Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Anyone watching at home ?

Brilliant save from Alnwick followed by 2 really good ones from Gordon,  Daley should have done better maybe and Whaley definitely.   B*****ks, BLOODY DOC !!!

Can anyone enlighten me as to what positive contribution Hoolahan makes? When he gets the ball he runs around for a little bit and then passes backwards.

Bit of class then from Lappin. Controlled a high ball by the penalty area instead of hoofing it, then a cross half the length of the pitch to Holt''s feet.[:)]

I am quite enjoying itIt is educational for me and no doubt for PL.Sunderland are a nice solid pl team.Infront of us we see that GDoc is simply too unathletic Kjones is dominating him his mistake looked a little patheticWe have also seen the John Os defensive liabilites A Ried is a skilful piemaster the kind that gets the best of JOst everytime.If you where playing a computer game you would after this gamea) look for a faster CBb) buy a right back with better positioning skills and workrate.I would thank steve bruce after this they are beating norwich in a way that is showing the areas of improvement needed the chip aside nothing has been amazing.

Two goals down to Whaley in my view. Second goal came from him dithering in midfield and then giving it away having committed teammates forward and it was his responsibility to track Reid for the third because Semmy had been pulled into the middle.As for Doc, well, nothing need be said really!

Overall we''ve looked good going forward but Whaley and Daley were both too indecisive in front of goal. Overall it''s really showing what a great team selection it was on Saturday as none of the new faces has done much to state their case.

Seem to be good going forward, plenty of shots Gordon is playing superbly!

Shame are defence (DOC & OTS) are gash

Just seen the highlights of our attempts and all three of them should have been goals!

Gordon is playing like a £9m goal keeper!! oh wait a minute...

On the bright side, really like the look of Holt (again) and Lappin. Might as well bring Nelson on at half time for either Doherty or Semmy (moving Spillane to RB), give him a chance to prove himself after the Colchester disaster.

Sunderland have taken their chances well and we haven''t, otherwsie it might have been close! great saves from Gordon though, from Lappin, Whaley (more of a miss) and Spillane, how is he not their no.1?

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]
I am quite enjoying it

It is educational for me and no doubt for PL.

Sunderland are a nice solid pl team.

Infront of us we see that GDoc is simply too unathletic Kjones is dominating him his mistake looked a little pathetic

We have also seen the John Os defensive liabilites A Ried is a skilful piemaster the kind that gets the best of JOst everytime.

If you where playing a computer game you would after this game

a) look for a faster CB

b) buy a right back with better positioning skills and workrate.

I would thank steve bruce after this they are beating norwich in a way that is showing the areas of improvement needed the chip aside nothing has been amazing.
[/quote]

Disagree with half of that.  Yes Doc has played bloody awful but Semi''s workrate has been very good.  It was Whaley at fault for the 2nd and 3rd goals. 

1st goal, Doc''s fault.  Fell over and let Jones in.

2nd goal, Whaleys fault, Gave the ball away in the middle of the park under no pressure at all.

3rd goal, brilliantly worked but watch Whaley jogging back instead of chasing Reid.  Semi, if you were watching had sprinted across to get to Carlos Edwards who was unmarked in the middle.#

Semi has played well!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Two goals down to Whaley in my view. Second goal came from him dithering in midfield and then giving it away having committed teammates forward and it was his responsibility to track Reid for the third because Semmy had been pulled into the middle.As for Doc, well, nothing need be said really!

Overall we''ve looked good going forward but Whaley and Daley were both too indecisive in front of goal. Overall it''s really showing what a great team selection it was on Saturday as none of the new faces has done much to state their case.

[/quote]

Ah, some sense and reason at last, thanks Beau.  Just what I''ve been saying but, of course, everyone is blaming Semi.