Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Gunn can now enter the real world

After the club have provided him with a living for such a long time now, it''s finally time for Bryan to enter the real world of work and get a proper job, just like the rest of us.

I think you will find Mr Gunn has lived in the real world for a very long time. Do you think the club just gave him cash for wandering around the club meeting and greeting people? He has filled many jobs at Carrow Road and in any contact i have had with him he always appeared very professional. The day he was appointed as Norwich manager he was still entertaining 150 guests at a dinner. How many other would have sent in a substitute having just been appointed manager? 

His charity work raising funds for cancer research and treatment has been remarkable.

Unfortunately a few very narrow minded people on here really have no idea what he has done but prefer to spout childish insults towards a man who has achieved a hell of a lot more in life than they ever will.

Yes he cocked up as manager, but don''t degrade what he hs achieved in life.

[quote user="jbghost"]

I think you will find Mr Gunn has lived in the real world for a very long time. Do you think the club just gave him cash for wandering around the club meeting and greeting people? He has filled many jobs at Carrow Road and in any contact i have had with him he always appeared very professional. The day he was appointed as Norwich manager he was still entertaining 150 guests at a dinner. How many other would have sent in a substitute having just been appointed manager? 

His charity work raising funds for cancer research and treatment has been remarkable.

Unfortunately a few very narrow minded people on here really have no idea what he has done but prefer to spout childish insults towards a man who has achieved a hell of a lot more in life than they ever will.

[/quote]

100% spot on, I whole heartidly agree, jbghost.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]After the club have provided him with a living for such a long time now, it''s finally time for Bryan to enter the real world of work and get a proper job, just like the rest of us.[/quote]

How is it working out at Villa, Andy?

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

totally agree with that and i presume many people on here are not old enough to remember what he has done over the years and for me he will always be a city legend

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]After the club have provided him with a living for such a long time now, it''s finally time for Bryan to enter the real world of work and get a proper job, just like the rest of us.[/quote]

What do you mean "Just like the rest of us?" He works in football so will probably be looking for another job within football. It''s a shame that it didn''t work out as a manager. I don''t think he should have been given the job in the first place but that doesn''t mean I didn''t want him to succeed. Him not succeeding was detrimental to the club and to him so I wouldn''t have wanted him to fail.

He was a dedicated employee of this club and his efforts prior to management will not be tainted by his inability as a manager. For me anyway.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][|-)] Is there any need for this post to have its own thread thread?[/quote]

Agreed but you should have said "Is there any need for this post" full stop.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][|-)] Is there any need for this post to have its own thread thread?[/quote]

Agreed but you should have said "Is there any need for this post" full stop.

[/quote]

Fair point, where''s this damn edit button [;)][:P]

Just how you can call yourself ''CANARY FAN'' is beyond me........crawl back under your stone, and don''t bother to come out ever again.....you really are a limpet to post such utter nonsense on a canary message board in respect of a man who has worked tirelessly not only for NCFC, but the people of Norwich and Norfolk, and many many Cancer sufferers. May God help you (or somebody) when you grow up to become a sensible and deserving member of the community.

[quote user="Bruces Header"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

100% spot on, I whole heartidly agree, jbghost.

[/quote]totally  agree. there are some complete idiots on this mb who should be ashamed. All these jibes at Gunn strike me as coming from people who either have very little in the way of brains or pperhaps people who really should know better. Gunn probably knows more of the real world than many on here. I would imagine he has done more for the community and society than everyone on here too.

What a nice thought out post lets all queue up to kick a man when he is down.

Oh by the way for those in doubt I am being sarcastic.

I didn''t post this to, as someone put it, put down what Gunn has done throughout his career. That was not my intention.

However, the club have given Gunn plenty of work over the years and paid his wages, perhaps because they/and he fept like the club owed him a living.

It appears that the Head of Player Recruitment role was invented purely to give Gunn any job and keep him at the club. Yet when it came to him being manager a lot of people were saying that they were Roeder''s players anyway, so why have Gunn as Head Of Player Recruitment, it was a nothing role.

Now that Gunn''s ties with the club are cut, he can now move on into the world of work and earn a living from somewhere and someone else, because NCFC do not owe him anything. He got what he always wanted, to be Norwich manager, he messed that chance up, good luck Bryan, but I won''t miss you.

The above is my opinion and although many will agree, you can''t call me wrong for saying this because as I''m sure you''re aware, opinions are neither right or wrong.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I didn''t post this to, as someone put it, put down what Gunn has done throughout his career. That was not my intention.

However, the club have given Gunn plenty of work over the years and paid his wages, perhaps because they/and he fept like the club owed him a living.

It appears that the Head of Player Recruitment role was invented purely to give Gunn any job and keep him at the club. Yet when it came to him being manager a lot of people were saying that they were Roeder''s players anyway, so why have Gunn as Head Of Player Recruitment, it was a nothing role.

Now that Gunn''s ties with the club are cut, he can now move on into the world of work and earn a living from somewhere and someone else, because NCFC do not owe him anything. He got what he always wanted, to be Norwich manager, he messed that chance up, good luck Bryan, but I won''t miss you.

The above is my opinion and although many will agree, you can''t call me wrong for saying this because as I''m sure you''re aware, opinions are neither right or wrong.[/quote]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Canaryfan7"]I didn''t post this to, as someone put it, put down what Gunn has done throughout his career. That was not my intention.

The above is my opinion and although many will agree, you can''t call me wrong for saying this because as I''m sure you''re aware, opinions are neither right or wrong.[/quote][/quote]What did you think of Hitlers opinions, Bin ladens opinions etc etc etc of course they can be wrong and you are. Gunny has been a faithfull servent of this club for many years and the fact that he failed as a manager cannot change that.

Gunn has been a faithful servant because we were paying his wages. He wasn''t doing it for free.

I know this is going to make me very unpopular but I have heard that he and his wife get a wage from the charity work they do. Thats by the by though.

Hitler and Bin Laden''s opinions are wrong to us, yes, but right to millions of others. Therefore it''s neither right nor wrong.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I didn''t post this to, as someone put it, put down what Gunn has done throughout his career. That was not my intention. However, the club have given Gunn plenty of work over the years and paid his wages, perhaps because they/and he fept like the club owed him a living. It appears that the Head of Player Recruitment role was invented purely to give Gunn any job and keep him at the club. Yet when it came to him being manager a lot of people were saying that they were Roeder''s players anyway, so why have Gunn as Head Of Player Recruitment, it was a nothing role. Now that Gunn''s ties with the club are cut, he can now move on into the world of work and earn a living from somewhere and someone else, because NCFC do not owe him anything. He got what he always wanted, to be Norwich manager, he messed that chance up, good luck Bryan, but I won''t miss you. The above is my opinion and although many will agree, you can''t call me wrong for saying this because as I''m sure you''re aware, opinions are neither right or wrong.[/quote]

I agree with you ...I for one do not subscribe to the "legend "tag , I think that evryone on here should get less emotional about other peoples .........opinions...........thats what they are and we are all entitled to our own, if we all had the same opinion,,,there would be no need for this message board.

As I see it , its another unneccessary drain gone from the wage bill. That unemotional. Legend ??? Ha !

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I didn''t post this to, as someone put it, put down what Gunn has done throughout his career. That was not my intention. However, the club have given Gunn plenty of work over the years and paid his wages, perhaps because they/and he fept like the club owed him a living. It appears that the Head of Player Recruitment role was invented purely to give Gunn any job and keep him at the club. Yet when it came to him being manager a lot of people were saying that they were Roeder''s players anyway, so why have Gunn as Head Of Player Recruitment, it was a nothing role. Now that Gunn''s ties with the club are cut, he can now move on into the world of work and earn a living from somewhere and someone else, because NCFC do not owe him anything. He got what he always wanted, to be Norwich manager, he messed that chance up, good luck Bryan, but I won''t miss you. The above is my opinion and although many will agree, you can''t call me wrong for saying this because as I''m sure you''re aware, opinions are neither right or wrong.[/quote]

I agree with you ...I for one do not subscribe to the "legend "tag , I think that evryone on here should get less emotional about other peoples .........opinions...........thats what they are and we are all entitled to our own, if we all had the same opinion,,,there would be no need for this message board.

As I see it , its another unneccessary drain gone from the wage bill. That unemotional. Legend ??? Ha !

[/quote]

Care to back up why you dont think Gunns a legend?

For me, he''s not a legend because, well, he played in goal for us several hundred times, great!!!!!! Then he went on to do odd jobs around the club, great!! Then he went on to become one of our very worst managers in the clubs history, great!!!

I don''t pick my legends that easily. Bryan Gunn is certainly not one of them.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Well said.

Look, I''m not doubting Gunn has achieved things. Yes, he has been through a lot in his life (so have other people though, not just him).

Also, the charity work is great, but he and his wife are paid for it.

Get a ''proper'' job? You really are an idiot. And your idea of a club legend is???

Barclay seats - what tag do you subscribe to? You do seem quite worked up about Bryan Gunn for some reason. Is it because he is an NCFC club legend and you are a ******?

[quote user="jbghost"]The day he ran out before kick off towards the Riverend goal the saturday after his daughter died he became a legend to me.[/quote]

This sums it up for me as well jbg.  Well said!  He never was a manager but good on him for giving it his best shot.  I''m not sure who in their right minds would have taken the job on at that point anyway and of course he didn''t appoint himself.