Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Hoolahan

If we manage to recoup the money we spent on him, i will be happy to see him leave. i dnt think he adds anything to the team but pressure. every now and then he plays a nice pass, but his pass always comes too late. he never plays the quick ball and he doesnt run forwards confidently enough. he messes around with the ball, loses it, and then we are put under pressure. lappin is a must for our first choice left winger

Your view of the game must be a little obscured. Not only do you rate Otsemobor now you''re saying Hoolahan brings nothing to the table? He is our most inventive player by far.

Are you a binner?

Totally disagree.

I don''t think Hoolahan ever wanted to play on the left really. Just because he has a left foot, doesn''t make him a player who should play on the left. He quite obviously is an attacking central player.

How many times did he lose it?

How about an ultra intelligent idea here. Scenes as we only have one striker who knows where the net is anyway, why not just play Wes behind him?  (I can hear it coming, we must play with 2 strikers... Why?)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]didnt think hoolahoop was bad at all tonight,[/quote]I think he was good.He''s looking to make things happen. With Holt now an option up top it will give him more to pass too.Im not too fussed by a creative midfielder losing a ball. It only takes 1 to score. If he only played easy balls he would resemble Carl "the crab" Robinson!

inventive? he loses posession the whole time, easily knocked off the ball, spins this way and that and ends up going backwards. look at the deliveries lappin put in on saturday. nothing at all from the left tonight. the balls we had coming in from the wings came from the right wen otsemobor came forward.

[quote user="kc canary"]If we manage to recoup the money we spent on him, i will be happy to see him leave. i dnt think he adds anything to the team but pressure. every now and then he plays a nice pass, but his pass always comes too late. he never plays the quick ball and he doesnt run forwards confidently enough. he messes around with the ball, loses it, and then we are put under pressure. lappin is a must for our first choice left winger[/quote]The problem is he''s about as much of a winger as Otsemobor is a defender.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Totally disagree.

I don''t think Hoolahan ever wanted to play on the left really. Just because he has a left foot, doesn''t make him a player who should play on the left. He quite obviously is an attacking central player.

How many times did he lose it?

How about an ultra intelligent idea here. Scenes as we only have one striker who knows where the net is anyway, why not just play Wes behind him?  (I can hear it coming, we must play with 2 strikers... Why?)

[/quote]That idea sounds far too effective for me.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]didnt think hoolahoop was bad at all tonight,[/quote]I think he was good.He''s looking to make things happen. With Holt now an option up top it will give him more to pass too.Im not too fussed by a creative midfielder losing a ball. It only takes 1 to score. If he only played easy balls he would resemble Carl "the crab" Robinson![/quote]Absolutely. If he played "safe" all the time, then people would put him in the Fotheringham/Robinson mold - e.g. what''s the point? Plus, he did not lose the ball that much tonight, and was the only player who could actually get past Sunderland players with skill rather than pace.

He tries to do far too much each time - why try to beat 5 men when a simple ball in the danger zone is far more effective?!? He really is not a winger at all - as far as i''m concerned that shirt is Lappin''s now, and his to lose.

but if he loses the ball and doesnt track back then he puts the team under pressure. fair enough if he isnt a winger, but that is where he is playing and it is causing us problems. i would like to see him start behind a lone striker, but i dont think it wil make too much difference. he wil hav a centre back marking him who is going to giv me no space to work in and he wil be budled off the ball too easily

Hoolahan had energy and determination but he''s such a frustrating player cos he so rarely gets the final ball right. We can''t afford that in this division, we just need someone who can deliver to the strikers

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Hoolahan had energy and determination but he''s such a frustrating player cos he so rarely gets the final ball right. We can''t afford that in this division, we just need someone who can deliver to the strikers[/quote]That''s why he was instrumental in Blackpool''s promotion from this league then? Lappin on the left, Hoolahan playing off Holt/McDonald for me.

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Hoolahan had energy and determination but he''s such a frustrating player cos he so rarely gets the final ball right. We can''t afford that in this division, we just need someone who can deliver to the strikers[/quote]All creaters are frustrating though. Heres a topic from yesteryear saying the same about Hucks...http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/849049/ShowPost.aspx

I praise Hoolahan for trying to find us a new source of finance.

It is a little known fact that Wes has a plan- this plan is to corkscrew himself into the ground through repeated pivotting in order to search for oil as we cannot afford a decent spade, and is using the matches as a warm-up to this.
Hurrah for Wes!

When he''s on the ball and goes backwards remember that he''s pulling the opposition towards him, i don''t think anyone can question his skill, we shouldnt be selling him we need to have a manager that can control the guy and use him effectively.

I hope we''ve got that manager, time will tell... I fear that there is pressure on Lambert to sell and of the saleable players he has right now Hoolahan would go very quick, says it all really.... Will be right p''d off if he goes.

Then again, i thought Ashton was going to become a world beater.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="West Ham Canary"]Hoolahan had energy and determination but he''s such a frustrating player cos he so rarely gets the final ball right. We can''t afford that in this division, we just need someone who can deliver to the strikers[/quote]

That''s why he was instrumental in Blackpool''s promotion from this league then? Lappin on the left, Hoolahan playing off Holt/McDonald for me.
[/quote]

That won''t work because it leaves us too short in midfield. If Hoolahan plays, it has to be behind a single striker with the support coming from left and right wingbacks - the problem there is that we don''t have anyone to play the right side role because Whalley is useless. You cannot say that Hoolahan is our only creative player, especially after tonight. We were as good as Sunderland going forward and had more attempts on goal until Spillane went - the difference was their pace and organisation. Pace is not something Hoolahan brings to the team - in fact, tonight he looked slow in comparison to everyone else. He looked better towards the end of last season because he had Russell and Clingan covering him whereas now he has no-one.

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Because we''re British for Gods sake man. 4-4-2, stick it in the channels and run about a bit. Playing with one up is downright devious and strictly for Johnny Foreigner. Now hoof it to the big man and do not under any circumstances try any of those fancy dan stepovers.

[:|][;)]

Ahem [:$]

On a more serious note I think Hoolahan tucked in behind Holt could work pretty well provided we pick at least one central midfielder who is capable of getting into the box (Adeyemi?) to provide support. Unfortunately you''ll never convince people that this could work as there are specific rules that govern this mysterious new sport we are playing this season called ''League One Football''. Any form of tactical innovation is strictly banned by by Law 2 Paragraph 6 Sub Section 3a of The Laws of League One Football [;)]

Hoolahan is the most over rated player we''ve had. The only place you could play him where he doesn''t destroy the shape of our team is behind the front 1 or 2, unfortunately he''s too slow and greedy to play that role either, simply is not a team player and not good enough to play as an individual, always caught in possession, contributes very little in terms of goals and assists. Sell and spend the money elsewhere (a proper partner for Holt and another RB)

1. He doesn''t cross as well as Lappin and McVeigh

2. He can''t take set pieces as well as Lappin and McVeigh

3. He can''t shoot as well as Lappin and McVeigh

4. He isn''t as good a defender as Lappin and McVeigh

5. He isn''t as versatile as Lappin and McVeigh

6. He can''t kick the ball with both feet like, guess who, Lappin and McVeigh

[quote user="Fellas"]

1. He doesn''t cross as well as Lappin and McVeigh

2. He can''t take set pieces as well as Lappin and McVeigh

3. He can''t shoot as well as Lappin and McVeigh

4. He isn''t as good a defender as Lappin and McVeigh

5. He isn''t as versatile as Lappin and McVeigh

6. He can''t kick the ball with both feet like, guess who, Lappin and McVeigh

[/quote]

...and he isn''t as good in goal as Cody!

[quote user="kc canary"]If we manage to recoup the money we spent on him, i will be happy to see him leave. i dnt think he adds anything to the team but pressure. every now and then he plays a nice pass, but his pass always comes too late. he never plays the quick ball and he doesnt run forwards confidently enough. he messes around with the ball, loses it, and then we are put under pressure. lappin is a must for our first choice left winger[/quote]

I cant believe im reading this!!!Are you for real?? What is wrong with people, hoolahan is a great player and if we lose him we lose a great player from our team, one of our best! He provede this again last night and for me was our MOTM.

The problem as always as iv posted many times, is still or DEFENCE!!! Terrible. Up front we have plenty of options, and a good bench like last night, having cody and martin etc..  

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="West Ham Canary"]Hoolahan had energy and determination but he''s such a frustrating player cos he so rarely gets the final ball right. We can''t afford that in this division, we just need someone who can deliver to the strikers[/quote]That''s why he was instrumental in Blackpool''s promotion from this league then? Lappin on the left, Hoolahan playing off Holt/McDonald for me.[/quote]

thats the way id play him, kinda like gerrard and lampard, i think he could do well there,

[quote user="Irish canary"]

[quote user="kc canary"]If we manage to recoup the money we spent on him, i will be happy to see him leave. i dnt think he adds anything to the team but pressure. every now and then he plays a nice pass, but his pass always comes too late. he never plays the quick ball and he doesnt run forwards confidently enough. he messes around with the ball, loses it, and then we are put under pressure. lappin is a must for our first choice left winger[/quote]

I cant believe im reading this!!!Are you for real?? What is wrong with people, hoolahan is a great player and if we lose him we lose a great player from our team, one of our best! He provede this again last night and for me was our MOTM.

The problem as always as iv posted many times, is still or DEFENCE!!! Terrible. Up front we have plenty of options, and a good bench like last night, having cody and martin etc..  

[/quote]

Dontcha just love football? How can we all watch the same game and have such diverse views about just one player? Me, I''m on the "get rid" side - far too slow and over complicated for me! As far as him being MOTM last night - well, I can only assume you mixed him up with someone else........!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He''s always trying to show off while a simple pass would have been better...........get gone.

[/quote]

Oh and theres me thinking you didnt like Carl Robinson and Fozzy.......

Once again last night, Hoolahan offered absolutely nothing. He''s like one of the so called good footballers in the school or sunday league team who can do all the fancy things, but offers nothing to the team. Football is such a simple game, especially at our level, but he makes it complicated. Some might say the same about Hucks, but he had the directness that Wesley just doesn''t have. The sooner we get rid the better.

Too everybody saying Hoolahan didnt offer anything last night, he SCORED. Thats more then anybody else did, remember goals win you games.