Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Whaley

Seems like all those Preston fans were right about him - what a waste of space. Otsemobor Mk II! Got all the potential, but just looked like he couldn''t be bothered to track back and was at fault for 2 of the goals IMO.

Best part of the evening was when Lappin came over and gave both the 2 wasters on the right a real rollocking - good on him. Wish I had the opportunity to.

As I said after the Col U debacle, I cannot believe he was signed as a winger, or even to play on the right side of midfield.Surely now the only team for Saturday is:Rudd (if Alnwick''s injury looks as bad as it did from the ten feet I sat away from the tunnel)Smith (he''s played at RB as much as in CM for the kid''s team) - Askou (despite errors) - Doc (sorry but Nelson was worse!) - Drury (is he fit yet???)WLY - Adeyemi - Hughes - LappinHolt - CodyWe may have a big squad but there''s not many cherries in there!

When we signed him i posted on the Preston NE footy mad forum asking about him. They said this:

thoughts on simon whaley,lazy,big headed,poor mans ronaldo,lacks commitment,only performs when he sees fit,has 1 good game in 10,overpaid,he performs better in the dug out,he has an excellent knack of lookin really smart before he comes on the pitch,loves himself.

the plus sude of him is he does actually have talent,i will be glad to see him go.good luck with him.

don''t think his agent could have put it any better! ;-)

To answer the original question: ''I heard we are getting a quality player''.

Well, yes, potentially you are. He has attributes that could take him to the top flight, although, does he want it enough and the fact that he couldn''t remove a less talented player in Sedgwick, who possesses everything Whaley doesn''t have, would suggest that there is a genuine question to whether he does have that determination - time will tell.

Nah mate, first few games he''ll look a world beater. Then he''ll turn into the most work shy, big headed, the world owes me something right winger you''ve ever had.

A bit like he has been for us.

At one point he was rated higher than Nugent by some, he got injured and lost his confidence.

Last season QPR were rumoured to have been ready to offer 1 million for him until a change in manager, sure this was also a fact in his dip in form.

He''ll do well for ya, he''ll have confidence to attack DIV 1 defences, but up here at the top end of the championship(not bragging) he couldn''t beat em if he had a baseball bat. IMO.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=426&fid=204&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125312387

There''s the proof.

Saturdays team will be the same as last week except perhaps martin in for cureton although I doubt it. If injuries/suspensions force a change then doc in for Spillane and rudd in for Alnwick.

Smith will play over adeyemi and rightly so in my opinion.

Playing Whaley & Otsemo-waste-of-space down the right flank really is never going to work because they seem to share 1 brain cell between the 2 of them, and neither can defend. 1 good game in 10 is just not good enough. Any decent winger will tear them apart, as shown this evening.