Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Why water the pitch before the game and again at half time.

Last night we saw several Norwich players slip over, Docherty giving away a goal, Holt slipped over Tudor Jones slipped over and several others and made me wonder why water the pitch just before the game and then again at half time. If it is necessary to water the pitch then perhaps someone should advise the players on which studs to wear.

Watering the pitch, particularly a good one, generally favours the more skillful team.

Evidently somebody thought that would be Norwich.

No wonder we''re in such deep trouble.

OTBC

Good observations from Ridgeman and explaination from Bly. I noticed it too[8-|]

Cause and consequences....

Holt slips over... Cause: The pitch? ... Consequence: Comfortable possession for a Sunderland defender.

Doc slips over... Cause: The pitch? ... Consequence: We concede the first goal and Doc is once again the worst defender ever to play for Norwich.

I always notice this, it''s meant to make the passing more slick, right?I think they water it excessively.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Last night we saw several Norwich players slip over, Docherty giving away a goal, Holt slipped over Tudor Jones slipped over and several others and made me wonder why water the pitch just before the game and then again at half time. If it is necessary to water the pitch then perhaps someone should advise the players on which studs to wear.[/quote]

What''s New? [:P]