Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Otsemobor

I think he has looked much, much better since lambert has taken over. The past two games i think he has given a very good account of himself. He looks more confident and gets forward more consistently than he used to and he has become stronger defensively. i cant understand people slaggin him off saying he shouldnt be playing

Where was he for the two Reid goals??? He has so much space it hurt.

I wasn''t at the match so i can''t comment for sure but he was nowhere to be seen for both those goals from what i saw on sky.

I am sorry, but what game were you watching?  He is a right BACK - his primary job is to defend, something he is incapable of doing.  At fault for at least two of the goals - out of position and not tracking back.  Get rid now.

You must be joking. Were you watching the same game tonight? Two goals from down his side and totally turned off in the 2nd half. He is a liability.

[quote user="kc canary"]I think he has looked much, much better since lambert has taken over. The past two games i think he has given a very good account of himself. He looks more confident and gets forward more consistently than he used to and he has become stronger defensively. i cant understand people slaggin him off saying he shouldnt be playing[/quote]Did you not notice him caught totally out of position for Sunderland''s second and third? I can''t understand why he tucks in to the centre backs - he might as well put a big sign on his head saying "Kick it over here".

He is a waste of space. At fault numerous times again tonight. The most infuriating player I have ever had to endure playing in the yellow and green - he has so much potential but a terrible attitude. Some days he turns up wanting it and puts in a good performance, others he simply cannot be bothered. The epitome of the modern day footballer.

If he never plays for NCFC ever again then I think it would be a good thing for the future of the club.

Why is he getting so much stick about tonight?

Any idiot can see he was overlapping when Whaley ignored him and lost possession, leaving him in no man''s land for the second goal.

I think he''s been okay since Lambert took over.

I mentioned this earlier, the second goal I place the blame more on Whaley. We were in possession, Whaley had the ball and there was space on the right wing, and Semmy did what we have been yelling at him to do, and get forward, which he then did. Whaley decided to cut inside to the centre circle, dwell on the ball, give it straight to a Sunderland player and starts the goal scoring move.

This however doesn''t take away from the fact Otsemobor was nowhere to be seen at other times in the game though...

He had to push over to help Spillane with the two strikers as Doc was on his A*SE... It is then Whaley who should be on Reid, no blame for Otsemobor.. Think he looks a more confident player now.. STILL, has to be confident in his pace, go past opposition players! Knock it and run man! YOU WILL GET THERE!!!

To be fair, I think Whaley could have tracked back and helped him out a lot - semmi was trying to cover the centre backs and mark a man at the same time.

thank you. people who are saying that he was out of position clearly have a grudge against him. we were attacking, he is a full back, he should be going forward. whaley lost the ball because stupidly he did not use otsemobor. sunderland wer very quick on the counter and there was no chance for recovery.

Like i said it was only from highlights i saw on Sky so i couldn''t comment fully.

I actually though Semmy was good at the weekend and hoped he''d kick on from that.

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

Any idiot can see he was overlapping when Whaley ignored him and lost possession, leaving him in no man''s land for the second goal.

I think he''s been okay since Lambert took over

[/quote]Must have watched a different game to me. Whaley was equally to blame, but the pair of them were positionally so wrong today that Sunderland''s left wing must have thought they had lost their way and found themselves on a training pitch.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

[/quote]

Must have watched a different game to me. Whaley was equally to blame, but the pair of them were positionally so wrong today that Sunderland''s left wing must have thought they had lost their way and found themselves on a training pitch.
[/quote]

If he hadn''t come forward at that point to overlap, we would all have screamed at him for not doing so.

He did, we lost possession. Not his fault.

Going forward he wasn''t bad but yeah his positional sense was completely absent as ever. He did get a good few nice challenges in though. Overall he looks a lot better than he has done before. Admittedly that''s not hard.

Agree that Semi/McVeigh is the right combo. Semi is a much better player than he is given credit for BUT HE NEEDS A SOLID MAN AHEAD OF HIM. Give him that and he will do the terrorisingjob at this levle he has done before. Leave him exposed and he will struggle.

ie...last Sat he was superb- with WLY ahead but exposed with Waley

I know this sounds daft, but I was quite impressed with us tonight. We passed the ball quicker and with a bit of luck could/should have had a couple more goals.

But Dear old Semmi ....his prime role in the team is right back and yes Whaley did him no favours, but I thought we were trying to play without a right back for most of the game. His positional play is atrocious and despite his great pace this doesn''t seem to get him out of trouble.

We were 2 versus 4 for one of the goals Semmi was nowhere, there is no doubt he is a weak link. But is he the only one has "The Doc" gone?  His continual fouling seems to be a result of no longer being able to compete at this level. Lets give the guy some credit he hasn''t been as bad as some would have over the last few years, winning a "Player of the Year" is testament to that but even Neil Adams on "Canary Call" last night was not defending Doherty as he has done in the past.

I think it was a very strange game, before the sending-off Sky put up Norwich 10 shots Sunderland 8 shots couple that with the fact our team was very young so all in all I thought defence (Lappin excluded who had a very good game) apart it was a decent effort.

Plus Paul Lambert would have learnt a lot from this game.

[quote user="olej"]he was out of position when they had the ball, he kept drifting inside leaving reid in acres of space[/quote]

No, he didn''t.

[quote user="Lambo"]Where was he for the two Reid goals??? He has so much space it hurt. I wasn''t at the match so i can''t comment for sure but he was nowhere to be seen for both those goals from what i saw on sky.[/quote]

Then rewind and watch again. Both Whaleys fault.

[quote user="suffolk canary"]I am sorry, but what game were you watching?  He is a right BACK - his primary job is to defend, something he is incapable of doing.  At fault for at least two of the goals - out of position and not tracking back.  Get rid now.[/quote]

Suggest you watch again too. 3rd goal he was in fact in the penalty area covering Carlos Spencer due to the lack of centre halves.

[quote user="Dean Coney''s Arse"You must be joking. Were you watching the same game tonight? Two goals from down his side and totally turned off in the 2nd half. He is a liability.quote]

Where you watching?  I think not.  Watch again.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="kc canary"]I think he has looked much, much better since lambert has taken over. The past two games i think he has given a very good account of himself. He looks more confident and gets forward more consistently than he used to and he has become stronger defensively. i cant understand people slaggin him off saying he shouldnt be playing[/quote]

Did you not notice him caught totally out of position for Sunderland''s second and third? I can''t understand why he tucks in to the centre backs - he might as well put a big sign on his head saying "Kick it over here".
[/quote]

No I didn''t, and neither did you.  Watch again.

I was at the game last night, and have re-watched it on Sky twice this morning, Goals number 2 and 3 are on Whaley not Otsemobor, if anyone at all specifically.

2nd. Whaley has the ball and Otsemobor overlaps into a gaping space left open by the Sunderland midfield. (if he hadn''t have got forward we would have been complaining, and any good Full Back would have done the same, a Bosingwa, Cole, Lahm would all have made the same run) for some reason, Whaley cuts in across the midfield and doesnt pass to Otsemobor in space, or once he runs out of opportunities in the midfield, instead of playin it back across to Lapping who is open at Left Back, he tries an outside of the foot pass through 3 players to Adeyemi, at this point Otsemobor had pushed forward, and Whaley has been draw across. If you are being picky about it the centre backs should have drifted to the right to cover for this, and he Left Back tuck in and Left Mid take the Left Backs man. Sunderland break quickly and Reid is left unmarked because Otsemobor has made that run upfield and Whaley nor the Defence have covered. Our main problem yesterday was lack of shape and organisation throughout the team, and in my view this stems from Hoolahan, but thats for a different time.

3rd goal, the fans are screaming at the lies of Hoolahan, Holt, Adeyemi and Daley to close down Sunderland in the corner by the snake pit. We win the ball back and then i think Adeyemi got tackled straight after. By the over pursuit we have 4 players out of position and Lappin had pushed forward to close this space down. To allow for this, and rightfully so, the two Centre Backs and Otsemobor have shifted across, much like what should have happened for the 2nd Goal, but Whaley, again, lets Reid run past him down the Sunderland left to join the attack, at this point Whaley should have been covering more towards the Right Back position as our defence had drifted to the left to cover for the pushing up of Lappin and Hoolahan. Reid was of course open for the square ball after Otsemobor had been forced to track the inside run of Campbell, Otsemobor sent him wide well and rightfully positioned himself in between the goal and the ball. Campbell played a wonderful pass to Reid across the box. the only complaint you could have about Otsemobor is not stopping that pass, but to be fair he was more worried about Campbell shooting from there and rightfully so, even the Sky commentators say that Campbell was very unselfish not to have a go himself.

The good news is in League One i doubt both of those goals go in, 2nd being a wonderful finish by Reid and the 3rd being a sweeping break and i cant see many League One strikers having the presence of mind to square the ball to Reid, who i''d question would even be there if it was League One.

Otsemobor played well last night, but again i know he has played terrible before, just having a go at him for last nights performance is a tad harsh, there were poorer players out there last night, hopefully this is a continued improvement from him as i beleive he has the potential <<Keyword<< to be a good player. I hope Lambert can maximise the ability in him.

I think Otsemabor thinks he''s a winger. He left the right hand side so exposed that at one point in time, Lappin (the LEFT back) had to come over to the right to cover for him. Absolutely rubbish is the true verdict. I was watching the game in HD with a load of my friends in London, who dont support Norwich, and they were saying how bad our right back was positional-wise.

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"][quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

[/quote]

Must have watched a different game to me. Whaley was equally to blame, but the pair of them were positionally so wrong today that Sunderland''s left wing must have thought they had lost their way and found themselves on a training pitch.
[/quote]

If he hadn''t come forward at that point to overlap, we would all have screamed at him for not doing so.

He did, we lost possession. Not his fault.

[/quote]

Far from it, against a Premiership opposition he should be selective in his forward runs.

Besides, this one incident aside, there were a number of times where he was badly out of position. This is not unusual for Semi. Sadly, it''s a trait of his and why he needs replacing pronto.