Sign in to follow this  
Eadies Left, Hucks Right, Iwans Heed, Holts Laugh!

Goalkeeper Situation - My View

Am I the only person out there that is not bothered if Alnwick goes?

I actually think he is pretty poor, one good stop against Sunderland and thats it, not very comanding of area and generally very average.

I would like to see Rudd get a run out and surely Theo cant be that bad (Yes I was at Col U game) but he must have something about him?

For me start Rudd Sat, give Theo another chance in JPT Tues and see how it goes? Or re-ignite interest in Doyle as he aint gonna get a game.

I think Alnwick is nowhere near the finished article but at the moment, he is by far the best option we have available.

between I see last night that Andy Marshall play for Ast Villa reserves against Chelsea lol

Our defence is jittery enough at the moment, without putting an inexperienced teenager in for his first game.I share the view that Alnwick is perhaps not the ideal loan keeper in some ways. How old is he, - perhaps 23 or 24? If so, with few first team games at Spurs he is by no means the mature goalkeeper. There is talk of Burnley paying £1 million for him, to be their second keeper, so perhaps they see potential there.I would have thought an experienced keeper, who could shout at and help organise the defence, is what we need. If Theo could do this, then forget his boobs on Day 1, and play him. Otherwise we shall have to think of another loan keeper, or keepers. Twelve months from now, after occasional games and regular games for the reserves, Rudd could be ready, but it is a big ask for him at the moment.