Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Tonights Game

Even though we lost 4-1 to a better side I thought We played well, against the odds and this time didnt hang our heads down but got on with it. Yes the defence needs attention but even so Well done the Lads.

Yeah can agree with that, it was a good match to show are weaknesses. Namely the whole right hand side and the two centre backs

Take Semmy Spillane and Doherty out of the equation, a pretty good shift by all... OTJ a little questionable at times but his height is clearly useful in the centre.

Holt fantastic shift once more, strange for him to get subbed so early into the 2nd half... Lappin MUST be played on the left wing more often, not at left back. Easily the Norwich MOM. Daley doesn''t look quite ready... I know it was Sunderland and no youth player is really going to perform well against their defenders... however he just looks a little raw, maybe the JPT can help him out for match practice.

If we show the passion in attack and the determination to get forward like we did tonight, should do well on saturday.

yeh agree with all that.Nice to see the fans at the game still seemed behind the side to the end. Think it was a good performance considering.Im more interested to see who is being shop window''d and who is going to start next week.Still think the Holt / Cody Mac pairing in attack is going to be our best bet, going to miss Spilane though.Think Lappin also elevated himself to first name on the team sheet role as well.

I agree on the whole. Some nice football played and chances created which, if we didn''t have to face a terrific goalkeeper, we might have scored at least another couple.Defence is worrying but at least we won''t have to face quality forwards like that every week in L1... and there''s still a week to go till deadline day. If the last week is anything like the previous couple of months, it could be an entertaining time!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Take Semmy Spillane and Doherty out of the equation, a pretty good shift by all... OTJ a little questionable at times but his height is clearly useful in the centre.

Holt fantastic shift once more, strange for him to get subbed so early into the 2nd half
... Lappin MUST be played on the left wing more often, not at left back. Easily the Norwich MOM. Daley doesn''t look quite ready... I know it was Sunderland and no youth player is really going to perform well against their defenders... however he just looks a little raw, maybe the JPT can help him out for match practice.

If we show the passion in attack and the determination to get forward like we did tonight, should do well on saturday.[/quote]Probably knew not to risk him. What if what happened to Campbell had happened the other end ?I would reckon, ( especially seeing Holt come out with the armband) that Lambert sees Holt as pretty important to his campaign. Not worth risking a guy (who is going to get knocks just based on the way he plays) in a lost cause match !

Absolutely nothing wrong with our attack tonight, it''s all about the crap defence. We have to find a way to keep a clean sheet.

And when Spillane is red carded leaving Donkerty having to play, we are in trouble.

Stefanovic anyone?

Yes Yes and Yes.

Fans sounded great chanting on hte ball city! lol. I like the fact that the younger lads are getting a chance to play, hope that Rudd can step up if Alnwick is injured

Lappin was quality and I thought the majority of the second half we were very positive considering the score line

Doc and Otsemobor should never wear a norwich shirt again absolutely untter crap...

Whats with the Otsem bashing tonight? i thought he done ok and got totally shafted by Whaley in n front of him who was to blame for the 2 and 3 goal but see not much bashing of him on here

[quote user="Dexx"]Doc and Otsemobor should never wear a norwich shirt again absolutely untter crap...[/quote]Semi was better when Whalley wasnt leaving him as the only person on the entire right wing.I think Semi was exposed , although he is a bit of a liability i would agree.When it comes to notice to departure, id put Semi lower down the ranks... with at least Doc and Whalley above him !

I''m tempted to agree upon review of the game again Nexus. We all know Otsemobor isn''t the most reliable of right backs, and the WORST case scenario is his right winger totally disappears and give no 0% support. My list of players to be dropped for a substantial amount of time:

Doc

Whaley

Semmy

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Whats with the Otsem bashing tonight? i thought he done ok and got totally shafted by Whaley in n front of him who was to blame for the 2 and 3 goal but see not much bashing of him on here
[/quote]

that is true to some extent, but he does look better as a winger than a defender. I thought Spillane was actually OK until the stupid red card.

There were a number of positives tonight but defending as a team is the biggest concern.  Defending is an 11 man job and I''m afraid its far too easy to point the finger at the likes of Doc and Otsemobor.  Whaley was poor at tracking back but for two of the goals Tudur-Jones just let his man run off to get involved in the goal while he just jogged behind and Adeyemi wasn''t much better in this department.  As a team we all need to be aware of our responsibilities to keep our shape and get behind the ball.  Having said that, where was Otsemobor when they scored their second goal??  Its not just individual errors here though, in open play the team defends like a Sunday pub team.  Of all the players on show tonight I felt Tudur-Jones was the one I was most disappointed in.  He''s slower than my mother-in-law and not as good at tidying up either!  When we signed him I had really high expectations (suppose I''m getting used to the disappointments these days!)

Totally agree with you Dronny apart from the 2 goal. Otsem had made an overlapping run and instead of whaley passing it to him, turned back inside lost the ball which meant otsem was over the halfway line and no chance of getting back, as i said totally shafted by whaley twice tonight. Otsem played and looked ok on sat with mcveigh and hughes supporting and defending as a team

Funniest game everF**king andy reid, ALWAYS UNMARKED! You''d think they''d learn from the first goal, but no.Cody McDonald what a hero ahha

Well said Dronny, it is a team job, we need to tighten up as unit, not just 4 players at the back.

Agree with Dronny Canary. The defence rec''d virtually no support from the midfield who on many occasions were slow to get back and cover. On the TV Adeyemi and Whaley were non-existent. First time I had seen Tudor-Jones not impressed. Hoolahan does a lot of good work on the ball but many of his final balls were passed to heavily marked players in centre of pitch.

I do hope the coaches will sort out glaring failures such as the number of times someone wide and well placed to cross, fiddled about and the ball played across the pitch and then finally given to a player who is tightly marked.

Overall considering the opposition we played quite well and showed a bit of pace and determination - and we did not have much luck. There is some hope for the future.

Matt and dronny you''re spot on.

First goal, yes doc tried to play the man as normal rather than the goal but it was a midfielder coming in from deep that scored, where were tj and adeyemi?

Goal number two, semi makes a run, whaley gives it away, no chance for semi to get back and in fairness what a wonderful finish!

Goal number three, we were totally outnumbered, Spillane pulled around, semi covered whaley didn''t track back and another unmarked midfielder arrives in the box.

Midfield was the problem tonight. Yes we presented a more organised bank of 4, one they were breached there was no effort to get back in the box!

Couldn''t agree more. we all know Doc was blown out of the water by Jones for the 1st goal but whose job was it to track Tainio? He should never of been in so much space.

The second goal if Semmy is so far up the pitch then someone needs to fill in for him. I''m honestly starting to think that the likes of Whaley and Hoolahan would be better as impact subs or you play only one of them. They both make us loose our shape and fail to provide cover if the full back goes on the overlap.

Davo