Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Will Theoklitos play for us again?

I''ve been trying to judge the standard of the A-league to see if League 1 is a step too far for Theoklitos.

It''s hard to say really, the standard isn''t that great despite the huge crowds. Even that tw*t Muscat seems to be a star for Melbourne Victory. It''s not that great is it?

Some YouTube links below that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnEBaoYm660&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3wyPFv6UA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BShbOXc4YUk&feature=fvw

One thing is certain he shouldn''t be intimidated by a crowd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWsBlmxptw&feature=related

Same old Muscat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyldpnfTc6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xor1kAFwe0&feature=related

VICTORY The Brave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwyH12R89Q4&feature=related

What do you think? Is this too much of a step up for Theoklitos? Will we see him again?

[quote user="cosmos67"]Hopefully not! i will keep my fingers crossed and wish on a star that he dont..............sorry i just dont trust him[:(][/quote]

I know where you are coming from. He let in 7 but is he really that bad?

He still had saves to make in Oz and in front of huge crowds. Gunn was also a very good goalkeeper so should know the credentials he needs. Was it just a mistake on his debut that snowballed?

I feel for the guy but the fact he was not even on the bench at the weekend could signal the end for Theo.

Jen_Jen  "No, It''s Rudd, I Took Myself At Dartford! [:P]

Oh right, my bad. The eyes are going...

So you''re a Theo fan Jen? Is it for his footballing ability?

I remember Gunny letting in 8 for Scotland...would it be fair to juge his whole career on just that game?

Theo deserves another chance - he might turn out to be pretty good after all and prove his critics wrong

So you''re a Theo fan Jen? Is it for his footballing ability?

Of Course, I Know He Didn''t Do Well Against Colchester But I Belive He Deserves Another Chance. I Fear If We Wait Until The Reserve Games Start In September And Put Him In Them His Confidence Will Be Majorly Dented And Maybe Even His Playing Ability, Having Been Out For So Long!

I hope he can come back and be a top keeper for us. I fear he won''t be given a chance though.

I stick him in for the paint game next Tuesday. Give him a second chance and if he doesn''t take it ship him out.

Maybe it''s too early to tell but on yesterday''s evidence, he''s 4th choice. I''d probably give him a chance in the paint pot but can see Lambert using that one to blood Rudd or Steer. It might be until Alnwick goes back to Spurs that he even gets back in the frame.

On the one hand i say give him a chance !!BUTI will be pooing my pants whenever hes on the ballTo be fair he has gotten all the flack from something that really was a team disaster.I feel Semi and Doc have gotten off very lightly, what kinda defender would DARE make a back pass like that, or get turned on a dime and then have the gaul to blame the keeper ?I hope Lambert has sat the team down and explained his COLCHESTER tactics that he used to win 7-1 and been ruthless...like"Doc.. your fat and slow... i made Lisbie run rings round you" etc etc etcthat coulda opened some eyes

If He Gets Another Chance Then He Will Be Wanting To Prove To Everyone Just How Great He Is, And Will Be Raring To Put On A Brilliant Performance, Which Will Hopefully Give The Rest Of The Team Energy And Confidence Too. But The Worst Thing Would Be If He Got A Bed Reception From All The Fans, Because At Least He Had The Decency To Apologize To Us After The Game. I Hope He Doesn''t Go............

Id have hoped he woulda been raring to go the last time...I was and i was sat in Carrow road, let alone the pitch , team or starting XI ;)

DO you honestly think Lambert, after seeing him play on the opening day of the season from the opponents perspective, will play him ever again?No, because the opposing team would immediately single out the keeper as the weak link - putting even more pressure on him.Sometimes in life you only get one chance. Theokiltos has had his with NCFC I think. He''ll have been gutted when he heard Lambert was the new manager.

Daft to judge a player on one game, however badly they play.

If he impresses in training and in upcoming reserve games there is no reason why he can''t get his NCFC career back on track.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

He can have all 7 goals credited to his mistakes - but i cant see him playing again

[/quote]

You clearly have never played in goal even at a modest professional level.

[quote user="Barbie"]Give him a few reserve games. See how he fairs in those.[/quote]

And that''s the problem. Rudd should be getting the reserve games at the moment. He may well be the first team keeper within a few months and needs as much time playing at a high a level as possible.

Hope Theoklitos never plays for us again, in his interview he was the typical big headed Australian that did not care and shrugged off his performance.

Just a bit worried we have Ben Alnwick stamping his mark as our number 1 and he goes back to spurs soon.

Declan Rudd would be our obvious choice but I think we need to search for a keeper, just wish we never let Joe Lewis go......

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]Hope Theoklitos never plays for us again, in his interview he was the typical big headed Australian that did not care and shrugged off his performance. Just a bit worried we have Ben Alnwick stamping his mark as our number 1 and he goes back to spurs soon. Declan Rudd would be our obvious choice but I think we need to search for a keeper, just wish we never let Joe Lewis go......[/quote]

That''s the point I guess...when Alnwick goes back do we give Theo another try? Do we play Rudd? (Is he ready?) or should we be looking for a new keeper?

I wouldnt be surprised if he played tonight. He signed a 3 yr deal I think so I''m sure he will play at some point.

Didnt lambo say everyone starts with a clean slate?

I thinks its hard blaming all 7 goals on him, he got very little protection from a back four with more holes in it than swiss cheese.

[quote user="S.Yorks Canary"]

I wouldnt be surprised if he played tonight. He signed a 3 yr deal I think so I''m sure he will play at some point.

Didnt lambo say everyone starts with a clean slate?

I thinks its hard blaming all 7 goals on him, he got very little protection from a back four with more holes in it than swiss cheese.

[/quote]

Maybe now he will be back in...

Any news on Alnwick''s injury? I haven''t heard anything.

It''s Theo or Rudd

[quote user="Barbie"]Give him a few reserve games. See how he fairs in those.[/quote]

Yes, that would be the best solution. Theo''s performance in the Col U match may have been a one off, but you get the impression that Paul Lambert might have written him off altogether

Seems not - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8219879.stm

Theres no mention of Theo when asked about the goalie, seemed to lean towards Rudd.