Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

I am sick to death of some Norwich fans

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry but i feel the need to rant about Norwich fans on this board. I know this is the place for opinions but some of the stuff that has been coming out on this bored since the season started has been embarrassing and completey stupid!

1. Sell Wes Hoolahan saga - firstly theres the fans who say he is crap. Now i personnally believe these fans are just so bitter that  he has not lived up to there own unrealistic expectations, because if they really think wes is a poor player they need their heads testing and do not have the first idea about football (smudger, cd mullins). Nearly every pre season pridictions by the so called experts have Hoolahan as our one to watch, and if they were so wrong they probally wouldnt be employed to do these things. Secondly the fans that are now booing him and slating him becuase he wants to leave?? urm... have i missed somthing? Because i have not seen one single quote from anybody including wes himself saying i want to leave. These fans have been so nieve to believe second rate press articles linking the player to other clubs to the extent they now think he doesnt want to be here. Last night i saw a Wes Hoolahan who worked his socks off, never gave the ball away and score a goal, looked pretty commited to me. Thirdly in this section are the fans that believe we should sell hoolahan and raise some funds for the manger to spend on new players. Well to start with the money we may well get for wes will not buy a player anywhere as good as him, and the next thing how many times have we sold players to never see the money re-invested on new players??? because in my 20 years of supporting this club it hasnt happened to often.

2. The slating of new players - this one really gets me worked up! how can fans slate players that have only been here a matter of weeks? do they want to completey destroy there confidence before we see any sort of form from them? I just cant believe it we already struggle to attract decent players because of our cities location, but add to that our current comical reputation and then the fact you get slated if you dont bag a hattrick on your debut. Just remember it takes a new player time to settle in to their new club, usually this can be hidden in a well organised already settled team, but when your new players make up the bloody first 11 its obviously going to take longer and bad performances will look more obvious. I have already seen playes such as Nelson, OTJ, Gill, Whaley dubbed as some of the worst players to wear the yellow and green, This is out of order.

3. The real weak links - Now anyone who can defend these two players needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I dont like player bashing but these two players that i will mention soon are really not up to the task for Norwich. One is commited but has no quality, the other has some quality but just is not commited. Both have cost us dearly since they have been at the club and it is no coincidence that our demise has continued and such an alarming rate with these two in the side. They were bth completely found out again last night. Doc & Semmy.

To Be Continued.................

[/quote]

You clearly watch Norwich, the fact is Hoolahan runs and does work his socks off but he makes the team disjointed, if he stuck to the wing he could work his magic.....He continually runs into defenders and pulls the team in the wrong direction!

The first thing Lambert will do is set the team up.

Hoolahan is a good player but needs players to work for him when lose''s the ball, it seems the Norwich midfield are poor at tracking back, hence exposing our defence! It also doesn''t help having Ostombor and Doc as they continually make mistakes!

The Team looks balanced when lappin was on the wing and the same with mcveigh on the right! We have a great striker in Grant, he just needs good balls to feed him. I felt Mcveigh and Lappin provided these!

As for Selling Hoolahan I''m not bothered either way, i feel your right about fee''s for him i don''t think it will get back to the manager. At this point i think we are playing better with out him in the team.

As for slating new players i feel as a fan we should expect, these guys get £4000 upwards a week and need to earn there money! i personally don''t boo, but in this game you get what you deserve!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry but i feel the need to rant about Norwich fans on this board. I know this is the place for opinions but some of the stuff that has been coming out on this bored since the season started has been embarrassing and completey stupid!

1. Sell Wes Hoolahan saga - firstly theres the fans who say he is crap. Now i personnally believe these fans are just so bitter that  he has not lived up to there own unrealistic expectations, because if they really think wes is a poor player they need their heads testing and do not have the first idea about football (smudger, cd mullins). Nearly every pre season pridictions by the so called experts have Hoolahan as our one to watch, and if they were so wrong they probally wouldnt be employed to do these things. Secondly the fans that are now booing him and slating him becuase he wants to leave?? urm... have i missed somthing? Because i have not seen one single quote from anybody including wes himself saying i want to leave. These fans have been so nieve to believe second rate press articles linking the player to other clubs to the extent they now think he doesnt want to be here. Last night i saw a Wes Hoolahan who worked his socks off, never gave the ball away and score a goal, looked pretty commited to me. Thirdly in this section are the fans that believe we should sell hoolahan and raise some funds for the manger to spend on new players. Well to start with the money we may well get for wes will not buy a player anywhere as good as him, and the next thing how many times have we sold players to never see the money re-invested on new players??? because in my 20 years of supporting this club it hasnt happened to often.

2. The slating of new players - this one really gets me worked up! how can fans slate players that have only been here a matter of weeks? do they want to completey destroy there confidence before we see any sort of form from them? I just cant believe it we already struggle to attract decent players because of our cities location, but add to that our current comical reputation and then the fact you get slated if you dont bag a hattrick on your debut. Just remember it takes a new player time to settle in to their new club, usually this can be hidden in a well organised already settled team, but when your new players make up the bloody first 11 its obviously going to take longer and bad performances will look more obvious. I have already seen playes such as Nelson, OTJ, Gill, Whaley dubbed as some of the worst players to wear the yellow and green, This is out of order.

3. The real weak links - Now anyone who can defend these two players needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I dont like player bashing but these two players that i will mention soon are really not up to the task for Norwich. One is commited but has no quality, the other has some quality but just is not commited. Both have cost us dearly since they have been at the club and it is no coincidence that our demise has continued and such an alarming rate with these two in the side. They were bth completely found out again last night. Doc & Semmy.

To Be Continued.................

[/quote]

Yawn, Yawn!  Whilst I agree totally with your first 2 points, your 3rd is ridiculous. Yes, I thought Doc was bad last night but YOU tell Me what Semi did wrong. And back it up with some evidence or your article will prove to be just another bandwagon jumping exercise.

[/quote]

urmm....... Two goals in very quick succesion from Andy Reid both from the right back position, where was semmy?

[/quote]

The thing that really irritates me are people who criticise and just don''t watch the flaming game!  First Reid goal Semi went in support of Whaley and was unmarked wide on the left.  Whaley decides to turn inside and gave the ball away with an awful "pass" that played half of the team out of the game.  The second Reid goal Semi was doing exactly what he should have been doing, covering Spillane who had "sold" himself in the buildup and so was out of position.  Semi shuffled across to cover him and the ball was then knocked out wide to where he came from.  Blaming him is laughable!  You fall into the trap of the people you are criticising - decide what the problem is and then bend the evidence to fit it!