Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Otsemobor

It seems tehre is a mix of opinion on here, and I think that the more i hear on here, the 4-5-1 (if used properly) would suit Norwich very well.

Hughes and Smith in Midfield, with Hoolhan in the hole (his better position) behind Holt. Martin and McVeigh on the wings with some licnece to get in the box when the attack is on the opposite flank. Big Maric in for Holt if he gets injured.

If/when the full backs, Lappin and Otsemobor, fly down the wing, the more defensive midfielder Smith/Hughes can fall back in to cover them. Incidently, would people prefer to see Lappin or Drury at Left Back?

I have gone on about this in the past, and I think it would have worked well last night to try and get numbers in teh midfield against good sides. Hoolahan may get more goals than Cureton :)

Against lesser opposition, I would perhaps go back to 4-4-2 and put on McDonald orDaley (thought he was lively last night, but lacked strength) to try and get our goal difference up :)

[quote user="CanaryColt"]

I was at the game last night, and have re-watched it on Sky twice this morning, Goals number 2 and 3 are on Whaley not Otsemobor, if anyone at all specifically.

2nd. Whaley has the ball and Otsemobor overlaps into a gaping space left open by the Sunderland midfield. (if he hadn''t have got forward we would have been complaining, and any good Full Back would have done the same, a Bosingwa, Cole, Lahm would all have made the same run) for some reason, Whaley cuts in across the midfield and doesnt pass to Otsemobor in space, or once he runs out of opportunities in the midfield, instead of playin it back across to Lapping who is open at Left Back, he tries an outside of the foot pass through 3 players to Adeyemi, at this point Otsemobor had pushed forward, and Whaley has been draw across. If you are being picky about it the centre backs should have drifted to the right to cover for this, and he Left Back tuck in and Left Mid take the Left Backs man. Sunderland break quickly and Reid is left unmarked because Otsemobor has made that run upfield and Whaley nor the Defence have covered. Our main problem yesterday was lack of shape and organisation throughout the team, and in my view this stems from Hoolahan, but thats for a different time.

3rd goal, the fans are screaming at the lies of Hoolahan, Holt, Adeyemi and Daley to close down Sunderland in the corner by the snake pit. We win the ball back and then i think Adeyemi got tackled straight after. By the over pursuit we have 4 players out of position and Lappin had pushed forward to close this space down. To allow for this, and rightfully so, the two Centre Backs and Otsemobor have shifted across, much like what should have happened for the 2nd Goal, but Whaley, again, lets Reid run past him down the Sunderland left to join the attack, at this point Whaley should have been covering more towards the Right Back position as our defence had drifted to the left to cover for the pushing up of Lappin and Hoolahan. Reid was of course open for the square ball after Otsemobor had been forced to track the inside run of Campbell, Otsemobor sent him wide well and rightfully positioned himself in between the goal and the ball. Campbell played a wonderful pass to Reid across the box. the only complaint you could have about Otsemobor is not stopping that pass, but to be fair he was more worried about Campbell shooting from there and rightfully so, even the Sky commentators say that Campbell was very unselfish not to have a go himself.

The good news is in League One i doubt both of those goals go in, 2nd being a wonderful finish by Reid and the 3rd being a sweeping break and i cant see many League One strikers having the presence of mind to square the ball to Reid, who i''d question would even be there if it was League One.

Otsemobor played well last night, but again i know he has played terrible before, just having a go at him for last nights performance is a tad harsh, there were poorer players out there last night, hopefully this is a continued improvement from him as i beleive he has the potential <<Keyword<< to be a good player. I hope Lambert can maximise the ability in him.

[/quote]

Good lord!! At last someone who actually watched the game and knows something about football!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I''m sick of banging my head against a brick wall for the benefit of those who either know nothing about football or choose to be blinkered just because they don''t like John Otsemobor.  It''s sooooo bloody ridiculous it''s like trying t teach 3 year old''s physics.  Just because a goal is scored down our right side DOES NOT mean it is the right backs fault.

If Semi was lying in a heap in the opponents half with a broken leg after a dirty tackle it would be his fault if the opposition scored.  Pathetic.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CanaryColt"]

I was at the game last night, and have re-watched it on Sky twice this morning, Goals number 2 and 3 are on Whaley not Otsemobor, if anyone at all specifically.

2nd. Whaley has the ball and Otsemobor overlaps into a gaping space left open by the Sunderland midfield. (if he hadn''t have got forward we would have been complaining, and any good Full Back would have done the same, a Bosingwa, Cole, Lahm would all have made the same run) for some reason, Whaley cuts in across the midfield and doesnt pass to Otsemobor in space, or once he runs out of opportunities in the midfield, instead of playin it back across to Lapping who is open at Left Back, he tries an outside of the foot pass through 3 players to Adeyemi, at this point Otsemobor had pushed forward, and Whaley has been draw across. If you are being picky about it the centre backs should have drifted to the right to cover for this, and he Left Back tuck in and Left Mid take the Left Backs man. Sunderland break quickly and Reid is left unmarked because Otsemobor has made that run upfield and Whaley nor the Defence have covered. Our main problem yesterday was lack of shape and organisation throughout the team, and in my view this stems from Hoolahan, but thats for a different time.

3rd goal, the fans are screaming at the lies of Hoolahan, Holt, Adeyemi and Daley to close down Sunderland in the corner by the snake pit. We win the ball back and then i think Adeyemi got tackled straight after. By the over pursuit we have 4 players out of position and Lappin had pushed forward to close this space down. To allow for this, and rightfully so, the two Centre Backs and Otsemobor have shifted across, much like what should have happened for the 2nd Goal, but Whaley, again, lets Reid run past him down the Sunderland left to join the attack, at this point Whaley should have been covering more towards the Right Back position as our defence had drifted to the left to cover for the pushing up of Lappin and Hoolahan. Reid was of course open for the square ball after Otsemobor had been forced to track the inside run of Campbell, Otsemobor sent him wide well and rightfully positioned himself in between the goal and the ball. Campbell played a wonderful pass to Reid across the box. the only complaint you could have about Otsemobor is not stopping that pass, but to be fair he was more worried about Campbell shooting from there and rightfully so, even the Sky commentators say that Campbell was very unselfish not to have a go himself.

The good news is in League One i doubt both of those goals go in, 2nd being a wonderful finish by Reid and the 3rd being a sweeping break and i cant see many League One strikers having the presence of mind to square the ball to Reid, who i''d question would even be there if it was League One.

Otsemobor played well last night, but again i know he has played terrible before, just having a go at him for last nights performance is a tad harsh, there were poorer players out there last night, hopefully this is a continued improvement from him as i beleive he has the potential <<Keyword<< to be a good player. I hope Lambert can maximise the ability in him.

[/quote]

Good lord!! At last someone who actually watched the game and knows something about football!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I''m sick of banging my head against a brick wall for the benefit of those who either know nothing about football or choose to be blinkered just because they don''t like John Otsemobor.  It''s sooooo bloody ridiculous it''s like trying t teach 3 year old''s physics.  Just because a goal is scored down our right side DOES NOT mean it is the right backs fault.

If Semi was lying in a heap in the opponents half with a broken leg after a dirty tackle it would be his fault if the opposition scored.  Pathetic.

[/quote]

Dear boy, just because people disagree with you, does not mean that they know nothing about football and you know all there is.  This is a forum for debate - and this is an interesting one. 

It is very easy to turn your justification on its head and argue that you are only defending him because you are overly positive, and therefore blind to his shortcomings. 

You''re right - just because a goal is scored down the right, does not automatically make it his fault.  But, and here''s the rub: on at least one occasion he was too central and that is not his job when the ball is on the right.  It''s the first thing you learn as a right full back - when the ball''s on the left of  the pitch you move across, so that you and the right-sided centre back are covering the middle, the left-sided CB is on the left and the left back is pressing the ball.  When the ball is on the right the situation is reversed - he should move to the ball and press, while the rest of the back four adjust.  Granted he was left down by others, but primarily he did not do his job. 

Everybody quite rightly argues that he is quick - the errors were to awarness not agility.

If you disagree, fair enough, just don''t take it as a sleight on your character.

I''m usually the first to slate Otsemobor, but last night I think as much of the blame for the two Reid goals should be placed on Whaley. Otsemobor had made the overlap and instead of playing the simple ball out wide, Whaley decided to take it in field and play some poor passes leaving Otsemobor out of position. I dont think its any coincedence that Otsemobor had a better game because he had Mcveight infront of him. I may be slated for this and its only my opinion,

He is still the poorest right-back i have ever seen at this club and unless the Doc improves his form our defence will always struggle to keep clean sheets .

Look whether you lot think Ossie is crap or not doesnt hide the fact that our defence is very poor. If a team as bad as Wycombe can score twice then it is obvious that we have a problem there. I sat right in front of ossie last night and his defensive game was poor in the first half. Whalley also had a bad game, which just made it worse.

If we had brought on mcveigh it might have given ossie a bit more cover but that is not sure, this was a premier team not a league 1 team.

It''s all about opinions but one thing is a fact ...our defence is rubbish and needs sorting out...........

Whether It Was Otsemobor Or Whaley Who Was Supposed To Be Marking Sunderland''s No 20, They Did An Apauling Job. He Was Left To Run Anywhere He Wanted Unmarked, Could Have Gone Off For A Toilet Break And Come Back On And Both Of Them Wouldn''t Have Noticed That He Had Gone!!

I can''t deny that Semi is the worst right-back i''ve ever seen at Norwich, and, as i''ve previously stated, i think he should be melted down for glue or used as dog food....

...but slating his performance on Monday is a bit harsh. He had a pretty good game really, by his usual standards.

The second goal certainly looked his fault on the inital viewing, but Whaley ignored his run forward. He was never going to get back in time after that.

Giving the lad stick even when he plays well isn''t particularly constructive now, is it?