As much as I would love to see him back, there is no room for sentiment in our position... its best not to, they are never as good 2nd time round

Well if it was agreed, he has no choice methinks....... i would have thought if he where coming back he would have decided already, and would have signed a pre-contract agreement or something.

It''s sentimental guff like this that led to Bryan Gunn being given the managers job. I really don''t see why it means so much to some people to get Hucks back in any capacity. He''s got a knackered hip and, as far as I''m aware, has absolutely no coaching experience. What job are we going to give him?

WTF he will still be able to run round everyone..... its not sentimental getting back an old talented player that shouldn''t have left.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WTF he will still be able to run round everyone..... its not sentimental getting back an old talented player that shouldn''t have left.[/quote]

Will he? I fully expect him to announce his retirement once the US season finishes due to his ongoing hip problem. It doesn''t seem to be much of a secret that he''s really struggling with it. Then what do we do? Find a job for him just because he''s a ''legend''. That''s exactly what I mean by sentimental.

[quote user="ShrewsCanary"]As much as I would love to see him back, there is no room for sentiment in our position... its best not to, they are never as good 2nd time round[/quote]

Mc.Veigh anyone?

Huckerby is and will forever be a club legend, but right now the only thing we''d really need him for is as a squad player. If Lappin keeps up the good work on the left Huckerby will be be a bench guy at best. His experience and leadership however would certainly be welcomed back into the dressing room.

I think Hucks could become the new Gunn, he can start at the bottom, hang around like a bad smell and eventually work his way all the way up to manager

[quote user="olej"]I cant believe that people are still naive enough to think huckerby will save us. He was dwindling when he left and has been hampered with injury this year. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH any more!!!!!

Stop keep posting we want hucks back threads![/quote]Do you watch MLS? probably not so your opinion is based upon nothing isn''t it? To say he was dwindling when he left is also rather misleading, he played in a rubbish team, under a manager who didn''t like him and it was at a higher level. If he''s good enough & cheap enough why not get him back? if he isn''t good enough then we must look else where for inspiration but i really don''t see how without seeing him play regularly for the last couple of years, any of us can say with any certainty.  

http://web.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t110free highlights of all SJE games. hucks looks good enough - remember we are in league 1!