Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Maric

Scores in nearly every pre-season friendly he played, signed on one year contract and then basically ignored. Both games under Lambert he''s been totally excluded. Anybody any ideas on why this is? 

I don''t get this either, I also don''t understand Nelson?! This guy played pretty much every game for Hartlepool as captain last season yet hasn''t had a sniff since the 7-1 game, everyone else has been given a second chance

Maybe they are both 5hit in training?! When do reserve matches start? then you''ll see how far down the pecking order they really are!

Id put Maric as 3rd choice behind Cody and McDonald.Id put Martin at 4th. Daley and Renton = jokeDaley showed hes really not up to it tonight :(

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Id put Maric as 3rd choice behind Cody and McDonald.
Id put Martin at 4th.

Daley and Renton = joke
Daley showed hes really not up to it tonight :(
[/quote]

Behind Cody AND McDonald? Would that make him your first and second choice? Where would you put Holt?

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

Id put Martin at 4th.

Daley and Renton = joke
[/quote]

Behind Cody AND McDonald? Would that make him your first and second choice? Where would you put Holt?

[/quote]

his third choice is Grant and Holt I think!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Id put Maric as 3rd choice behind Cody and McDonald.Id put Martin at 4th. Daley and Renton = jokeDaley showed hes really not up to it tonight :([/quote]If only we had two Cody McDonalds eh? [;)] I know what you meant though - Holt very impressive again tonight.

Agree about Daley, don''t think he did anything to warrant seeing him even on the bench for a while yet.

I have this fear Dejan, Maric and Hoolahan, will all be departing soon.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Id put Maric as 3rd choice behind Cody and McDonald.
Id put Martin at 4th.

Daley and Renton = joke
[/quote]

If only we had two Cody McDonalds eh? [;)] I know what you meant though - Holt very impressive again tonight.
[/quote]

We could have one in goal and one up front!!

Perhaps he is going to be the next David Strihavka? Why do we have such a poor record when it comes to signing foreign players? So many teams have great success getting cheap European players yet we sign the derveld, de waarde, segura, strihavka & maric''s of the world!!Other than needergard & Ancelin i can''t think of a decent foreign player we''ve had in the last 20 years. Perhaps Safri as well but thats it.

Id put Martin at 4th.

Daley and Renton = joke
[/quote]

Daley = joke = stupid comment

He''s a 19yr old in his 1st start for the club against premier league opposition and taking all that into account, I thought he looked quite lively particularly early on.

What were you expecting him to do?

PS Have you even seen Maric play?

"Daley = joke = stupid comment

He''s a 19yr old in his 1st start for the club against premier league opposition and taking all that into account, I thought he looked quite lively particularly early on.

What were you expecting him to do?"

Totally agree, Clint. People need to remember that this is his first professional start (I think) - against Premier opposition to boot. I admit i did not catch the game tonight, but from the Pink''un live commentary it sounds as though he did OK. He may benefit from a spell out on loan, or some more first team action, however.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Perhaps he is going to be the next David Strihavka? Why do we have such a poor record when it comes to signing foreign players? So many teams have great success getting cheap European players yet we sign the derveld, de waarde, segura, strihavka & maric''s of the world!!Other than needergard & Ancelin i can''t think of a decent foreign player we''ve had in the last 20 years. Perhaps Safri as well but thats it. [/quote]Yeah Maric is a terrible player. Not a goal so far this season, he''s not playing well at all.

[quote user="Clint"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Id put Maric as 3rd choice behind Cody and McDonald.Id put Martin at 4th. Daley and Renton = jokeDaley showed hes really not up to it tonight :([/quote]

[/quote]Nope but ive seen Daley play and I wasnt wow''d.Hes 19... so what ? Thats old ....look at Smith and AdeyemiTo be honest I doubt he will feature and he was probably up for a little bit of " Hey League 2 and BSP, need a striker ???" rather than actually in the team for any competative reason.Couple of the times he was about i couldnt help think Martin and McDonald or even Jamie Lad could have done better.I love how fickle people are.Play Adeyemi  etc etc etc they are profesionals.... Oh but Daley is only young hes not ready..Funny stuffAnd i think your PS is well said.no i havent seen Maric play... but it would be nice wouldnt it !!!!

It''s not fair at all for people to be saying Daley was awful tonight... unlike Adeyemi and Smith who have been knocking on the first team door for a while know, this is Daley''s first real opportunity and personally he did ok for a kid with such inexperience. He looked eager and so unafraid to run at Premiership defenders.

He may have been put in the loan shop window this evening... maybe a few regular matches and some goals at league 2 level can sharpen him up and give him a bit more strength like Martin and Spillane have.

It makes you wonder what all the hush hush business concerning Maric''s signing was all about.Hopefully Lambert will give him 30 minutes or so next game.

It would appear a few people still think we are in the Championship and that our squad, including the young lads, should be of a quality to immediately mix it with premiership players.  I think there are still a few around who need a wake up call to the fact we are in  league one perhaps.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Clint"]

Id put Martin at 4th.

Daley and Renton = joke
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some players develop later than others.

Nope but ive seen Daley play and I wasnt wow''d.
Hes 19... so what ? Thats old ....look at Smith and Adeyemi

To be honest I doubt he will feature and he was probably up for a little bit of " Hey League 2 and BSP, need a striker ???" rather than actually in the team for any competative reason.
Couple of the times he was about i couldnt help think Martin and McDonald or even Jamie Lad could have done better.

I love how fickle people are.

Play Adeyemi  etc etc etc they are profesionals....
Oh but Daley is only young hes not ready..

Funny stuff

And i think your PS is well said.
no i havent seen Maric play... but it would be nice wouldnt it !!!!

[/quote]

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

I don''t get this either, I also don''t understand Nelson?! This guy played pretty much every game for Hartlepool as captain last season yet hasn''t had a sniff since the 7-1 game, everyone else has been given a second chance

Maybe they are both 5hit in training?! When do reserve matches start? then you''ll see how far down the pecking order they really are!

[/quote]

Theos second chance?

Everyone could see just how awful Nelson was - he should not play again unless we have injuries.

Maric is an odd one?  Some attitude on switching from reserve Spanish to reserve league one football?? 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Perhaps he is going to be the next David Strihavka? Why do we have such a poor record when it comes to signing foreign players? So many teams have great success getting cheap European players yet we sign the derveld, de waarde, segura, strihavka & maric''s of the world!!Other than needergard & Ancelin i can''t think of a decent foreign player we''ve had in the last 20 years. Perhaps Safri as well but thats it. [/quote]Yeah Maric is a terrible player. Not a goal so far this season, he''s not playing well at all.[/quote]Perhaps he is going to be the next David Strihavka......

[quote user="Clint"]

Daley

[/quote]

I thought he looked lively in the first half. He needs to be built up to last 90 mins. Before last night he had only been on for three short appearances for the first team 

I''d be very surprised if Nelson didn''t get some kind of action against Hartlepool on Saturday and possibly on Tuesday too in the JPT. Ditto for Maric. By then I think LAmbert will have played most if not all of the available squad. 

[quote user="ACE"]It would appear a few people still think we are in the Championship and that our squad, including the young lads, should be of a quality to immediately mix it with premiership players.  I think there are still a few around who need a wake up call to the fact we are in  league one perhaps.
[/quote]

Thanks ACE, another sensible post.