Sign in to follow this  
PaulyH

Norwich City fans worldwide!!!

What a brain wave Archant!http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1822042/ShowPost.aspxCan''t think where you''d have got that idea from:http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/kickitoffMakes you wonder why people get paid to come up with new innovative ideas when you can just copy them from those people that give up their time and effort for the benefit of their fellow supports for free.

It''s a map for pictures - replacing Get Your PinkUn Out as there''s no longer a printed product to pack in your suitcase.

We did a PinkUn website members map years ago (I seem to remember Kathy had trouble getting Reepham on there).

Wow!

In 65 million people, 2 had the same idea. Amazing.

There is no such thing as an original thought, not in a world this large. All innovation comes from "copying" and using existing idea''s and building on them. Make your idea *more* innovative, and unique and it shouldn''t be a problem. If someone copies that, then you have to stay innovative to keep ahead.

Bring on the competition.

In which case I apologise for the confusion. Where is Reepham?Sorry for being stupid but how does this replace ''get your pinkun out?''. Obviously there is no pinkun anymore so what exactly are you supposed to get out?

[quote user="First Jedi"]Wow!

In 65 million people, 2 had the same idea. Amazing.[/quote]Why 65 million people?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

It''s a map for pictures - replacing Get Your PinkUn Out as there''s no longer a printed product to pack in your suitcase.

We did a PinkUn website members map years ago (I seem to remember Kathy had trouble getting Reepham on there).

[/quote]So they''re not foreign fans but fans on their jollies?

[quote user="PaulyH"]In which case I apologise for the confusion. Where is Reepham?

Sorry for being stupid but how does this replace ''get your pinkun out?''. Obviously there is no pinkun anymore so what exactly are you supposed to get out?
[/quote]

Somewhere in Norfolk apparently.

Photos of people in Norwich shirts, scarves, hats, flags, etc. We''ll even put up pics of those that do still take old PinkUns on holiday with them.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

So they''re not foreign fans but fans on their jollies?
[/quote]

Can be either.

"Why 65 million people?"

In this country... sorry - ball park figure - I''m good at pulling things out my arse (I live in Brighton, dontcha know!)... fact is, within this country, there is no such thing as an original idea.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Why 65 million people?"

In this country... sorry - ball park figure - I''m good at pulling things out my arse (I live in Brighton, dontcha know!)... fact is, within this country, there is no such thing as an original idea.[/quote]OK, well I apologised for my confusion but even if this was the case that the pinkun had copied KIO I fail to see the relevance of your point and its accuracy.

"OK, well I apologised for my confusion but even if this was the case that the pinkun had copied KIO I fail to see the relevance of your point and its accuracy."

No need to apologise - just chatting, eh? Okay forget the figure, ignore everything else and simply re-read this bit;

"There is no such thing as an original thought. All innovation comes from "copying" and using existing idea''s and building on them. Make your idea *more* innovative, and unique and it shouldn''t be a problem. If someone copies that, then you have to stay innovative to keep ahead. Bring on the competition."

Basically, if someone copies your idea, take it as the best form of flattery, and come up with more clever ideas and implement them better. To expect people not to copy your ideas is to admit the ideas weren''t worth sh1t in the first place.

Idea''s themselves aren''t worth anything anyway - as proved as they are so equally copied or thought of separately. Implementation is the key - implement your idea better than they implement their idea, and it doesn''t matter who or what the idea was, or who "thought of it first" or who copied who.

Constant innovation and implementation are the keys. You shouldn''t whine that someone has nicked your idea. Come up with something better, implement it better and don''t rest on your laurels, or complain when you are forced to be innovative to remain competitive.

Sorry for the essay! :)