Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

YOUR man of match?

Actually, all kidding aside, Lappin. Put himself about and put in some good balls... again. Welcome back Simon after the Rodent''s errors.

Lappin. Have always thought he was capable of being a class act and now he and his ''cultured'' left foot are producing.

Nothing but respect for the guy after the mis-treatment and humiliation he suffered at the hands of Roeder.

Ou Est Anselin: For Hartlepool how about playing Lappin on the left wing with Hoolahan playing off Holt? If Drury is back that is.

One word. Yes
I''d go with that - though not sure Hoolahan will feature. It''s along way to travel after all.Sincerely hope that Spillane''s red does not mean Lappin will have an extended role at left back. His troubles began when he first played there when Drury was injured - (despite putting in a fantastic performance against Ipswich at Roeder''s first home game). He has shown what he can do from the midfield in this Division - make goal chances so I hope Lambert does not make the same mistakes as Grant, Roeder and Gunn and see him as some kind of reserve full back. Lack of pace or not.Must say it''s good to see so many positive posts about the lad. Not before time - thank you Mr Lambert - or should that be Ian Crook?

Lappin, if performs like he did today he is going to get a lot of assists this season. Holt would be my 2nd choice.

I''d go for Holt as man of the match. Lappin was out of position many times, where was he when Sunderland scored their first?I think Lappin is a good player, but not as left back.And, Otsemobor in right midfield could be a good idea. He is quick, and he can cross the ball better than Croft did...