Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Probably won't help...............

We had to chat today to Worthington Out about something completely unrelated to Norwich City but The Girl Upstairs took the trouble to ask him what he thought about your game v Sunderland.

"I really enjoyed it.  Brucie put out a strong side but the first 15 minutes could have gone either way.  City were very good going forward at the start but they showed too much of the ball mostly and then came up against quality goalkeeping as you would expect from Craig - he''s had his probs but he has always been a quality keeper.  Even stevens I thought but then some quality goals for Brucie.  Delicious chip of the keeper - that is a confident quality strike.

"Problem is in midfield I thought.  They didn''t pick up balls coming to them out of defence nor coming at them from Sunderland.  If you lose in midfield you are always at risk.  Sunderland faster and fitter I thought.  No one at the City end seemed to know who was marking who.

"Doc had a good game I thought.  He''s always a trier, Holt looked good up front but he''s shooting too early.  He is giving the keeper far too much time.    Hoolahan tried hard but he needs to work on his corners which are usually very good.  McDonald chased everything but his first touch let him down and they will have to work on that.

"It was a fine game to watch.  As you would expect their finishing was quality but the Sunderland midfield drove their game and I thought the Norwich midfield were lost in comparison.  That''s the key to me - win it in midfield and you are on the attack.  Lose it and you can be quickly back pedalling.

"Very good goalkeeping kept you out but if the midfield keep losing possession or not claiming the ball you don''t have control of the game.  People talk about forwards but for me it''s what happens in midfield that often decides a match.  All their goals came from midfield.  That is the key, I think."

Interesting.But i think with Hughes rather than Tudur Jones we would of put on a better showing in the middle of the park.Do you think Perkins would be happy to re-join Lambert at Carrow Road Camuldonum?

Makes me laugh, who was it who insisted on playing Gary Holt instead of Safri in the Premiership?  And persist in playing Andy Hughes when we got relegated?

He is right though,  Stephen Hughes should have started, but least it was a cup game.

He''s absolutely right. The midfield won us the game on Saturday. There was no comparison between the movement and workrate of  WLY, Hughes, Korey and Lappin and the hugely disappointing Whaley (responsible for 2 goals), Adeyemi (best of the four, but not great), OTJ and Hoolahan.

The

He''s absolutely right. The midfield won us the game on Saturday. There was no comparison between the movement and workrate of  WLY, Hughes, Korey and Lappin and the hugely disappointing Whaley (responsible for 2 goals), Adeyemi (best of the four, but not great), OTJ and Hoolahan.

The good

The good thing

The good thing is

The good thing is that

The good thing is that the

The good thing is that the problem is

The good thing is that the problem

The good thing is that the problem is easily

It was worth repeating Beaus! I agree too[Y]

As for Holt and Safri.. well Holty earned us valuable points too. Holty''s contribution wasn''t always so obvious but it made Hucks contribution more possible.

Just watched the highlights:goal 1: Doc stumbles and the player gets away to get the cross in, spillane goes to challenge, lappin is nowhere to be seen and no-one is marking the scorer, midfield problem goal 2: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problemgoal 3: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problemgoal 4: Doc pushes his bloke out the way if it does touch Doc at all its the tiniest of touches brushes what little hair he has and hits OTJ and own goal - certainly not the fault of Docthe problem is mainly semi and whaley.On the basis of this I can not see Lambert will be dropping the Doc.Spillane is unlucky to cause 2 injuries with his little push, is a red card thou.Cody Mac in goal - quality.

[quote user="eldrich canary"]
Just watched the highlights:

goal 1: Doc stumbles and the player gets away to get the cross in, spillane goes to challenge, lappin is nowhere to be seen and no-one is marking the scorer, midfield problem
goal 2: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 3: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 4: Doc pushes his bloke out the way if it does touch Doc at all its the tiniest of touches brushes what little hair he has and hits OTJ and own goal - certainly not the fault of Doc

the problem is mainly semi and whaley.
On the basis of this I can not see Lambert will be dropping the Doc.

Spillane is unlucky to cause 2 injuries with his little push, is a red card thou.
Cody Mac in goal - quality.

[/quote]

If you watch them again, you will see:

Goal 2 . Whaley picks the ball up on the right, Semmy overlaps, Whaley ignores him and wanders into the middle before passing straight to an opponent who springs the counter. Semmy has no chance of getting back.

Goal 3. Sunderland outnumber us on our left. Spillane gets pulled across, Semmy has to move inside to cover and Whaley, who should track Reid''s run, just jogs behind him like the lazy waste of space he is.

I''m usually critical of Semmy, but those goals were not primarily down to him.

[quote user="eldrich canary"]
Just watched the highlights:

goal 1: Doc stumbles and the player gets away to get the cross in, spillane goes to challenge, lappin is nowhere to be seen and no-one is marking the scorer, midfield problem
goal 2: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 3: semi is no where near his man - semi is the problem
goal 4: Doc pushes his bloke out the way if it does touch Doc at all its the tiniest of touches brushes what little hair he has and hits OTJ and own goal - certainly not the fault of Doc

the problem is mainly semi and whaley.
On the basis of this I can not see Lambert will be dropping the Doc.

Spillane is unlucky to cause 2 injuries with his little push, is a red card thou.
Cody Mac in goal - quality.

[/quote]

You are seriously deluded on all four points.  It is quite obvious that

1. You love the doc

2. You hate Otsemobor

3. You know nothing about football.

4. As Spillane got himself sent of with his little push it''s not very likely that Lambert will have the chance to drop the Doc (which should make you very happy). But thanks to the incredibly unlucky Spillane he''ll probably have to find a new keeper for Saturday.

5. You love the Doc

As Beausant has quite correctly pointed out the error of your observations regarding Otsemobors blame in the 2nd and 3rd goals I shall not bother to echo them.  I''m getting tired of pointing out to all the Semi slaggers on here that they actually need to watch the game properly before writng ridiculous statements.

Spot on post Cam.  And Beau, after your thinly disguised attempt to boost your post count [;)] you still didn''t finish!  Were you about to say "rectified"?

[quote user="Scooby"]Spot on post Cam.  And Beau, after your thinly disguised attempt to boost your post count [;)] you still didn''t finish!  Were you about to say "rectified"?[/quote][:D] Brightened my morning Beau, thanks needed it.[;)]

The thing that comes to my mind about this is why didn''t he talk like this about games when he was in charge ?  Instead of all that guff about work-rate and sitchooayshuns ?  Or has he been edited by the girl upstairs ? [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The thing that comes to my mind about this is why didn''t he talk like this about games when he was in charge ?  Instead of all that guff about work-rate and sitchooayshuns ?  Or has he been edited by the girl upstairs ? [;)]
[/quote]

I heard him talking a while back on the wireless (as we older folk call it) re NI and there wasn''t a sitchooayshun or "at this moment in time" in sight.  I think he did mention workrate though but so may your new chap.[;)]

Goal 2: When we lose the ball Semi is stood just on the line of the center circle approx 8 m in front of the center and 8 m to the right of the middle of the pitch - not a position I''d expect a right back to be. When Sunderland make the break Semi jogs back.

Goal 3: Sunderland go forward, Semi is ball watching and doesn''t see Reid go past him on, Semi continues running back, makes no effort at all to pick up the free man who ran past him a few seconds earlier.It may well be that when he played with McVeigh then was telling what was happening so he could react whereas perhaps with Whaley he''s not talking to Semi so Semi is missing stuff.Perhaps you want to look at the highlights from canary player where you can freeze frame them and replay them so you can get a better idea before you make pronouncements - in the words of a previous manager ''I must have missed your tenure as the manager of England''.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The thing that comes to my mind about this is why didn''t he talk like this about games when he was in charge ?  Instead of all that guff about work-rate and sitchooayshuns ?  Or has he been edited by the girl upstairs ? [;)][/quote]

I heard him talking a while back on the wireless (as we older folk call it) re NI and there wasn''t a sitchooayshun or "at this moment in time" in sight.  I think he did mention workrate though but so may your new chap.[;)]

[/quote]I think the new chaps'' key phrase is "That''s the nature of the game", in one report I think he said it 3 times in a paragraph.  But it''s difficult to talk when you''ve got a mic shoved under your nose and you''d rather be doing your job I''d imagine [:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I think the new chaps'' key phrase is "That''s the nature of the game", in one report I think he said it 3 times in a paragraph.  But it''s difficult to talk when you''ve got a mic shoved under your nose and you''d rather be doing your job I''d imagine [:)]
[/quote]

Quite.  If they banned pre and post match interviews with managers and players tomorrow, it wouldn''t be soon enough for me. 

[quote user="eldrich canary"]Goal 3: Sunderland go forward, Semi is ball watching and doesn''t see Reid go past him on, Semi continues running back, makes no effort at all to pick up the free man who ran past him a few seconds earlier.

It may well be that when he played with McVeigh then was telling what was happening so he could react whereas perhaps with Whaley he''s not talking to Semi so Semi is missing stuff.

Perhaps you want to look at the highlights from canary player where you can freeze frame them and replay them so you can get a better idea before you make pronouncements - in the words of a previous manager ''I must have missed your tenure as the manager of England''.

[/quote]

Very funny. Having spent 12 years as a manager at a good level and having a perfectly good pair of eyes, I''ll ignore the attempted smart arsery of you post and reiterate that Semmy is pulled across to cover the centre (standard coaching for a fullback) as both centre backs have been pulled towards our left. Whaley then fails to track Reid''s run. I have no problem with your Doc obsession, or, indeed, you attempts to look "clever".However, I would suggest you try to obtain at least one of the following:

1. An open mind.

2. An eye test

3. A brain

4 Some basic understanding of football tactics, particularly vis-a-vis the role of a fullback when the opposition are attacking on the opposite flank.