Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Askou's mistake last Saturday

Doc''s done it on a regular basis and we''ve just seen enough.

When Askou has made as many mistakes as Doc i will call for his head too.

askou responded with a brave header and showed commitment and leadership after his mistake - soc pointed and positioning was dreadful

Askou''s error was the first one he''s made since he signed, otherwise he has looked solid and he atoned for the error by scoring at the other end - his 2nd for the club.Doc - nervous on the ball all the time and doesn''t fill anyone with confidence.

made 1 mistake, scored a great goal, not put a foot wrong all season otherwise.

Doc - made 2 mistakes 2nyt, fair enough he tries, but...

Didn''t score to make up 4 it, played rubbish for the best part of 4 years and had 2 relegations playing most games. Awful start 2 the season to add to that. Embarassing to have in the team tbh! I like him, but he''s a complete liability, he''d be good in a slow league tbf

Get into your car once and get caught speeding and you''ll most likely get a slap on the wrists and three points on your licence.Get back into your car and continue to drive like a d*ck, break the speed limit, go through red traffic lights, pull handbrake turns outside the police station, refuse to tax or insure your car and eventually mow down a line of innocent pedestrians waiting at a bus stop whilst under the influence of drink and drugs and the old bill are likely to eventually lose patience with you and bang you up.Understand [;)]

Askou comes along and has scored 2 goals already.  Doc bearing in mind is also an alleged forward has 6 goals in his entire time here.  I''d bin Doc on the strength of not chipping in enough goals just for a start.

Several points to add to this this but first and foremost, stay off the drugs.

You may have noticed that Askou made up for his error with a bullet header into the back of the net, when did Doc last do that?  Askou also admitted that he cocked up after the match, when did Doc last do that?  Askou was playing with only 1 boot on when he made said error, perhaps Doc should try that?

Also, aside from a his version of dancing on ice, Doc also made a pathetic effort to head the ball clear prior to it slapping OTJ on the leg and ending up in the back of the net.  Further errors were when he managed to effectively foul Campbell 3 or 4 times in the box in one attempt to clear the ball, this was a blatent pen several times over.  I also remember 1 of his trade mark free kicks given away 25 yards straight down the middle from goal when Campbell turned him like his feet were cemented into the ground.

I think you mention on another I love the Doc thread that he was up against a £9m striker, if you''re referring to Campbell, this is completely inaccurate as well.  Campbell cost £3m and is hardly a proven prem league striker, he''s spent most of his fledgling career on loan in the Champs or sitting in Man U or Spurs reserves.

I thought Askou had a bad game on Saturday - hoofing the ball away like Shackell at his worst. But the mistake was partly down to him having his heels trodden on and losing a boot. The header (and Lappin''s delivery) was great though.

I think its time to take a wider perspective on what is going on on the pitch.  Some people seem to have a "thing" about certain players and then diligently note down every individual thing they do wrong.  It''s like consistently looking for evidence to back up a prejudice and is getting to be like a broken record.  As a team we don''t appear to be able to defend in open play with the intensity and commitment necessary and make far too many basic errors.  This is the job of the whole defence and midfield who don''t defend as a unit.  This is a problem now and has been basically for the past 3 years.  It also seemed to be a problem at times on Saturday when Doc and Whaley weren''t even playing.  A lot of our players seem fine when we are playing neat passing football going forwards.  A lot of them just don''t seem to think that part of the deal is chasing back, getting behind the ball and sticking their foot in where it hurts. 

[quote user="Clint"]

You may have noticed that Askou made up for his error with a bullet header into the back of the net, when did Doc last do that?  Askou also admitted that he cocked up after the match, when did Doc last do that?  Askou was playing with only 1 boot on when he made said error, perhaps Doc should try that?

Also, aside from a his version of dancing on ice, Doc also made a pathetic effort to head the ball clear prior to it slapping OTJ on the leg and ending up in the back of the net.  Further errors were when he managed to effectively foul Campbell 3 or 4 times in the box in one attempt to clear the ball, this was a blatent pen several times over.  I also remember 1 of his trade mark free kicks given away 25 yards straight down the middle from goal when Campbell turned him like his feet were cemented into the ground.

I think you mention on another I love the Doc thread that he was up against a £9m striker, if you''re referring to Campbell, this is completely inaccurate as well.  Campbell cost £3m and is hardly a proven prem league striker, he''s spent most of his fledgling career on loan in the Champs or sitting in Man U or Spurs reserves.

[/quote]They were talking about Kenwyne Jones I think

We won 5-2. We lost 4-1. Plus he makes them alot and is just a poor defender.

Askou mistake was poor as was Spillane''s sending off tonight, Nelson was very poor versus Colchester. The difference Doherty has been here 4 years and is easily passed his prime (he wasn''t any good then), the others are young/ or new to the club, I have an inkling that the other 3 will not prove to be good players for us, I KNOW Doherty won''t prove to be a good player for us.

The Doc made two misstakes that led to goals tonight and others that didnt. Askou got caught in two minds when he should not have, Doc gets caught being out of his mind . . . . . .

[quote user="chicken"]The Doc made two misstakes that led to goals tonight and others that didnt. Askou got caught in two minds when he should not have, Doc gets caught being out of his mind . . . . . .
[/quote]

You can''t surely "blame" him for the fourth goal.  He didn''t exactly blast it against OTJs legs did he??  He was culpable for the first goal but so was Lappin (caught out of position so Doc had to move across to the wing) + Adeyemi and OTJ not tracking their men, one of whom scores.  Don''t just use Doc as a scapegoat when there are plenty of others who deserve an honorable mention in the cock-up department!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Doc - made 2 mistakes 2nyt, fair enough he tries, but...

Didn''t score to make up 4 it, played rubbish for the best part of 4 years[/quote]In those 4 years he has had a player of the season and made the 3rd best player last season ,so he can''t be that bad according to most fans who watch him week in week out. I am afraid he has been bashed on THIS forum for years and is the scape goat for a lot of posters on here ,and what ever he does will not change the views of a few on this forum.

As Dion pointed out he slipped and it cost us because of that and the midfield not tracking their runners - again.  It was a mistake by Doc and he should be criticised for it.

Askous was not his first mistake.  He is positionally poor and lost out on many easy challenges against a poor Wycombe and again at Yeovil and Exeter.  Its a worrying trend. So far none of our central defenders have impressed this season.   But there were more errors by Askou and Spillane over the last couple of games to suggest they will be costlier and less effective than Doc.

However until we get our midfield to defend as a unit we will continue to conceed too many goals - the first three goals came from midfielders not being tracked - again 

The fact in the stats are clear,  we win more games, gain more points (10% more in fact),  lose less games,  conceed fewer goals when doc starts compared to when he does not - thats a 4 season fact.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]
They were talking about Kenwyne Jones I think
[/quote]

Appreciate your comments Mr B but if they were talking about Jones, he went off at half time so Doc would have only been terrorised by him for half the match!  Also, I''m pretty sure he didn''t cost any more than £5/6m tops not £9 as Dean Coney said - that extra £3m is more than our entire squad cost (of which the Doc at £750k +I think is laughably our most expensive player!!!)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

As Dion pointed out he slipped and it cost us because of that and the midfield not tracking their runners - again.  It was a mistake by Doc and he should be criticised for it.

Askous was not his first mistake.  He is positionally poor and lost out on many easy challenges against a poor Wycombe and again at Yeovil and Exeter.  Its a worrying trend. So far none of our central defenders have impressed this season.   But there were more errors by Askou and Spillane over the last couple of games to suggest they will be costlier and less effective than Doc.

However until we get our midfield to defend as a unit we will continue to conceed too many goals - the first three goals came from midfielders not being tracked - again 

The fact in the stats are clear,  we win more games, gain more points (10% more in fact),  lose less games,  conceed fewer goals when doc starts compared to when he does not - thats a 4 season fact.

[/quote]

Have you got the proof of that to hand in terms of the stats? I think the paring of Askou & Spillane are worth a run of games. I don''t recall Askou losing out on too many challenges against Wycombe. I thought he was fairly solid seeing as he hasn''t played many games with Spillane.

Can''t be bothered to go through the whole thread to see if this has been mentioned but Askou lost his boot shortly before the ball was cleared upfield. I saw him trying to put it back on. At the end of the footage of the goal you can see him go back to trying to get it on.

I wtach game on sky hd also recorded match and see at morning again.

Must say that I almost never see such a bad performence from defender over all!

Doc was totally out of the game and hardly stay at his legs most of the time!

This man is awful day after day and Im big surprised that Lambert not try to see what will offer Nelson with HT subs.

I belive that this game was last for Doc but this red card ma be will give him last chanse on weekend.

Also other thing who is strange for me.

Why we need to use flood at HT and before game make ball more quick and make most of our players hardly stay on his legs?Normally this flood help the better teams and Sunderland was 56 place abouve us so not understand really why we do that last night.

Doc is Mr Been really.

sorry for bad english :/

[quote user="Boris"]I wtach game on sky hd also recorded match and see at morning again. Must say that I almost never see such a bad performence from defender over all! Doc was totally out of the game and hardly stay at his legs most of the time! This man is awful day after day and Im big surprised that Lambert not try to see what will offer Nelson with HT subs. I belive that this game was last for Doc but this red card ma be will give him last chanse on weekend. Also other thing who is strange for me. Why we need to use flood at HT and before game make ball more quick and make most of our players hardly stay on his legs?Normally this flood help the better teams and Sunderland was 56 place abouve us so not understand really why we do that last night. Doc is Mr Been really. sorry for bad english :/[/quote]

No no Boris your English is fine my friend. Couldn''t agree more.

The sooner that ginger turkey leaves our club and we can forget about him the better.Im just shocked people still try to stick up for him.

[quote user="Boris"]I wtach game on sky hd also recorded match and see at morning again. Must say that I almost never see such a bad performence from defender over all! Doc was totally out of the game and hardly stay at his legs most of the time! This man is awful day after day and Im big surprised that Lambert not try to see what will offer Nelson with HT subs. I belive that this game was last for Doc but this red card ma be will give him last chanse on weekend. Also other thing who is strange for me. Why we need to use flood at HT and before game make ball more quick and make most of our players hardly stay on his legs?Normally this flood help the better teams and Sunderland was 56 place abouve us so not understand really why we do that last night. Doc is Mr Been really. sorry for bad english :/[/quote]

Have you got any good defenders over there that we can borrow, Boris?

I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but seconds before Askou''s mistake he had just sprinted up the pitch to get back into position and was scrambling to get his boot back on. The ball came over as he was still doing it I think and once the goal had gone in he went back to putting it on again.

Not trying to make excuses for him but if that''s what it takes for him to make a mistake then I''d take him before Doc any day.