Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Foy

Glenn Foy's Thoughts

Right, first of all, I think if we had a better defence (had a right winger that could track back) we could have honestly won this game - probably over-optimism, but there you go.

I hold my hands up, I have been Doc fan up till tonight (I genuinely think he has been solid enough up to now) but his performance tonight wasn''t good enough - I''m suprised to people defending him.

He''s normally a lot better, and whilst he gives away silly free-kicks, he usually is a lot, lot better.

First goal, he should have been stronger/showed better balance, but I also think the tracking was poor from the midfield.

The second goal was also poor tracking. A good goal from Sunderland on Reids part, but so weak on our right side (particularly the lack of tracking from Whalley).

Again, third goal was good from Sunderland but we were extremely vulnerable on our right side. I think this was laziness from Otsemobor; as soon as we lost the ball in midfield he should have been sprinting back into position, but he didn''t.

Our goal was good, McDonald impressed me to find space and it was a good header/good following up by Hoolahan.

Final goal was poor from Doherty; something he would usually head away, but he should be dealing with the cross, it shouldn''t be allowed to bounce where it did in our box - I associate little blame to OTJ.

Match Ratings:

Alnwick - 6. Didn''t do much wrong, exposed by a poor defence.

Otsemobor - 4.5. Doesn''t know when to get forward and when to track back. His pace got him out of some situations, but was positionally poor for the game.

Spillane - 5. Got caught for pace for sending off.

The Doc - 4.5. Poor for first and last goal.

Lappin - 7. The left side looked a lot better/solid than the right, he sprayed some good passes around too.

Whalley - 4. Low because the right side was so weak. Missed a one on one, didn''t track back at all.

OTJ - 5. Pretty anonymous.

Adeyemi - 5. Again, pretty anonymous. Only 17 though, out of his depth against a Prem side; a lot to come from him this season against poorer opposition.

Holt - 7.5. MOM on our side. Wins headers, drives forward at oppurtunities, links well. Was taken off to rest for saturday.

Daley - 6. Good speed, however, like Adeyemi out of his depth against defenders that handled him well; more to come perhaps in the season.

Subs.

McDonald - 7. I''m a big fan of his. Made our goal, is determined. Big enough to go in goal at the end; probably a better keeper than Theoklatos!

Martin - 4.5. Still looks fat. Missed a good chance for us.

Smith - 5. Gave the ball away. Similar to Daley and Adeyemi.

Final Thoughts.

I think the first names on Lamberts team sheet are Alnwick if he''s fit (due to a shocking other keeper), Askou, Lappin, Hoolahan and Holt. I would start McDonald every other game, he needs to be eased into the team. Our right side looks weak though. I don''t think Whalley and Otsemabor can play together no matter how good/bad they are, i think it needs to be one or the other. I think Lambert is exactly right when he says our team needs ''legs'' though, in terms of playing some of the younger lads. They can handle it in League 1 just not yet against prem teams. I think we are a good enough attacking team and showed that tonight, but no where near solid enough at the back. I would personally put Lappin in centre mid for the weekend to sure things up in the centre, put drury left back to give hoolahan freedom (if he is still here), and play either Otsemobor of Whalley; we are too exposed if they are both playing. And that is that!

good point.

Hoolahan - 7. Tried to create, and did several times. No doubt a luxury player, but when he plays well he can win matches (as is well known).

"I think the first names on Lamberts team sheet are Alnwick if he''s fit"

You stupid stupid idiot.You must be blind,can''t you see that he has no ability,no confidence.Hopefully Alnwick will never play for Norwich again.If he does please please watch him more carefully than you surely have before,then you may come to the conclusion that he is crap as most other sensible Norwich supporters have done.

[quote user="marki61422"]"I think the first names on Lamberts team sheet are Alnwick if he''s fit"

You stupid stupid idiot.You must be blind,can''t you see that he has no ability,no confidence.Hopefully Alnwick will never play for Norwich again.If he does please please watch him more carefully than you surely have before,then you may come to the conclusion that he is crap as most other sensible Norwich supporters have done.[/quote]Well if most of them do, surely you could provide a link or two?[:^)]

[quote user="marki61422"]"I think the first names on Lamberts team sheet are Alnwick if he''s fit" You stupid stupid idiot.You must be blind,can''t you see that he has no ability,no confidence.Hopefully Alnwick will never play for Norwich again.If he does please please watch him more carefully than you surely have before,then you may come to the conclusion that he is crap as most other sensible Norwich supporters have done.[/quote]

While there is no need to call anyone an idiot i have to say I have not been too impressed with Alnwick.  His handling on crosses isn''t great and his place kicks are just as random as Marshalls were.  In fact in the games i''ve been to over 50% of his place kicks have been aimed at either McDonald or Cureton when clearly Holt is the target man.  I also don''t think he is brave enough.  If he had come out with his hands to collect the ball on Monday night the clash would not have been as bad.

He also made the same mistake in the first half which nearly led to a goal.  I personally would rather see us blooding one of our own youngsters.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[quote user="marki61422"]"I think the first names on Lamberts team sheet are Alnwick if he''s fit" You stupid stupid idiot.You must be blind,can''t you see that he has no ability,no confidence.Hopefully Alnwick will never play for Norwich again.If he does please please watch him more carefully than you surely have before,then you may come to the conclusion that he is crap as most other sensible Norwich supporters have done.[/quote]

While there is no need to call anyone an idiot i have to say I have not been too impressed with Alnwick.  His handling on crosses isn''t great and his place kicks are just as random as Marshalls were.  In fact in the games i''ve been to over 50% of his place kicks have been aimed at either McDonald or Cureton when clearly Holt is the target man.  I also don''t think he is brave enough.  If he had come out with his hands to collect the ball on Monday night the clash would not have been as bad.

He also made the same mistake in the first half which nearly led to a goal.  I personally would rather see us blooding one of our own youngsters.

[/quote]''blooding'', very droll.

[quote user="Glenn Foy" I think this was laziness from Otsemobor; as soon as we lost the ball in midfield he should have been sprinting back into position, but he didn''t.  ]

Erm no!  If you are going to make comments about players at least make them accurate.  I guess you didn''t watch the game then?  For the 3rd goal Otsemobor was the LAST DEFENDER, on his own in the penalty area trying to stop the guy who passed the ball to Reid.  Kind of makes it difficult to sprint back in to position if you''re already there!  WATCH THE GAME!!

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

What a completely rubbish and inaccurate statement.  His handling on crosses has been very solid, his kicking superb and has even been praised by people for its length and accuracy and, as for bravery? What a ridiculous thing to say.  I suppose you thought he went in with his arse did you? Had he not been brave I doubt he would have ended up where he did.

Alnwick is a bloody good keeper and I would be happy if he stayed all season.

As for you Marki, (10 year old''s spelling, 10 year old''s attitude)  If you''re going to start calling people stupid in your 3rd post I think you should disappear back from whence you came young man.

Alnwick is a bloody good keeper and I would be happy if he stayed all season.

As for you Marki, (10 year old''s spelling, 10 year old''s attitude) If you''re going to start calling people stupid in your 3rd post I think you should disappear back from whence you came young man.

You''ve just proved you are blind idiot,look again there is nothing wrong with my spelling.Once you''ve done that,start opening your eyes and watch ALNWICK then you will hopefully see that he is crap.Stop posting ignorant replies and sticking up for useless players.No wonder Norwich have fallen from the stars,when dickheads like you settle for crap all of the time.

[quote user="marki61422"]Alnwick is a bloody good keeper and I would be happy if he stayed all season.

As for you Marki, (10 year old''s spelling, 10 year old''s attitude) If you''re going to start calling people stupid in your 3rd post I think you should disappear back from whence you came young man.

You''ve just proved you are blind idiot,look again there is nothing wrong with my spelling.Once you''ve done that,start opening your eyes and watch ALNWICK then you will hopefully see that he is crap.Stop posting ignorant replies and sticking up for useless players.No wonder Norwich have fallen from the stars,when dickheads like you settle for crap all of the time.[/quote]HEY! Un-moderated board so I''ll be the first to say it. Calm yourself. Your opinion is as valid as the next one but less angry juice with your cereal please.

[quote user="marki61422"]Alnwick is a bloody good keeper and I would be happy if he stayed all season.

You''ve just proved you are blind idiot,look again there is nothing wrong with my spelling.Once you''ve done that,start opening your eyes and watch ALNWICK then you will hopefully see that he is crap.Stop posting ignorant replies and sticking up for useless players.No wonder Norwich have fallen from the stars,when dickheads like you settle for crap all of the time.[/quote]HEY! Un-moderated board so I''ll be the first to say it. Calm yourself. Your opinion is as valid as the next one but less angry juice with your cereal please.