Sign in to follow this  
canaries1985

why not try otsemebor right wing?

All the talk of whaley or mcveigh why not try otsemebor on the wing hes quick puts a good cross in and cant defend so y not push him up and get dumic or someone right back. hes our quickest player and needs a lot of encouragement to run with it playing in the back line but i think if we push him in midfield he''ll really worry some defenders with his pace and power. At worst he''ll win a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions for lappin to cross and holt to score - simples :)

Thought we tried that Monday, seriously I just don''t think he has the correct attitude for ay position in the team.I would persevere with WLY and hope with any money received on outgoing players that a little could be spared for Adamoh at Barnet, now he is pacy with a decent cross.

[quote user="canaries1985"]All the talk of whaley or mcveigh why not try otsemebor on the wing hes quick puts a good cross in and cant defend so y not push him up and get dumic or someone right back. hes our quickest player and needs a lot of encouragement to run with it playing in the back line but i think if we push him in midfield he''ll really worry some defenders with his pace and power. At worst he''ll win a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions for lappin to cross and holt to score - simples :)[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea (I suggested it on another thread!).  If it works for Lappin then why not Semi?

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[quote user="canaries1985"]All the talk of whaley or mcveigh why not try otsemebor on the wing hes quick puts a good cross in and cant defend so y not push him up and get dumic or someone right back. hes our quickest player and needs a lot of encouragement to run with it playing in the back line but i think if we push him in midfield he''ll really worry some defenders with his pace and power. At worst he''ll win a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions for lappin to cross and holt to score - simples :)[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea (I suggested it on another thread!).  If it works for Lappin then why not Semi?

[/quote]

Because Lappin''s natural position is left wing thats why.

[quote user="canaries1985"]All the talk of whaley or mcveigh why not try otsemebor on the wing hes quick puts a good cross in and cant defend so y not push him up and get dumic or someone right back. hes our quickest player and needs a lot of encouragement to run with it playing in the back line but i think if we push him in midfield he''ll really worry some defenders with his pace and power. At worst he''ll win a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions for lappin to cross and holt to score - simples :)[/quote]Didn''t we try Jon on the wing during pre-season?

Did try it earlier and Lambert moved Semmy up to the wing when Korey Smith came on against Sunderland. Not much time to see, but at least Lambert was thinking that way. Perhaps suggested by Crook?

Oh god not this again.If a player is poor in his lifetime favoured and trained for position, why will playing him out of position suddenly make him any better?