Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Hoolahan

[quote user="kc canary"]If we manage to recoup the money we spent on him, i will be happy to see him leave. i dnt think he adds anything to the team but pressure. every now and then he plays a nice pass, but his pass always comes too late. he never plays the quick ball and he doesnt run forwards confidently enough. he messes around with the ball, loses it, and then we are put under pressure. lappin is a must for our first choice left winger[/quote]

And 250k will evaporate into fresh air. So according to your wonderful idea you would rather we had fresh air then Wes Hoolahan?

Another absolute crazy post.

Hoolahan is an enigma. He clearly has a first touch as good as any Premiership player. He can sell a dummy as well a Peter Beardsley. However his end product level is low and his mistakes often costly.He refuses the easy pass far to often and he is often to slow at moving the ball on when a quick pass is required. At least 50% of his pass last night were high difficulty balls many of them played with the outside of the boot. I lost count of how many of those fail to reach there target and hit a Sunderland player on the shins only to set up a counter attack. We must also remember he was by far the most fouled player on the pitch last night. An indication of ability in my view.He is one of those players, a rare breed who may well be a better player in the Premiership than the lower leagues. It easy to blame players and lets not forget against Colchester he look like the only player who''d ever kick a ball before for us.I have a feeling that it won''t matter because he''ll be away through choice before the end of the window, but if not by choice I think the manager may find he is a luxury that we can''t afford both financially and on the pitch. His game suits being surrounded by like mind intelligent players. Half the time I don''t think our boys are on his wavelength. He is a talented player of that I have no doubt but is he the right player for us now in our current position. I think not. His transfer fee could be used to obtain either a centre half or a desperately need right back or even both. Either of which would probably benefit us more right now than Wes.