Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Slating the Doc- SHUT UP.

For gods sake. Seriously he has a couple of good games, scores the winner. Everyone will want him back in the team, it''s absolutely ridiculous, same goes for Wes Hoolahan, OJT, Gill, Nelson, Theo and any other new players that have received the brunt of this Forums anger.

He''s had a couple of bad games, but last season coming 2nd in the player of the season means that the vast majority of the fans didn''t think he was a bad footballer. He hasn''t become a terrible footballer, he is looking a bit out of shape and has had a couple of bad games. But if Holt had a couple of shockers, would he get slated? No probably not, but if it was Jamie he would get slated. Some of the posters just want out players to fail, they want someone to have a moan at, because surprisingly for a League One team our board have actually spent some money, the same can''t be said for other clubs in this league. So you can''t really moan at the board on this season performance, because they got rid of Gunny and brought in a manager who the majority agree with. Norwich City fans always love to have a good moan about something.

We were outclassed by a quality outfit. Slipping isn''t exactly a horrendous mistake, specially as Lappin should probably have been tracking Jones out that wide. I wouldn''t fancy my chances marking Campbell and Jones who regularly score against much better defences. Spillane got sent off for a petulant foul, completely unnecessary, and it certainly was a foul. Yet he doesn''t get slated?

You need to get some continuity before slating certain players, and singing the praises of others.

I realise this post won''t be the most popular, but it''s also to the point.

Oh he''s got cotinuity alright, he is continually poor [:)]

I think you need to lighten up, and accept some fans don''t rate him, you might think the sun shines out his backside but others don''t.

He is NOT the messiah, he''s a very naughty boy [:)]

I must admit I did sigh when I read the title - I don''t think it''s an appropriate title as it''s more to do with double standards in terms of how fans react to players'' mistakes and I fully agree with your post. It''s been going on for years probably at every club, it''s not fair and I don''t like it but I guess you''ll never stop it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh he''s got cotinuity alright, he is continually poor [:)][/quote]

[|-)]

Point missed. Completely.

[/quote]

Whooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh completely

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I think you need to lighten up, and accept some fans don''t rate him, you might think the sun shines out his backside but others don''t.

[/quote]LOL i''ve got 2 weeks off now and after reading that i''ve decided i''m going to sit and watch that film this afternoon,

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]LOL i''ve got 2 weeks off now and after reading that i''ve decided i''m going to sit and watch that film this afternoon,[/quote]

lol it is a cracking film, must have seen it hundreds of times and still I laugh all the way through it [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]LOL i''ve got 2 weeks off now and after reading that i''ve decided i''m going to sit and watch that film this afternoon,[/quote]

lol it is a cracking film, must have seen it hundreds of times and still I laugh all the way through it [:)]

[/quote]

Is there any women here today?[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote][Y]  we''ve got lumps of it round the back........were all the same  "im not" lmfao...absolute classic film

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]the funniest thing about that is...men dressed as woman ,dressed as men...so so funny...great film [Y]...ill have a big pointy one and a bag of gravel..lol

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Shut up big nose!

[/quote]

[/quote]

NO,no,no no lol

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shut up big nose!
[/quote]

Who you calling big nose, conk face [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Bouncebackability Suck my nuts, you absolute c***. It''s my opinion, if you''re only going to leave something like that then F*** OFF[/quote]oh dear...get out of the wrong side of bed today [8-)][/quote]

PMT maybe lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Shut up big nose![/quote]

[/quote]Where are you from, Nose City? [:)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shut up big nose!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where are you from, Nose City? [:)]
[/quote]

One more time, mate; I''ll take you to the f''in'' cleaners! lmfao

How can you say I know nothing? Everything I said was valid? Wether you believe it or not, or have a different opinion doesn''t bother me. But why try and cut it down straight away? I''d like to know your opinion on the matter instead of just saying mine is wrong? If you have a better one? or a right one? I''d sure be interested to hear it?

And that is saying something.

Lee Croft gave 100%

Lee Croft ran up the wing

Lee Croft cross end with no product

Simple really 

Sammy Clingan should have got it!

"And that is saying something.

Lee Croft gave 100%

Lee Croft ran up the wing

Lee Croft cross end with no product

Simple really

Sammy Clingan should have got it!"

AGREED. Clingan should have got it.

I can''t get to CR very often, because of distance, but I have been to nearby away games, so I give my opinion of Doc.I feel that he does make useful blocks, and occasional clearing headers (though he was never as good as Shax on this.) My problems with him are firstly the body wrestling, and the tendency to give away fouls around the penalty box. Secondly his wandering out of position, which has had a poor effect on CB partners, has worried me. I used to think that he was too slow, (but is he really any slower than Malky was when he was here?), but I think that he loses concentration.In any event, I have to admit to having my heart in my month every time he approaches an opposing striker, whether to head or tackle. I just see another penalty or free kick coming.

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Bouncebackability"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]For gods sake. Seriously he has a couple of good games, scores the winner. Everyone will want him back in the team, it''s absolutely ridiculous, same goes for Wes Hoolahan, OJT, Gill, Nelson, Theo and any other new players that have received the brunt of this Forums anger. He''s had a couple of bad games, but last season coming 2nd in the player of the season means that the vast majority of the fans didn''t think he was a bad footballer. He hasn''t become a terrible footballer, he is looking a bit out of shape and has had a couple of bad games. But if Holt had a couple of shockers, would he get slated? No probably not, but if it was Jamie he would get slated. Some of the posters just want out players to fail, they want someone to have a moan at, because surprisingly for a League One team our board have actually spent some money, the same can''t be said for other clubs in this league. So you can''t really moan at the board on this season performance, because they got rid of Gunny and brought in a manager who the majority agree with. Norwich City fans always love to have a good moan about something. We were outclassed by a quality outfit. Slipping isn''t exactly a horrendous mistake, specially as Lappin should probably have been tracking Jones out that wide. I wouldn''t fancy my chances marking Campbell and Jones who regularly score against much better defences. Spillane got sent off for a petulant foul, completely unnecessary, and it certainly was a foul. Yet he doesn''t get slated? You need to get some continuity before slating certain players, and singing the praises of others. I realise this post won''t be the most popular, but it''s also to the point.[/quote]

Fuck off prick!

[/quote]

He''s got a point Doherty came second in player of the year and its his view of it.

[/quote]

But look how many times the bloke costs us games with poor decisions and needless fouls! I was amazed last season against Forest at home, he out paced and out thought Nathan Tyson, so credit to the bloke! But it doesn''t happen often enough!

You said yourself VML that this is your opinion... So why tell others to shut up for having their own aswell? Very contradictory! :)

Ive always defended the Doc and though the stick he receives is over the top and scapegoating, but this season he hasnt looked good, he was awful against Colchester and got done horrifically by Jones against Sunderland.Ive changed my view a bit now, fact is he may be solid for 90% of the time but always makes that one slip that ends up in a goal.If we want to move forward i think its time for a change, the defence has been our problem for 4 seasons now so lets change it.

I was swearing at you for contradicting yourself... telling people to lay off... as you say, each to their own! I don''t slate players at all, I stick behind the team and always stick up for them... But I find it impossible to defend Doc.. As someone said, the shirt pulling, the mandatory ''Bear hug'' he gives to every striker when heading a ball.. I watch alot of football and VERY VERY rarely see any other CB''s trying to grapple or hug the other players like Doc does.. I go to all the home games and have done for 10 years and since he has been there it is always the same, hug, tug and just generally foul!

A change is needed! For the sake of our team!

two things.....the doc is a liability and do we need all this bad languague.  people should treat others with respect.

[quote user="mastoola"]two things.....the doc is a liability and do we need all this bad languague.  people should treat others with respect.[/quote]

Agreed

Stop defending Doherty!

He has had enough defense in his time here and yet continually lets us down.

He is a clumsy great oaf!