Sign in to follow this  
Harleston Canary

What can Lambert realistically do now?

Pointless when your options are:

Right back: Otsemabor

Centre backs: Askou, Spillane (Red Carded), Doc, Nelson, Stef (Being forced out)

Left back: Drury, Wiggins (Injured)

I mean how the hell do you make a silk purse outa that? I would love: Spillane, Askou, Stefanovic, Wiggins. But that will never be the back 4 this season unless hell froze over.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]The sad thing is we need a whole back 4 to have any chance they are all awful, Doc must go first though![/quote]No. First we must replace Semi.  Then The Doc must go.Of course we could replace semi with a card board cut out of himself and it would so better, so that bit wouldn''t take much money!

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]As I''ve said somewhere else, its not just the back four at fault.  We don''t defend as a team.  Our midfield as also culpable.  They simply don''t track back, they wonder out of shape and they don''t take responsibility for their man.  Because of this our "defence" gets too exposed far too easily.  This is partly because we don''t seem to have any real leaders in this area in the team to get stuck into the rest of them and sort it out.  We need a "character" solid central defender and a similar player in the centre of midfield. [/quote]

I have to agree with this. The defensive unit is not just the back four but the entire team. The blame for the shambolic first half defensive display can not just be conveniently placed at Doherty''s feet. The defence was horribly exposed by Whaley''s non-existence, Hoolahan''s tendency for showing off with no end product and a woefully inadequate central midfield partnership. I''m afraid that we need more than ''a character''. We need bite in midfield and most importantly some shape as a TEAM.

He could start by playing Stefanovic. Either play him (and he deserves to be played ahead of the other dross) or hurry up and terminate his contract.