Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

canary call midweek

Why does the bbc not put canary call up for mid week games, it takes about 15mins to get to the car and even then the snippets of comedy gold can not be recorded for future reference. The bbc need to pull there finger out or barry needs to save his thoughts for saturdays!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBNwtkq5ok

Why do they seem to primarily play calls from utter country bumpkins who just talk a load of rubbish even though they didn''t go to the game?!?!

Gives Norfolk a bad image - comedy gold mind, as you say.

I don''t know if the rest of you missed it, but the comment about Ben Alnwick''s injury being referred to as " He had a good gash on his face" had me in stitches (Ooops! Bad taste!) I wasn''t aware that there was any other kind! P.S:- Sorry about the stitches Ben

The best call was from the guy who was first on after the Brentford game, at last somebody that actually talks some sense

Best one last night was from a chap called "Lynham" or something similar. Went a bit like this:Lynham: Hello?Neil: Hello Lynham you''re on Canary Call.Lynham: It''s LynhamNeil: I can hear you Lynham, carry on.Lynham: Two words... Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I''m sorry Lynham I didn''t quite catch that.Lynham: Why didn''t he start Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I don''t understand what you''re on about Lynham and I don''t think you do either. *Swiftly cuts line*[:|]

“Hellow Nail hewaryah”

Whilst this show is great entertainment after a decent home win it is cringe worthy after a defeat, where do they drag some of these plonkers up from?

“Atwaz orf soid orn v raydeoo Nail”

Anyway the crux of the matter is Neil or as he is better known Nail should be given a  clear mandate to dispatch some of these lepers immediately.  When it becomes clear they haven’t got a clue about the game, the players or football in general Neil needs to be encouraged to put the phone down and onto the next one

“Whatdya make of it Nail, they need stroikers”

“Thank you and goodbye”

What I don''t understand is that both on here and the official message board there are no end of people who moan about the callers, calling them stupid etc, but none of the moaners on here seem to call up.

No body on here phones because they know that they wont be as entertaining as the usual callers. there was a good lady on saturday, she phoned to say her husband goes to the games and she listens on the radio as she is disabled and it was good that we won. that was it. Lynham was a particularly good one too. He had a good point to be fair, but Lambert wanted to try some other players and give them a rest.

[quote user="PBTC"]Best one last night was from a chap called "Lynham" or something similar. Went a bit like this:Lynham: Hello?Neil: Hello Lynham you''re on Canary Call.Lynham: It''s LynhamNeil: I can hear you Lynham, carry on.Lynham: Two words... Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I''m sorry Lynham I didn''t quite catch that.Lynham: Why didn''t he start Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I don''t understand what you''re on about Lynham and I don''t think you do either. *Swiftly cuts line*[:|][/quote]

Gotta agree that was a fine moment

[quote user="PBTC"]Best one last night was from a chap called "Lynham" or something similar. Went a bit like this:Lynham: Hello?Neil: Hello Lynham you''re on Canary Call.Lynham: It''s LynhamNeil: I can hear you Lynham, carry on.Lynham: Two words... Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I''m sorry Lynham I didn''t quite catch that.Lynham: Why didn''t he start Korey and McVeigh. I mean...Neil: I don''t understand what you''re on about Lynham and I don''t think you do either. *Swiftly cuts line*[:|][/quote]

Brought that up last night, nobody acknowledged it, thought i was the only one who happened to hear it.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1822375/ShowPost.aspxVery odd indeed.[8-)]