Sign in to follow this  
keyser Soze

Low attendance.... Good atmosphere

Weird. I didn''t think they were always going to beat us. If we had scored in the first 10 mins when we applied pressure it may have been different. Also, i didn''t think we were outclassed all over the park by any means. Grant Holt bullied them and we created a host a chances in the first half. If their lucky 4th hadn''t gone in at the moment it did we may have put the wind up them a bit. That said the finish for the second was class.Oh and the Jerry thing was fun, (poor chap, we musn''t, otherwise he''ll never be there again)  but only because E block had relatively few of the season ticket holders and we all treated it like a pre season friendly.  Still if we keep it up,  the chief  man in a jacket won''t be pleased...!

[quote user="Chrisr"]Weird. I didn''t think they were always going to beat us.

If we had scored in the first 10 mins when we applied pressure it may have been different. Also, i didn''t think we were outclassed all over the park by any means. Grant Holt bullied them and we created a host a chances in the first half. If their lucky 4th hadn''t gone in at the moment it did we may have put the wind up them a bit. That said the finish for the second was class.

Oh and the Jerry thing was fun, (poor chap, we musn''t, otherwise he''ll never be there again)  but only because E block had relatively few of the season ticket holders and we all treated it like a pre season friendly.  Still if we keep it up,  the chief  man in a jacket won''t be pleased...!
[/quote]

Agreed...I never went down there thinking we were going to get beat, Sunderland may be a half decent team but they''re certainly not among the prem teams that you''d say we had no chance against. Had Whaley taken his chance who knows what might have happened, even though they deserved to win I certainly thought 4-1 was a bit harsh on us tbh. We could easily have scored four ourselves were it not for their keeper and to much fannying around by our players in the box.

Some people really need to lighten up.

I don''t think i''ve ever enjoyed a 4-1 defeat more. On the whole it was a good, attractive game of football and i think we more than held our own against a good quality premiership side. With a little better finishing and a lot better defending it could have been interesting

And the standing ovation for Cody was just superb

Your right i didn''t think we were going to lose but was expecting it if we had scored when we were pressuring them in the first 20 mins then it would have been a different story.

The fact is Lambert played put out a team to check on a few of the donkeys. He knows who they are so it was very beneficial for him.

Meanwhile it was a good entertaining game and if I see Muffin running out at Hartlepool I will kill myself.

To all the people who are moaning about the ole''s etc, its a cup game against a good team for pete''s sake, not a funeral!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The fact is Lambert played put out a team to check on a few of the donkeys. He knows who they are so it was very beneficial for him. Meanwhile it was a good entertaining game and if I see Muffin running out at Hartlepool I will kill myself.[/quote]

There''s something you may live to regret saying. [:O]

Is Spillane suspended[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The fact is Lambert played put out a team to check on a few of the donkeys. He knows who they are so it was very beneficial for him. Meanwhile it was a good entertaining game and if I see Muffin running out at Hartlepool I will kill myself.[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure PL will form a judgment as to who the donkeys are.  The question really is will you be able to sell them to some unsuspecting football club or will you just keep on paying players never seen again.[:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I am sure PL will form a judgment as to who the donkeys are.  The question really is will you be able to sell them to some unsuspecting football club or will you just keep on paying players never seen again.[:)]

[/quote]

PS: or as some bloke called Dion Dublin said: "It doesn''t make any sense.You bring Gunn in, give him the job, let him hire all the players and then fire him and then appoint someone else after a poor game and then a win and whoever it is will be stuck with players he doesn''t want or didn''t choose.  Doesn''t seem very good to me."[:|]

Cam.. didn''t you have an issue with Lambert over some of the players he ignored? A goalkeeper maybe? Or is my memory playing tricks[*-)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: or as some bloke called Dion Dublin said: "It doesn''t make any sense.You bring Gunn in, give him the job, let him hire all the players and then fire him and then appoint someone else after a poor game and then a win and whoever it is will be stuck with players he doesn''t want or didn''t choose.  Doesn''t seem very good to me."[:|]

[/quote]

Thats about the 3rd thread in a space of 5 mins you''ve taken off topic Cam, we know you don''t like our club, we know you don''t like the way its run , we know you don''t like our manager anymore, we know you don''t like Archant, we know you don''t like our journos so why not run away and play on a ColU forum where they''ll appreciate the depth of your knowledge much more than us [:D]

www.cu-fc.com 

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"]Yeahh, full of kids..[/quote]What is your problem? It was a good laugh and I think once it hit 3-0 most fans thought "well, we are playing a Premiership side" and started to enjoy themselves. What were any of us expecting against a established side? Credit to the fans, it was my Swedish girlfriends first experience of English football and she loved it!

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"]Is that your idea of a good time?[/quote]Mate, just get out of this thread will ya? Nobody cares about your miserable comments that you didn''t enjoy getting beaten by a team 2 leagues above us.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats about the 3rd thread in a space of 5 mins you''ve taken off topic Cam, we know you don''t like our club, we know you don''t like the way its run , we know you don''t like our manager anymore, we know you don''t like Archant, we know you don''t like our journos so why not run away and play on a ColU forum where they''ll appreciate the depth of your knowledge much more than us [:D]

www.cu-fc.com 

[/quote]

We?

You do realise you don''t speak for all of us don''t you?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Bruce said something similar, it''s just the managers union (or hopeful managers union).  They probably aren''t aware of the comings and goings in the boardroom either.  It just makes them sound like typical pundits - as soon as they mention anything that you happen to know something about, it makes you realise how lazy and superficial their comments are.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How do you know the 12,000 wern''t all season ticket holders?[/quote]I''m not and neither were the 4 people I sat with...so thats 5 you can count off.I was trying to build Swedish contingent. May have been an epic fail but it was fun trying!

[quote user="HappyhammerAndy"]Just looked at Sky sports news for the football results. It said that the attendance at Carrow Rd. for tonight''s game was just over 12,000 people, can''t be right can it, mistake?

[/quote]

Sadly Andy that was the case, apart from a few chants here and there after half time the atmosphere was as flat as i''ve heard it in a long while.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

www.cu-fc.com 

[/quote]

We?

[/quote]Well said, I''m sick and tired of CA speaking for all of us when it comes to Cam.  She clearly does not like him, but I think he adds something to this board, perhaps CA doesn''t like him upsetting the hierarchy.WAY, I didn''t think the atmosphere was too flat last night, yes not the same as a cup game but towards the end of the match for 12k it wasn''t too bad was it.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

www.cu-fc.com 

[/quote]

We?

[/quote]

Well said, I''m sick and tired of CA speaking for all of us when it comes to Cam.  She clearly does not like him, but I think he adds something to this board, perhaps CA doesn''t like him upsetting the hierarchy.

WAY, I didn''t think the atmosphere was too flat last night, yes not the same as a cup game but towards the end of the match for 12k it wasn''t too bad was it.
[/quote]

It was flat lol like I said it had it''s moments of chanting and singing, but sometimes it was that quiet I could hear the players shouting at eachother.

The Barclay was pretty empty though, but I thought for a crowd about half the normal size it was alright.  Hardly any of the season ticket holders were round, and it did mean the usual banter was not about.

Myself and my Brother took his son (obvously my nephew) to his first game last night.

I have to say i was very worried about him not enjoying the game, but he thouroughly enjoyed himself regardless of the score, I actually enjoyed myself to because it reminded me why i started supporting the club in the first place, because it gives you time with family members and friends and obviously the pre-match banter and songs,

He stood up with us and had learned on the ball city word for word and was not ashamed to wear his shirt even though he probably gets grief at school, this is the future of our club and i really hope he aswell as other younger fans can keep that enthusiasm and support the club as he/they get older, because slowly but surely the dire situation we are in at the moment is draining my love for the club!! Dont get me wrong  I will always go and support the team and will still go through the same routine and enjoy the whole football experience but i worry for the younger supporter that the stae of play will put them off!

Where we sit, all around us were the normal season ticket holders, the normal bunch of guys we see at normal games.  My friends sat in the Jarrold and they said both lower and upper barclay looked pretty empty.

I was in the city stand quite near to the directors box and considering the Barclay was only half full it sounded quite loud at times. It is the first time I have been in the City stand for years and it will be the last until I reach pensionable age, I thought the N + P was quiet but compared to the City stand it''s noisy. I  had the audacity to boo a Sunderland player and the woman in her 60''s sitting next to me gave me a dirty look, it was so quiet in there I swear the rest of the people were cardboard cutouts.