Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

Lambert is a clever fella

Apologies if anyone else has said something similar but just got back via the Attleborough Indian (Very very nice).

Quite simply Lambert selected a team with a few players that are going to be very doubtful in Lambert''s future team.

His obvious philosophy was '' If I give em enough rope they will hang themselves. So stand up Doc, Tudor Jones and Whaley for starters!!!

Due for a visit to the Manager''s office shortly I wager.

Oh the joy in having a proper Manager running this club at last.

That''s all folks. A very good night to you all.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Apologies if anyone else has said something similar but just got back via the Attleborough Indian (Very very nice).

Quite simply Lambert selected a team with a few players that are going to be very doubtful in Lambert''s future team.

His obvious philosophy was '' If I give em enough rope they will hang themselves. So stand up Doc, Tudor Jones and Whaley for starters!!!

That''s all folks. A very good night to you all.[/quote]

Agree about the nature of Lambert''s selection and hopefully we shall never see Whaley in a city shirt again. Tudur Jones is young enoug to be shipped out again but whilst the Doc did not cover himself in glory tonight he still has a role to play at this level.

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"] Doc did not cover himself in glory tonight he still has a role to play at this level.[/quote]yeh we need a kit boy

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Glutton for Punishment"] Doc did not cover himself in glory tonight he still has a role to play at this level.[/quote]yeh we need a kit boy [/quote]Amen! He was crap again tonight, we could probably do with an intellegent and pacey youngster from a Prem club at the mo, especially as Spillane will probably be out for three matches now through suspension!

Professional foul should be a one match ban I think.(I need a new avatar)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Apologies if anyone else has said something similar but just got back via the Attleborough Indian (Very very nice). Quite simply Lambert selected a team with a few players that are going to be very doubtful in Lambert''s future team. His obvious philosophy was '' If I give em enough rope they will hang themselves. So stand up Doc, Tudor Jones and Whaley for starters!!! Due for a visit to the Manager''s office shortly I wager. Oh the joy in having a proper Manager running this club at last. That''s all folks. A very good night to you all.[/quote]

I cannot disagree you more! Those 3 players were shocking, absolutely SHOCKING!!! (I watch the game on the internet from Hong Kong)

Sorry XXL16 I think you''ve got the wrong end of the stick.

My suggestion is that those players will be in the Manager''s office this week and be told to look for another club.

Mind you I disagree with your hero worship of BMW salesman Daryl Sutch!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Apologies if anyone else has said something similar but just got back via the Attleborough Indian (Very very nice). Quite simply Lambert selected a team with a few players that are going to be very doubtful in Lambert''s future team. His obvious philosophy was '' If I give em enough rope they will hang themselves. So stand up Doc, Tudor Jones and Whaley for starters!!! Due for a visit to the Manager''s office shortly I wager. Oh the joy in having a proper Manager running this club at last. That''s all folks. A very good night to you all.[/quote]

Spot on! I think that one of the keys things from last night was that it showed how good the team selection was on Saturday. Clearly dead wood is being lined up for the chop, and that can''t happen soon enough. Lambert is setting his stall out to be a very hard task master and God knows we need one. I also enjoyed the withering scorn he directed at the idiot Sky interviewer who, having expressed toadying  concern to Bruce about Campbell''s wellbeing, didn''t have the decency to ask about Alnwick, but merely made a flippant remark about finding a new keeper!

We''ll see in 6 months if it''s a good appointment or not.

From what I can make of them (!), his interviews are always thoughtful and he says the right things. I just wish he plays Hoolahan instead of McHeavy on saturday.

And about some of the crap we had out their last night, I really don''t see how Owain Tudur Jones, Gary Doherty, Chris Martin and Simon Whaley (Although slightly less so) can be of any real benefit to us this season.

[quote user="XXL16"]

I cannot disagree you more! Those 3 players were shocking, absolutely SHOCKING!!! (I watch the game on the internet from Hong Kong)

[/quote]

Something is telling me that some of BG’s post got lost in translation?

The players mentioned weren’t just bad tonight, I would wager that Gary ‘Muffin’ Doherty came up with one of the worst performances I’ve ever had the misfortune of witnessing in a yellow shirt and that really does include some Grade A rubbish over the years. 

The very thought of watching Doherty play for us puts a shiver down my spine, he can’t pass water, his first touch is a shot and his second is a tackle, he is slow, cumbersome and a consummate oaf!

Now then, Bury Green and I have a little secret to tell, you’ll never guess who works selling BMW’s in Bury St. Edmunds?

Shaplas per chance?

Agree with your point also and I would add dozey Semi to the list too. I thought Martin did fairly well when he came on tbh and caused a few problems and Daley was lively.

I agree with all the ratings of the players that everyone has been discussing but disagree with what you believe Lambert''s philosophy over team selection has been over the last two games.

Why is it, that when Lambert himself states he needs to see as many of our players playing to see exactly what he''s got, that people come on here and say ''he''s obviously just picking people to put them in the shop window'' or ''he''s obvioulsy picking players that are unlikely to play for us again''?

Listen to the manager guys - he wants to see all of our players, which is why some unexpected players are getting games right now.

Or is it just the done thing on this board to naturally assume that club officials are bending the truth to suit their own purposes...

Wasn''t at the match. Whilst I am not a big fan of Doherty, he had his moments last season and according to Jonathan Redhead put in a decent shift last night against top flight opposition. Spillane didn''t exactly shine last night either, did he?. Lambert is no fool - he knows the entire team had a much stiffer task last night than what Saturday''s Fireflies had to face against Wycombe. Sure the need to bolster the defence is obvious - significant I think that Nelson never made it onto the pitch. I just hope he keeps Lappin in the midfield and not in the back four.

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="XXL16"]

[/quote]

The players mentioned weren’t just bad tonight, I would wager that Gary ‘Muffin’ Doherty came up with one of the worst performances I’ve ever had the misfortune of witnessing in a yellow shirt and that really does include some Grade A rubbish over the years. 

The very thought of watching Doherty play for us puts a shiver down my spine, he can’t pass water, his first touch is a shot and his second is a tackle, he is slow, cumbersome and a consummate oaf!

Now then, Bury Green and I have a little secret to tell, you’ll never guess who works selling BMW’s in Bury St. Edmunds?

[/quote]Errr, you are Bury Green.  Unless you are both Bury Green and Bury Yellow ? [:o] [:)]

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="XXL16"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m quite sure that David knows very well what sutchy is up to [8-)] .

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="XXL16"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Errr, you are Bury Green.  Unless you are both Bury Green and Bury Yellow ? [:o] [:)]
[/quote]

Alas we had slightly more than is sensible to have last night and full of regret this morning, silly boys!

The OP is however older, more bad tempered and full of love and admiration for our imperious ginger centre half

[quote user="Captain Holt"] I just wish he plays Hoolahan instead of McHeavy on saturday. [/quote]

Glad you aint manager.

I absolutely agree with your assertion that the B team were out in force last night though Bury.  Much easier to impress against Wycombe than against Sunderland, and if you do impress against Sunderland, then you probably deserve to stay.As Cam has pointed out though, shifting players may prove to be a problem, Tudor-Jones has just signed a 3 year deal for a start, and a career in Swansea reserves followed by a couple of games for Norwich might make him a difficult sell, for example...

Mr Lambert is already showing signs of appearing to know what he''s doing. If he can mastermind a win against the mighty ''Pools on Saturday then I really will start believing. A lot of you may regard a win there as a foregone conclusion, but with our shockingly poor away form under recent managers, a win would show definite signs of improvement and begin to reveal that our new management team know what they are doing. OTBC!

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Apologies if anyone else has said something similar but just got back via the Attleborough Indian (Very very nice).

That''s all folks. A very good night to you all.[/quote]

Agree about the nature of Lambert''s selection and hopefully we shall never see Whaley in a city shirt again. Tudur Jones is young enoug to be shipped out again but whilst the Doc did not cover himself in glory tonight he still has a role to play at this level.[/quote]

you really are living up to your name.................Doc must go as I

physically or emotionally watch him in a City shirt again, simple as

that.

I  have to say that watching the game live last night i was as peeed off with the Doc as most people on here appear to be but having sat and watched the replay on sky I''ve kind of changed my mind. Yes he messed uo for the first goal but apart from one truely dreadful pass he didn''t really do an awful lot else wrong. He was certainly no worse than the other members of our so called defence