Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

No defence for no defence

Having watched the game on TV, it seems to me that there was very little defending going on. I maybe a little unkind, but it is something that has not been addressed since the promotion season.

I''m sure the excuse will be that Sunderland were premier, blah, blah, but it seemed to me that certain defenders did not do the basics, simple defending, and no matter who we play we will be conceding goals, lots of goals.

Going forward, a different kettle of fish, and many causes for optimism there.

If the leaky defence can be cured, anything is possible.

Just my opinion, and sorry if it''s a repeat of other posts, and I know I wasn''t there, but I live away in Kent now, but hope to be at Gillingham at least soon.

[quote user="jelltex"]Having watched the game on TV, it seems to me that there was very little defending going on. I maybe a little unkind, but it is something that has not been addressed since the promotion season.

I''m sure the excuse will be that Sunderland were premier, blah, blah, but it seemed to me that certain defenders did not do the basics, simple defending, and no matter who we play we will be conceding goals, lots of goals.

Going forward, a different kettle of fish, and many causes for optimism there.

If the leaky defence can be cured, anything is possible.

Just my opinion, and sorry if it''s a repeat of other posts, and I know I wasn''t there, but I live away in Kent now, but hope to be at Gillingham at least soon.[/quote]

ostomober doc ostomober doc ostomober doc ostomober doc ostomober doc ostomober doc    same shyt different day!

Hopefully Lambert can sort the defence out and get the midfield thinking defensively when necessary - we looked good going forward last night but everytime we lost possesion you could see another Sunderland goal coming - can anyone think of a recent ex Norwich CH who was with back with us on loan last season who would make a difference again if we could get him back??