Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

i'm prob too old for a fav player but...

I have to say, Simon Lappin has looked very good so far this season. In all that time when we had a team full of loan players it''s such a shame we had a player like Lappin going to waste. Thank goodness he''s back in the fold now. For a 100k he looks a bargin. Great passing ability and a good little find by Peter Grant.  Lets hope he can help Holty notch up a cool 20 goals this season.

[quote user="The Chirp"]I have to say, Simon Lappin has looked very good so far this season. In all that time when we had a team full of loan players it''s such a shame we had a player like Lappin going to waste. Thank goodness he''s back in the fold now. For a 100k he looks a bargin. Great passing ability and a good little find by Peter Grant.  Lets hope he can help Holty notch up a cool 20 goals this season.[/quote]He has always had his fans - and also his detractors. eghttp://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1620130/ShowPost.aspxThink he cost us quite a bit less than £100k - but the other side of the coin was that as we didn''t have to pay St Mirren much, he was probably offered relatively high wages. Think Roeder resented that. His new contract would almost certainly have been on lower wages. His problem has always been that managers and fans have thought of him as a full back - and comparison did not look good against Bertrand or Drury. But he has always been first a midfielder - and whilst he may lack pace, he has many good attributes. Remember those dreadful corner kicks of Fotheringham? How many points might he have won for Roeder? Yep, he''s back in the fold and I am really pleased - but let''s hope the manager does not rely on him at LB.