigh,hoolahan,cureton,mcdonald

Given Lambert''s comments to Chris Lakey in the EDP where he said ''I have to see everybody..I have to see people to see what they can offer" I would guess that we will see quite a few changes tonight!After Saturday, I couldn''t even begin to guess who will play although I would be surprised to see JC or WLY as they both looked tired on Saturday.

He has got to change things around - we only played two days ago... hopefully he''ll bring on some of the kids, and give some of the dropped players (not the Doc!) like OTJ, Adeyemi, Whaley, Hoolahan etc, a chance. Be nice to have Rudd in goal, maybe?

I have a feeling Russell just might get a game, shop window and all. I reckon Alnwick, Drury, Askou, Holt to keep their places, with Doc coming in, Spillane going to right back, and fresh legs in midfield, wouldn''t be surprised to see Cody introduced up front, but also wouldn''t be surprised if Curo was retained in an excercise to build his confidence.

With a view to seeing as many players as possible, and being more defensive with the opposition, I think we may get:_________RuddSpillane Nelson Stefanovic WigginsWhaley Tudur Jones Russel Lappin___________Hoolahan________MaricOf course that depends on fitness and it gives the shop window players (Stefanovic, Russel, Hoolahan) a slot.Personally, I would like to see what a OTJ/Hughes central partnership looks like, I think it could potentially be a good one.

I''m hoping he''s going to go for  big change, to give some others a chance to show what they can do, some for the first time and some after a good kick up the backside.  I would like to see:

Theo

Semi         Doc       Stef  (if fit or Nelson)     Wiggy (if fit or Lappin)      Drury will need a rest.

Whaley         Adeyemi         OTJ      Hooligan

Maric      Daley (possibly Cody)

If McV is to be dropped, and Lambert has already seen Whaley play, are there any youngsters who could play wide right? Is Davey a striker rather than a winger.What we can be sure about is that Renton and Lathrope are both injured and probably Gill will not be risked. He has seen T-J play. Are there any others he still hasn''t seen?  I think that Adayemi may start, or Smith, if he has recovered. What about Rusty? He is still with us somewhere.In defence, I suspect that he will give Askou and Spillane a further chance to settle in together, though neither will be able to match Kenwyn Jones in the air, if he plays, but then the doc and Nelson would be even more outjumped. Lambert might be tempted to give Harbargham part of the match to give Drury some rest after only 48 hours.In attack the manager knows the quality of Holt. Would he dare rest him as well, and give, say Maric a run, or Martin. I suspect that Curo needs a little longer to recover from Saturday, so perhaps Cody will start.The problem with forecasting, as I see it, is to decide how seriously Lambert is tking this game? He wants to give everyone a game soon, but how far will he weaken the team? If the Carling Cup is relatively unimportant, then we could see three or four new faces, but if a cup run is seen as desireable, then there could be only one or two.This is a big unknown.

[quote user="Salopian"]If McV is to be dropped, and Lambert has already seen Whaley play, are there any youngsters who could play wide right? Is Davey a striker rather than a winger.

What we can be sure about is that Renton and Lathrope are both injured and probably Gill will not be risked. He has seen T-J play. Are there any others he still hasn''t seen?  I think that Adayemi may start, or Smith, if he has recovered. What about Rusty? He is still with us somewhere.

In defence, I suspect that he will give Askou and Spillane a further chance to settle in together, though neither will be able to match Kenwyn Jones in the air, if he plays, but then the doc and Nelson would be even more outjumped. Lambert might be tempted to give Harbargham part of the match to give Drury some rest after only 48 hours.

In attack the manager knows the quality of Holt. Would he dare rest him as well, and give, say Maric a run, or Martin. I suspect that Curo needs a little longer to recover from Saturday, so perhaps Cody will start.

The problem with forecasting, as I see it, is to decide how seriously Lambert is tking this game? He wants to give everyone a game soon, but how far will he weaken the team? If the Carling Cup is relatively unimportant, then we could see three or four new faces, but if a cup run is seen as desireable, then there could be only one or two.This is a big unknown.
[/quote]

I don''t think he wont play someone just because he saw them at Brentford, he want to see what they are like under his own tactics and see if he can bring the best out of them.  Thats why I put players like Whaley in my team.

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Rudd Semmy Spillane Spillane Drury McVeigh Hughes Adeyemi Lappin Holt (C) Macdonald Subs: Alnwick Doc Smith Cureton Martin Whaley Maric[/quote]

can''t see ruddplaying!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Rudd Semmy Spillane Spillane Drury McVeigh Hughes Adeyemi Lappin Holt (C) Macdonald Subs: Alnwick Doc Smith Cureton Martin Whaley Maric[/quote]

can''t see ruddplaying!!

[/quote]I''m more concerned that spillane could be a little overworked in central defense!

Don''t think he will put players in the shop window he wants to keep - so expect Smith and Adeyemi not to feature.Lappin may stay in the mix: needs the match practice and may be tested to show he can play like he did two games in a row.Hughes also needs more games.Russell? Just maybe.Holt surely will be on the bench if at all - he has serious toothache for heaven''s sake and has to be fit for Saturday. Martin is the natural replacement - but Maric ought to be included.(Think Theo will be on the bench and featured if we are coasting it with 15 minutes to go....Wink [;)])