Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Tudor Jones

Im not really sure about him and only saw him play for the 1st time yesturday, and imo i think he was the worst player on the pitch.

Can anyone who has seen him in friendlys or the col u game, tell me more about him please!!

I just don''t see where he fits in!

you are obviously another Norwich fan who has chosen to turn a blind eye to Jon Otsemobor and Gary Doherty''s terrible performance''s.

Doherty I used to rate when everyone else was slating him but there were no excuses or hiding places last night

Thats the third time Ive seen Tudur-Jones play and believe it or not that was probably his best performance of the lot. He got forward more and had a couple of efforts on goal, but really didn''t cause sunderland any problems when they had the ball, which is what you need from a big centre mid like him - a few heavy challenges

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

you are obviously another Norwich fan who has chosen to turn a blind eye to Jon Otsemobor and Gary Doherty''s terrible performance''s.

Doherty I used to rate when everyone else was slating him but there were no excuses or hiding places last night

[/quote]

so your telling me, that you thought OTJones was good???

[quote user="Elvis Hammond"][quote user="Fluff"]Tall, lazy and useless! [/quote]
Spot on!
[/quote]

tall, lazy spot on!!

useless?? give him one more match!

[/quote]

......and you are obviously another Norwich "fan" who turns two blind eyes to mistakes and poor performances from everyone except Jon Otsemobor and Gary Doherty!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Elvis Hammond"][quote user="Fluff"]Tall, lazy and useless! [/quote]
Spot on!
[/quote]

tall, lazy spot on!!

useless?? give him one more match!

[/quote]

He is not good enough which is why he could not get in the Swansea team and Swindon did not bid much for him having had him on loan. Does nothing, absolutely nothing!

If i''m honest, i thought Adeyemi, tudor-Jones, Doherty and Whaley played badly, holt didnt cause much trouble... And the subs, well Chris martin shud have made it 3 - 2. Cody played well at both ends but i didnt even know that Smith had been brought on!

Adeyemi also had a terrible game yesterday. Both him and Tudor Jones need to play along with someone who can pass and keep the ball - like Hughes. Or I would even like to try Wes in a central midfield role.For sure, we can''t use a combination of Tudor Jones, Adeyemi and Gill. Korey Smith I don''t know much about - what''s his strenghs and weaknesses?

[quote user="Aza (K1CK 1T 0FF)"]If i''m honest, i thought Adeyemi, tudor-Jones, Doherty and Whaley played badly, holt didnt cause much trouble... And the subs, well Chris martin shud have made it 3 - 2. Cody played well at both ends but i didnt even know that Smith had been brought on!

hard to please, obviuosly!

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

......and you are obviously another Norwich "fan" who turns two blind eyes to mistakes and poor performances from everyone except Jon Otsemobor and Gary Doherty!

[/quote]I don''t think you read refjezhitchin''s post properly. He states quite clearly that whilst everyone has been on the "it''s all Doc''s fault" bandwagon, he has defended the Doc. As have I. But last night, he was absolute rubbish, there''s no getting away from it. He''s usually clumsy but effective, last night he was just clumsy. The fourth goal summed it up - he was too busy concentrating on pulling the shirt of his man to watch the ball coming in to the box. Which then bounced off the back of his head. Not good.

Yeah, i''m not a fan of Tudor Jones. He doesn''t seem to use his size to his advantage, and considering his size doesn''t come over to be all that strong. I''m not even sure whether he''s supposed to be an attacking or holding midfielder, because he hasn''t done either particularly well so far.

Tudur Jones reminds me a lot of Dickson Etuhu i.e soemone with all the attributes to be a really effective player but lacks the drive and desire to make the kind of impact he should

[/quote]

Ok, I''m not a huge Otsemobor fan by any stretch of the imagination, but you tell me, what was wrong with his performance last night?  Sounds like a classic case of scapegoatitis just because you don''t like him.

Sorry, back on topic, yes OTJ was bloody awful last night.  He started the season ok but seems to have completely lost confidence.  I''m hoping he''s young enough to improve under Lambert so I''d keep him.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

Tudur Jones reminds me a lot of Dickson Etuhu i.e soemone with all the attributes to be a really effective player but lacks the drive and desire to make the kind of impact he should

[/quote]

yeah defo, but he needs to show it week in week out!!

What is his role? Defensive midfielder? Attacking Midfielder? Midfielder??!!! I can''t work out what role he is in? I''ve seen him 3 times now and seems to go missing for large parts of the game.....about 85mins of it!

I actually thought Tudor-Jones was reasonable last night, i think most of his work is done breaking up play and getting rid quickly, what he done fairly effectively, you must remember he was up against premiership opposition last night and in my opinion had to cover for Adeyemi who looked a little out of sorts.

Of more concern to me was how poor the Doc and Whalley were, after hearing the teams i thought they would rip us apart down our left with Lappin (not being a left back) and Hoolahan (wonders all over) however 2 of their goals came down our right side where i thought we would have been quite strong! And no i dont actually blame Otsemeboor for the goals!!

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[/quote]

Exactly what i said at the game last night

Scooby. I''m pleased that I''m not the only one curious as to why Otsemobor is so poorly rated for his game last night. I thought he was largely sound against a terrific Sunderland side on the break. His cross set up our goal. As for Tudur Jones, I thought he was very disappointing, and doesn''t seem capable of replicating his preseason form, which was good. Strange that Toshack sees him as a future captain of the Welsh national team.

"I think this is an excellent signing providing he stays fit." - The Chirp"i am really surprised a championship club hasn''t gone in for him... in fact until i see him holding up a norwich shirt next to gunny i will worry one might come and get him." - The Chirp again"brilliant signing, quality lower league player with bags of potential." - Fuglestad"but if he stays fit he''ll be a real asset to the club" - Canary_on_the_trent"Would be an ambitous signing in my eyes." - JuanVelasco"I personally think this would be a terrific signing so fingers crossed it comes off" - lincoln canary"Potentially a very good signing" - crafty canary"I''ll seriously re-think the whole ''Gunn is a bad manager'' thing if we land this guy. He''s a very good player." - Chunky Norwich

It really makes me laugh how we all slate players we have as not good enough or lazy, yet like Etuhu got slated he now plays regularly in a top 7 prem team!!

By the way thats statistically the 7th best team in the country, makes me laugh!!

Is there another forum board for NCFC fans cos I watch on here everyday how one minute Hooli is god, then he''s apparently transformed over night to sh!te and we shud get rid.

TO BE POSITIVE = i thought we did considerably well last night against a team that is 6th in the prem lets not forget and is having their best start to a season for yonks!! so for gods sake, not all the players are guna play well but with th saves i saw Gordon make in goal we could of had 3 ourselves!!

If it was league one their keeper wouldnt have saved those, and we wouldnt have been penetrated so easily as the opposition i.e. wycombe, yeovil etc.... wont b able to do what they did.

So shut up gettin on players backs im sure by christmas the ones hat are geting slated now will come good once they find their feet, and the ones that play well will want a move a they always do and get complacent. I think that from watchin the effort and intent of last nights play we have finally botoomed out and things are now starting from square 1 again.

Now let the slating begin s its what were all so good at on here anyway isn''t it?

Saw him against Brentford and he was dreadful along with Gill, which is why they got completely dropped against Wycombe. He is 6''4 and didnt even win a header against Brentwood. Unfortunately he is the same type of run of the mill player we continue to sign in such a key position!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]"I think this is an excellent signing providing he stays fit." - The Chirp

"i am really surprised a championship club hasn''t gone in for him...
in fact until i see him holding up a norwich shirt next to gunny i will worry one might come and get him." - The Chirp again

"brilliant signing, quality lower league player with bags of potential." - Fuglestad

"but if he stays fit he''ll be a real asset to the club" - Canary_on_the_trent

"Would be an ambitous signing in my eyes." - JuanVelasco

"I personally think this would be a terrific signing so fingers crossed it comes off" - lincoln canary

"Potentially a very good signing" - crafty canary

"I''ll seriously re-think the whole ''Gunn is a bad manager'' thing if we land this guy. He''s a very good player." - Chunky Norwich

[/quote]

I completely stand by my comments. However, I will not judge any player on 3 games, especially under the circumstances. I think Tudor-Jones has potential and I think he will, either at Norwich or elsewhere, be a good league 1 player.

At One Point In The Match Someone Went To Pass OTJ The Ball And He Held His Hands Up And Ran Away!!!! He Spent The Whole Game Just Running Up And Down The Pitch!