Sign in to follow this  
keyser Soze

Low attendance.... Good atmosphere

[quote user="riers"]it was a good laugh in the barclay.  so what if we lost, we were playing a premiership side afterall and we gave a good account of ourselves.  its only the league cup.
[/quote]

Yes we played well, had a lot of the ball kept them in thier own half for a lot of the game, they were however great on the break and caught us out, and anyone who was there last night must have thought the same as me, if we cntinue to play like that in the league we have every chance of climbing the table and ''m a S T holder also   

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Very very good atmosphere. To be losing 4-1 but still get right behind the team is a tribute to the fans of this club. Even Andy Reid will be saying he enjoyed the banter I expect[/quote]

Agreed. 4-1 isn''t exactly something to be proud about, but why should the fans have to stay quiet or moan at the team, we deserve to enjoy the game and i think getting behind the team will raise the spirits more than booing them, leaving the ground or giving up on them

I had a laugh, personally.

Thought we played alright, and Sunderland were superb on the break. When the atmosphere did improve in the second half it wasn''t bad at all.

Sat in my normal seat in the very empty Snakepit, and was surprised how few of the regulars there was. I even got told ''It''s only a game'' by some young lass sitting behind me, whilst i gave Andy Reid some stick. Made me laugh.

Bloomin'' stewards though, nicking our inflatable ball... 

[quote user="grrrr person"]

I had a laugh, personally.

Thought we played alright, and Sunderland were superb on the break. When the atmosphere did improve in the second half it wasn''t bad at all.

Sat in my normal seat in the very empty Snakepit, and was surprised how few of the regulars there was. I even got told ''It''s only a game'' by some young lass sitting behind me, whilst i gave Andy Reid some stick. Made me laugh.

Bloomin'' stewards though, nicking our inflatable ball... 

[/quote]I didn''t see anyone walk away from the game on a low. We were always going to lose and it was obvious that Lambert was using the match to have a look at some of the squad. Had that been a league game it''s a whole different kettle of fish but against a PL side being able to have a laugh at the end made it fun in a strange way.Cody is making himself quite the cult hero and by god we need one of those to get behind every once in a while!Cam started a thread on here a while ago about the last time you enjoyed watching a game for what it was - I''ll add Monday night''s to my list.p.s. It''s always annoying when someone nicks your ball...[:P]

Spot on Lisa. If it''d been a league game i''d have left Carra Rud feeling mortified.

Luckily, it wasn''t! And it''s certainly been a few years now since i''ve been able to watch a defeat with a smile on my face and just enjoy the football for what it is. Quite refreshing, in all honesty.

And i''m still messin'' up your quote blocks, i see.... ;o)

I Sat In Jarrold And Got Told To Shut Up! And It Hasn''t Been The First Time Either. Some People Need To Lighten Up. Seriously, What Is The Point Of Going To A Match If You Are Just Going To Sit Still The Whole Time Silent! Grrrrr. It Was The Best Match I Have Been To In A While Regarding Atmosphere, Especially The Last 10 Minutes Or So!! Even If All The Noise Was Floating Over From The Barclay :)

"I Sat In Jarrold And Got Told To Shut Up!"

Me too! I was also in Jarrold and got told to sit down and stop shouting.I''ve got a ticket for Barclay next time.

My son-in-law who is the most knowledgeable football fan I know, and lives up north, watched us on Sky on Monday evening. According to my daughter, he kept saying throughout the first half,'' god they''re playing well... this is amazing...what a turnaround, (he last saw us play at C Rud last season against Swansea). He is not known for his exaggeration, and he is concerned about our poor defence. What happened on Monday, despite what the Press would have us believe, was the cracking game we all watched; and we responded to the performance to create a great atmosphere. The Jarrold (where I sit, and sing and stand), is just going to have to get used to it!

[quote user="Helen"]

"I Sat In Jarrold And Got Told To Shut Up!"

Me too! I was also in Jarrold and got told to sit down and stop shouting.I''ve got a ticket for Barclay next time.

[/quote]

Well sorry to hear that mate, but thats what happens when you sit in the Library, come and join us in Lower Barclay E, we have fun  Ask Jerry  

[quote user="something"]

And i''m still messin'' up your quote blocks, i see.... ;o)

[/quote]Grrr... [:P]

I agree Pete, the LB is great most of the time, along with the snakepit, we must be the only two stands to start chanting.

Years ago, it used to be the barclay chanting to the river end ''''sing up the river end'''' or ''''can you hear the riverend sing nooooo noooooo'''' lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I agree Pete, the LB is great most of the time, along with the snakepit, we must be the only two stands to start chanting.

Years ago, it used to be the barclay chanting to the river end ''''sing up the river end'''' or ''''can you hear the riverend sing nooooo noooooo'''' lol

[/quote]

It was good to see Paul Mc having a laugh when he came to take the corners in the Whycome game every time we sang his tune, long may we continue to chant like that

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]I haven''t heard that for a few years, but I don''t agree.  The Barclay has the reputation for being the best atmosphere etc, and yes a lot of the chants may come from there, but it''s reputation exceeds itself.To the people who got told to shut up in the Jarrold, I don''t know where you were sitting, but my season ticket is in Block K, and there were not many season ticket holders in there on Monday night.  That would never happen at a league game and I can only assume it was some numpty who never usually goes.

Well I Got Told To Shut Up And Got Dirty Looks Whenever I Cheered/Clapped Or Shouted In Blocks N And O Of Jarrold. Been In Block J Before, That Was Pretty Good. Going In Barclay Next Time Though Yay! [:D]

[quote user="keyser Soze"]Just goes to show what the majority of the season ticket holders contribute.

And it was nice to have a bit more elbow and leg room![/quote]

Have to make a little observation here,

even with the low attendance, we still managed to get one of the highest if not the highest attendance in the compitition so far