Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Russell.... if not sold???

[quote user="glove1"]

If russell is not sold will he be played?? also what reaction would the fans give if he did play us knowing he doesnt want to be here??

[/quote]

I think it was a mistake to play hardball with Burnley. We should have accepted the reported £500k that was offered.

Burnley have had a good start so I think it unlikely they have much need to up their offer.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="glove1"]

If russell is not sold will he be played?? also what reaction would the fans give if he did play us knowing he doesnt want to be here??

[/quote]

I think it was a mistake to play hardball with Burnley. We should have accepted the reported £500k that was offered.

Burnley have had a good start so I think it unlikely they have much need to up their offer.

[/quote]

The question of Burnley''s offer for him came up in the Capital Canries AGM; apparently it was nowhere near the 600k quoted in the EDP

This will be interesting.  From what I read on the net sounds like Lambert will "want to take a look at him". 

If he is still here after transfer window shuts I think he has to be considered, not saying playing just considered part of the squad.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Todays EDP are saying it was 200k!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Todays EDP are saying it was 200k!

[/quote]That would make turning the offer down more understandable.

If he''s genuinely a want-away, then he should never play for us again. I think there should be a rule as well that if you hand in a transfer request, your wages get halved or suspended or something.

He''s average at best anyway and I can''t see why Premiership Burnley want him.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If he''s genuinely a want-away, then he should never play for us again. I think there should be a rule as well that if you hand in a transfer request, your wages get halved or suspended or something.

He''s average at best anyway and I can''t see why Premiership Burnley want him.[/quote]I agree something should be done,  as it stands he''ll sit on his arse until Christmas, then we''ll release him or sell him for sixpence and a bag of nuts.

Should be made to do a Lappin, if he wants to keep playing football he should be tested in the reserves for a while. If he does well, then he can work his way back into the starting line-up this way. Only a test of character like this will determine whether or not he ha a future here. Lappin shut his mouth and got on with it and is now getting rewarded. Russell does show ability from time to time, he needs to do so more often, not just to play for Norwich again but to get ANY team to come in for him again.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If he''s genuinely a want-away, then he should never play for us again. I think there should be a rule as well that if you hand in a transfer request, your wages get halved or suspended or something.

He''s average at best anyway and I can''t see why Premiership Burnley want him.[/quote]I agree something should be done,  as it stands he''ll sit on his arse until Christmas, then we''ll release him or sell him for sixpence and a bag of nuts.[/quote]Has he actually handed in a transfer request? I only ask as I''ve not actually seen any direct quotes in the media saying he wants away - and I think he was at the Norfolk Show not so long ago, signing things, which doesn''t really seem like the actions of someone not interested.Unless he''s contractually obligated to do "public" stuff of course.