Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Probably won't help...............

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="eldrich canary"]Goal 3: Sunderland go forward, Semi is ball watching and doesn''t see Reid go past him on, Semi continues running back, makes no effort at all to pick up the free man who ran past him a few seconds earlier.

It may well be that when he played with McVeigh then was telling what was happening so he could react whereas perhaps with Whaley he''s not talking to Semi so Semi is missing stuff.

Perhaps you want to look at the highlights from canary player where you can freeze frame them and replay them so you can get a better idea before you make pronouncements - in the words of a previous manager ''I must have missed your tenure as the manager of England''.

[/quote]

Very funny. Having spent 12 years as a manager at a good level and having a perfectly good pair of eyes, I''ll ignore the attempted smart arsery of you post and reiterate that Semmy is pulled across to cover the centre (standard coaching for a fullback) as both centre backs have been pulled towards our left. Whaley then fails to track Reid''s run. I have no problem with your Doc obsession, or, indeed, you attempts to look "clever".However, I would suggest you try to obtain at least one of the following:

1. An open mind.

2. An eye test

3. A brain

4 Some basic understanding of football tactics, particularly vis-a-vis the role of a fullback when the opposition are attacking on the opposite flank.

[/quote]

Are you Carl Heggs Beau? [:P] By the time eldrich stops bouncing he''ll be in Peterborough town centre...

[quote user="Dion DublinLegend"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="eldrich canary"]Goal 3: Sunderland go forward, Semi is ball watching and doesn''t see Reid go past him on, Semi continues running back, makes no effort at all to pick up the free man who ran past him a few seconds earlier.

It may well be that when he played with McVeigh then was telling what was happening so he could react whereas perhaps with Whaley he''s not talking to Semi so Semi is missing stuff.

Perhaps you want to look at the highlights from canary player where you can freeze frame them and replay them so you can get a better idea before you make pronouncements - in the words of a previous manager ''I must have missed your tenure as the manager of England''.

[/quote]

Very funny. Having spent 12 years as a manager at a good level and having a perfectly good pair of eyes, I''ll ignore the attempted smart arsery of you post and reiterate that Semmy is pulled across to cover the centre (standard coaching for a fullback) as both centre backs have been pulled towards our left. Whaley then fails to track Reid''s run. I have no problem with your Doc obsession, or, indeed, you attempts to look "clever".However, I would suggest you try to obtain at least one of the following:

1. An open mind.

2. An eye test

3. A brain

4 Some basic understanding of football tactics, particularly vis-a-vis the role of a fullback when the opposition are attacking on the opposite flank.

[/quote]

Are you Carl Heggs Beau? [:P] By the time eldrich stops bouncing he''ll be in Peterborough town centre...

[/quote]

Lol, I''m feeling a bit spiky this morning! Mr Heggs is in a class of his own, just been reading about the 20 man brawl and his sending of last night. Can''t wait to hear the interview! Also had to laugh at the fact that Stocksbridge, who he assessed as "shocking" on day one are currently top of the league!

I''ll give a huge hint here - the bloke with the 2 on his back is the one to watch. I can not believe what you are saying, the only way I can believe is that you have not actually looked at the highlights and is basing the determination of fault on a shakey memory.I noticed on another thread you said the Reid went past Whaley - I suggest you have another good look and look at the number on the guys shirt as he goes past.

If what you say below is try I''d agree with you, however if you watch the highlight (as I suggested, in fact do you the advantage of being able to watch the highlights on Canary player?) you would probably notice:a) Semmy is not in the middle covering the center backsb) Reid runs past Semi and Semi fails to track himc) Semi is more than 10m away from Reid and 20m away from the bloke who passed to Reid because he is nowhere near the play at all when Reid scores.

[quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="eldrich canary"]
If what you say below is try I''d agree with you, however if you watch the highlight (as I suggested, in fact do you the advantage of being able to watch the highlights on Canary player?)

you would probably notice:
a) Semmy is not in the middle covering the center backs
b) Reid runs past Semi and Semi fails to track him
c) Semi is more than 10m away from Reid and 20m away from the bloke who passed to Reid because he is nowhere near the play at all when Reid scores.

[quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Have watched it again as suggested. You continue to be totally wrong.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Christ, don''t know what happened there! I hit one key and all that spewed out. Sorry all![/quote]

It''s Ok Beau, I found it quite helpful, as I am in the slow readers group. [;)]

[quote user="eldrich canary"]
Just watched the highlights:

goal 1: Doc stumbles and the player gets away to get the cross in, spillane goes to challenge, lappin is nowhere to be seen and no-one is marking the scorer, midfield problem
goal 2: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 3: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 4: Doc pushes his bloke out the way if it does touch Doc at all its the tiniest of touches brushes what little hair he has and hits OTJ and own goal - certainly not the fault of Doc

the problem is mainly semi and whaley.
On the basis of this I can not see Lambert will be dropping the Doc.

Spillane is unlucky to cause 2 injuries with his little push, is a red card thou.
Cody Mac in goal - quality.

[/quote]

With the second or third goal it isn''t just Semi''s fault. He had acres of space on the right wing and for some strange reason Whaley didn''t pass to him, instead he played an absolutley aweful ball straight to Sunderland and they countered. You can''t fault there counter but they should never have had the ball in the first place.