Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Can everyone PLEASE bear in mind

Happy to do so, but have you seen the attempts at Otsemobor playing right back? There is no excuse for not being in your position or being arsed to track back...

While this is true and I am encouraged by us going forward, but if you are telling me some of the defending is anywhere near acceptable for professional footballers you are wrong.

[quote user="CT "]that sunderland are a GOOD premiership side?

We may get hit for 8 or 9. I dont care, a thrashing was always going to happen.
[/quote]

CT, your lack of pride is discusting. Stupid post of the day mark 2.

The main thing is that we need to see a decent performance - imo we were never going to win this match but should show that we can play and give them a good game.

From what I''ve seen of the match (from c20mins), we''ve played pretty well and all-but matched them other than in defence where as always we have been crap. With a modicum of luck we would have at least had one goal.

If anything, the last few games will have pointed out to Lambert that the defence still needs a lot of work - but that in midfield and up front we do have some good players.

yeh , you know Lambert isnt going for the epic upset with Doc and Daley in the team.Shop window Daley anyone ???Saying that, Craig Gordon is class between the pegs.Should and could be 3-2 -3-3should be 2-2Pretending Doc didnt screw up for the millionth ( and hopefully last ) time and that OTJ and Whalley had scored

Agreed BP. The fans applauding them off shows tonight isn''t 100% about the result, but a chance for certain players to stake a claim and for the team to give it a real good effort against a very in-form Premiership side.

Whaley and Otsemobor have been perhaps the most feeble right pairing I have seen in a LONG time. Semmy is basically playing both roles because Whaley is losing himself that black hole again... pathetic performance from Whaley so far.

A 2nd half clean sheet and some more good build up play, maybe get a goal we probably deserve based on our attacking play and there can''t be too many complaints.

Getting beat was always likely but the amateurish defending is unacceptable. Going forwards we look useful but it looks like we''ll ship goals against anyone

Hopefully, this is just a ''throw away" game from the mgr''s point of view, and as such, he put out this odd line up.  D''OH-erty screws the pooch again and it''s all downhill from there.  That SHOULD mean he will be put out to pasture, an apt metaphor for a donkey.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="CT "]that sunderland are a GOOD premiership side?We may get hit for 8 or 9. I dont care, a thrashing was always going to happen.[/quote]

[/quote]The sooner you and others wake up and realise we are THIRD DIVISION playing against a PREMIERSHIP side the better.Its not that I dont have a lack of pride more I realise how good sunderland are compared to us (especially when you consider our defence).

I think we have shown promise, but right back is not so good! Whaley has looked a bit pants too. To be fair we would be in this game if it wasn''t for their goalkeeper, 3 great saves.

Also, doesn''t Lappin look decent?

Think could quite easily be 3-3 the only difference between the teams is the finishing. yes doc made a mistake, so did spillane and askou on sat but everything else he has done ok. agree with the earlier post about whaley doesnt look interested and is leaving otsem exposed. compare to sat when mcveigh and hughes helped out and we looked lot more solid

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="CT "]that sunderland are a GOOD premiership side?We may get hit for 8 or 9. I dont care, a thrashing was always going to happen.[/quote]

[/quote]The sooner you and others wake up and realise we are THIRD DIVISION playing against a PREMIERSHIP side the better.Its not that I dont have a lack of pride more I realise how good sunderland are compared to us (especially when you consider our defence).[/quote]Are you 12 years old?? A big defeat against anyone is not good, do you have any knowledge about football?

I think the main difference is they have a £9million goal keeper...

Also Andy Reid just scored two ridiculous goals!

As much as they are a good team, we have become too lightweight. Too many times tonight we were outmuscled and we are too slow in moving the ball and chasing the opposition. When will we get midfielders who are a quick, tonight some of our midfiled looked like they were laboured in their running.

Hoolahan looked like he couldn''t be bothered and his final ball was woeful.

Credit where its due, Lappin had a good game and I believe Lambert will turn us around as at times we played some good football too.

Well I thought the score flattered Sunderland, and don''t even get me started on Dorothy!

At times, we looked good and we were up against a Prem side.