Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

I am sick to death of some Norwich fans

Im sorry but i feel the need to rant about Norwich fans on this board. I know this is the place for opinions but some of the stuff that has been coming out on this bored since the season started has been embarrassing and completey stupid!

1. Sell Wes Hoolahan saga - firstly theres the fans who say he is crap. Now i personnally believe these fans are just so bitter that  he has not lived up to there own unrealistic expectations, because if they really think wes is a poor player they need their heads testing and do not have the first idea about football (smudger, cd mullins). Nearly every pre season pridictions by the so called experts have Hoolahan as our one to watch, and if they were so wrong they probally wouldnt be employed to do these things. Secondly the fans that are now booing him and slating him becuase he wants to leave?? urm... have i missed somthing? Because i have not seen one single quote from anybody including wes himself saying i want to leave. These fans have been so nieve to believe second rate press articles linking the player to other clubs to the extent they now think he doesnt want to be here. Last night i saw a Wes Hoolahan who worked his socks off, never gave the ball away and score a goal, looked pretty commited to me. Thirdly in this section are the fans that believe we should sell hoolahan and raise some funds for the manger to spend on new players. Well to start with the money we may well get for wes will not buy a player anywhere as good as him, and the next thing how many times have we sold players to never see the money re-invested on new players??? because in my 20 years of supporting this club it hasnt happened to often.

2. The slating of new players - this one really gets me worked up! how can fans slate players that have only been here a matter of weeks? do they want to completey destroy there confidence before we see any sort of form from them? I just cant believe it we already struggle to attract decent players because of our cities location, but add to that our current comical reputation and then the fact you get slated if you dont bag a hattrick on your debut. Just remember it takes a new player time to settle in to their new club, usually this can be hidden in a well organised already settled team, but when your new players make up the bloody first 11 its obviously going to take longer and bad performances will look more obvious. I have already seen playes such as Nelson, OTJ, Gill, Whaley dubbed as some of the worst players to wear the yellow and green, This is out of order.

3. The real weak links - Now anyone who can defend these two players needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I dont like player bashing but these two players that i will mention soon are really not up to the task for Norwich. One is commited but has no quality, the other has some quality but just is not commited. Both have cost us dearly since they have been at the club and it is no coincidence that our demise has continued and such an alarming rate with these two in the side. They were bth completely found out again last night. Doc & Semmy.

To Be Continued.................

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry but i feel the need to rant about Norwich fans on this board. I know this is the place for opinions but some of the stuff that has been coming out on this bored since the season started has been embarrassing and completey stupid!

1. Sell Wes Hoolahan saga - firstly theres the fans who say he is crap. Now i personnally believe these fans are just so bitter that  he has not lived up to there own unrealistic expectations, because if they really think wes is a poor player they need their heads testing and do not have the first idea about football (smudger, cd mullins). Nearly every pre season pridictions by the so called experts have Hoolahan as our one to watch, and if they were so wrong they probally wouldnt be employed to do these things. Secondly the fans that are now booing him and slating him becuase he wants to leave?? urm... have i missed somthing? Because i have not seen one single quote from anybody including wes himself saying i want to leave. These fans have been so nieve to believe second rate press articles linking the player to other clubs to the extent they now think he doesnt want to be here. Last night i saw a Wes Hoolahan who worked his socks off, never gave the ball away and score a goal, looked pretty commited to me. Thirdly in this section are the fans that believe we should sell hoolahan and raise some funds for the manger to spend on new players. Well to start with the money we may well get for wes will not buy a player anywhere as good as him, and the next thing how many times have we sold players to see the money re-invested on new players??? because in my 20 years of supporting this club it hasnt happened to often.

2. The slating of new players - this one really gets me worked up! how can fans slate players that have only been here a matter of weeks? do they want to completey destroy there confidence before we see any sort of form from them? I just cant believe it we already struggle to attract decent players because of our cities location, but add to that our current comical reputation and then the fact you get slated if you dont bag a hattrick on your debut. Just remember it takes a new player time to settle in to their new club, usually this can be hidden in a well organised already settled team, but when your new players make up the bloody first 11 its obviously going to take longer and bad performances will look more obvious. I have already seen playes such as Nelson, OTJ, Gill, Whaley dubbed as some of the worst players to wear the yellow and green, This is out of order.

3. The real weak links - Now anyone who can defend these two players needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I dont like player bashing but these two players that i will mention soon are really not up to the task for Norwich. One is commited but has no quality, the other has some quality but just is not commited. Both have cost us dearly since they have been at the club and it is no coincidence that our demise has continued and such an alarming rate with these two in the side. They were bth completely found out again last night. Doc & Semmy.

[/quote]

1. Sell Wes Hoolahan saga - firstly theres the fans who say he is crap. Now i personnally believe these fans are just so bitter that  he has not lived up to there own unrealistic expectations, because if they really think wes is a poor player they need their heads testing and do not have the first idea about football (smudger, cd mullins). Nearly every pre season pridictions by the so called experts have Hoolahan as our one to watch, and if they were so wrong they probally wouldnt be employed to do these things. Secondly the fans that are now booing him and slating him becuase he wants to leave?? urm... have i missed somthing? Because i have not seen one single quote from anybody including wes himself saying i want to leave. These fans have been so nieve to believe second rate press articles linking the player to other clubs to the extent they now think he doesnt want to be here. Last night i saw a Wes Hoolahan who worked his socks off, never gave the ball away and score a goal, looked pretty commited to me. Thirdly in this section are the fans that believe we should sell hoolahan and raise some funds for the manger to spend on new players. Well to start with the money we may well get for wes will not buy a player anywhere as good as him, and the next thing how many times have we sold players to never see the money re-invested on new players??? because in my 20 years of supporting this club it hasnt happened to often.

[/quote]That is far too sensible for this board. Hoolahan is not the the problem, our defence is.

[/quote]

Yawn, Yawn!  Whilst I agree totally with your first 2 points, your 3rd is ridiculous. Yes, I thought Doc was bad last night but YOU tell Me what Semi did wrong. And back it up with some evidence or your article will prove to be just another bandwagon jumping exercise.

EVERY CLUB WILL HAVE THE SAME STUFF HAPPENING TO THEM, its not just Norwich you know, go and support another team, it will be exactually the same

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Yawn, Yawn!  Whilst I agree totally with your first 2 points, your 3rd is ridiculous. Yes, I thought Doc was bad last night but YOU tell Me what Semi did wrong. And back it up with some evidence or your article will prove to be just another bandwagon jumping exercise.

[/quote]

urmm....... Two goals in very quick succesion from Andy Reid both from the right back position, where was semmy?

lincoln canary I understand your slating of Semmy and Doc, however for one of the Reid goals if you look carefully, Whaley has possession and Semmy does what we used to slag him off for NOT doing, which was make a run up the right flank. Whaley TOTALLY ignored him and cut inside, dwelled on the ball, lost it and sunderland broke quickly whilst Whaley stood and watched Reid run past him.

Otsemobor didn''t have a great game but he wasn''t 100% responsible IMO.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]lincoln canary I understand your slating of Semmy and Doc, however for one of the Reid goals if you look carefully, Whaley has possession and Semmy does what we used to slag him off for NOT doing, which was make a run up the right flank. Whaley TOTALLY ignored him and cut inside, dwelled on the ball, lost it and sunderland broke quickly whilst Whaley stood and watched Reid run past him. Otsemobor didn''t have a great game but he wasn''t 100% responsible IMO.[/quote]

well maybe so, but they guy cant defend and as a defender thats a attribute you really should be good at. I dont like player bashing really and i am guilty of it here and maybe a shouldnt have added it to this post becuase its the first two points i really wanted to get across. They are the two points that have really got under my skin the last couple of weeks.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]So let me get this right, it''s ok to slate the 2 you don''t personally like but not the rest. Have I got that correct?[/quote]Dont be a plumb.Semi and Doc are probs the biggest boo boys on this board.I think in respects to Semi , Whalley was equally at fault because he left Semi very exposed. I think given a harder working winger Semi might actually be able to come into his own a little more. Its funny atm..We have the likes of Cody and Holt who give 110%Then we got Whalley who gives 10%

[/quote]Thank god you bloody posted that.You speak utter sense sir, and i wholeheartedly show my appreciation for you putting my concerns into words.I''m not a believer of these boards being entirely stupid and overwhelmingly hate mongering, but over the past few years most peoples idea of ''sense'' seems to of become fairly distorted, up until the point that it''s become quite damaging.Our club is in a difficult place right now, and i think it''s going to need us as fans being as rational, certain, and fair as possible if it''s going to have a chance of climbing itself out of this downward spiral of doom that we currently find ourselves in.Your post is a benchmark for most lincoln.Well done. [Y]

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]I see you haven''t changed then Lincoln Canary....[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts Jez, but remember he is the only "realistic" fan.

Some of his points might be fair, and are his opinion.  Except he doesn''t understand that people might not agree with him.  Can tell he wants to be a lawyer.

I also agree with you here.And at some of the responses:  The difference between slating Doherty/Otsemobor and Nelson/OTJ/Gill/Theo/Whaley is that the first two have had 164/83 (total 247) games to show us what they can do the others have had 1/3/4/1/5 (total 14) games to show us what they can do.  Yes, 1 of them was awful but still, be fair.

[quote user="7rew"]I also agree with you here.

And at some of the responses:  The difference between slating Doherty/Otsemobor and Nelson/OTJ/Gill/Theo/Whaley is that the first two have had 164/83 (total 247) games to show us what they can do the others have had 1/3/4/1/5 (total 14) games to show us what they can do.  Yes, 1 of them was awful but still, be fair.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, i am not telling people not to slag off  certain players and which players can be slagged off. Like 7rew has posted Doc and Semmy have played plenty of games for me as a loyal fan to be critical, Although i must point out i would always support them on the pitch. I dont like so called fans forming judgement over players that have only just arrived, and then trying to produce in the current climate we find ourselves in.

These new players need time! Im glad most agree with the points and i especially hope hoolahan stays, I really hope lambert can get a settled first 11 together quickly but i do believe we have some quality players here.

[quote user="7rew"]I also agree with you here.

And at some of the responses:  The difference between slating Doherty/Otsemobor and Nelson/OTJ/Gill/Theo/Whaley is that the first two have had 164/83 (total 247) games to show us what they can do the others have had 1/3/4/1/5 (total 14) games to show us what they can do.  Yes, 1 of them was awful but still, be fair.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, i am not telling people not to slag off  certain players and which players can be slagged off. Like 7rew has posted Doc and Semmy have played plenty of games for me as a loyal fan to be critical, Although i must point out i would always support them on the pitch. I dont like so called fans forming judgement over players that have only just arrived, and then trying to produce in the current climate we find ourselves in.

These new players need time! Im glad most agree with the points and i especially hope hoolahan stays, I really hope lambert can get a settled first 11 together quickly but i do believe we have some quality players here.

[/quote]

spot on mate (Y)

i agree with everything you''ve said in all post.

The hoolahan ''''get rid club'''' tbh are either bitter about a possible departure throwin the proverbial toys from the pram, or they are clearly wanting us to just play hoofball and not wait for that one special pass or through ball in every 10 attempts or so.

How good a defender was Hucks?? he wasnt, andhe couldn''t head the ball, part of being a footballer to isn''t it?? I use to laugh the number of times i used to see him try and get his chest up to the ball rather than use his head and he just couldn''t control it, so why was he treated as good as he made mistakes too??

. Like it was said by others the 2 first points spot on, and I hope Semmy comes good but he was well out of position last night and failed to do what all good defenders should time and time again and that was close down.

Would like to add that i wasn''t happy with the way spillane got himself sent off, ther was no need to do what he did, we may have Alnwick injured now, and it was 1-4 so not as if stopping them scoring would have been significantto us. It was just a reckless and blaitant foul.

[/quote]...well the whole of 3 I totally agree with.You open your rant saying you know this forum is all about opinions - then you slag off contrary opinions as embarrassing and stupid, which is absolutely fine...but in your first paragraph about Wes you mention the ''so called'' commentators at the start of the season mentioning that Wes is the one to watch. If you are taking seriously these sorts of things in the press and think that they must be right (the considered opinion written in 2 seconds by someone who knows nothing about our football club) and that this is evidence that your opinion is right then I can only call this embarrassing and stupid. Regarding your second paragraph - people are entitled to say what they like and it will have NO effect on our players whatsoever - not unless they''re stupid enough to read this forum and especially threads about themselves. You know what - when I''m slagged off at work or in any capacity...........................I raise my game. I certainly don''t wait for someone like you to come along and protect my ego by having a go at others opinions so that I could just collect my wages regardless of performance.The next time Nelson plays and if he doesn''t improve I''m going to start a thread.........Keep it up Nelson, you''re dreadful but you''ve another four years breathing space to catch up with the Doc.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

...well the whole of 3 I totally agree with.

You open your rant saying you know this forum is all about opinions - then you slag off contrary opinions as embarrassing and stupid, which is absolutely fine.

..but in your first paragraph about Wes you mention the ''so called'' commentators at the start of the season mentioning that Wes is the one to watch. If you are taking seriously these sorts of things in the press and think that they must be right (the considered opinion written in 2 seconds by someone who knows nothing about our football club) and that this is evidence that your opinion is right then I can only call this embarrassing and stupid.

Regarding your second paragraph - people are entitled to say what they like and it will have NO effect on our players whatsoever - not unless they''re stupid enough to read this forum and especially threads about themselves. You know what - when I''m slagged off at work or in any capacity...........................I raise my game. I certainly don''t wait for someone like you to come along and protect my ego by having a go at others opinions so that I could just collect my wages regardless of performance.

The next time Nelson plays and if he doesn''t improve I''m going to start a thread.........

Keep it up Nelson, you''re dreadful but you''ve another four years breathing space to catch up with the Doc.

is further evidence that hes a decent player not the only evidence

Are you for real? slagging players off wont effect them? how do you know they dont read this board?

Im not slagging people for having an opinion but most slag hoolahan off due to him not being as good as what they expected  so they are bitter with him or becuase they have read he wants to leave so become bitter that way, thats what im slagging off. as for it not effecting the players, maybe your right becuase Jamie Cureton has responded well since being booed hasnt he?! oh no wait he hasnt really has he.

[/quote]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

urmm....... Two goals in very quick succesion from Andy Reid both from the right back position, where was semmy?

[/quote]

Ok Lincoln.  His opponent was left in acres of space for the 1st goal because Otsemobor was overlapping down the wing, as he should do when we''re attacking, and WHALEY gave the ball straight to a Sunderland player in the centre circle.  Reid was off, pass, goal. Semi didn''t even have time to turn around.  The second goal, if you''d like to watch again,  Semi had to go across to tackle Carlos Edwards, who was unmarked in the penalty area due to the lack of a centre half. Edwards immediately crossed, as he knew Semi had him, to an unmarked Andy Reid who had just made a run past WHALEY who didn''t even look and was just jogging back

All last season people were knocking Semi for getting vertigo if he crossed the halfway line (me too by the way) and now Lambert has him doing just that, and becoming a real attacking threat, he''s being criticised.  Poor bloke can''t win.  He was, however, blameless for all 4 goals last night.  If you have any doubts may I suggest that you watch the game again.

[/quote]

Good post!

I also wonder how many ''fans'' of this site even attend games!! I was there ''supporting'' the team last night!

Goal 2: (referred to as 1 below) Semi was not overlapping on the wing, when the ball was lost Semi was stood on the about 8m inside the Sunderland half on the center circle line

Goal 3: (referred to as 2 below) the unmarked Andy Reid ran past Semi not Whaley

[quote]

Ok Lincoln.  His opponent was left in acres of space for the 1st goal because Otsemobor was overlapping down the wing, as he should do when we''re attacking, and WHALEY gave the ball straight to a Sunderland player in the centre circle.  Reid was off, pass, goal. Semi didn''t even have time to turn around.  The second goal, if you''d like to watch again,  Semi had to go across to tackle Carlos Edwards, who was unmarked in the penalty area due to the lack of a centre half. Edwards immediately crossed, as he knew Semi had him, to an unmarked Andy Reid who had just made a run past WHALEY who didn''t even look and was just jogging back

[/quote]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]EVERY CLUB WILL HAVE THE SAME STUFF HAPPENING TO THEM, its not just Norwich you know, go and support another team, it will be exactually the same[/quote]

Yes mate go and look at Birmingham city website, I visit it quite oftern, cheaper to keep in touch with family that way, but they are all slating the team and manager, he takes them back up at first attempt but it''s  not good enought for them, believe me we as fans are very much admired by them   

[/quote]agreed,wht i saw of reids goals was nobody was marking,nobody was helping out but reids chip was quality it would have been probarley saved in any other kind of shot from tht distance 

While i like Hoolahan... he''s not delivering and other than a bright spell of form during the early part of Gunn''s reign he hasn''t delivered since he got here.

He won''t put in a cross when it''s needed, instead he''ll try and beat his player 4 or 5 times.

For me he shouldn''t be in the team at the moment.