Sign in to follow this  
scrimmage

Training steps up a gear

Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.

Also - it''s worth noting that the players/fans were applauding the more relaxed atmosphere at Colney after Roeder had alienated everyone. Seems that this is now seen as ''too soft'', and we may be back to harder times for the players. Funny how things turn around.

The Norwich Fans tried the Roeder Bear''s methods of training, but it was far too hard indeed.

The Norwich Fans then tried Gunny Bear''s relaxed way of training the players but, as it turned out, this too was unsuitable as it was far too soft.

The Norwich Fans finally came across the Lambeart style of training, and it was... juuuuust right? I guess we''ll have to wait and see...

Hmmm, don''t forget Gunny started off the same way and with the same effect and then went on to an overwhelming 4-0 victory which then turned out to be a winning run of ONE !

Lambert is only matching him at the moment with one 5-2 win and we must hope the opening euphoria doesn''t wear off  !

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]Yes, we saw an upturn in PERFORMANCE, just the one [;)] Hopefully Lambert can keep up the performances unlike Gunn

[quote user="Mason 47"]

The Norwich Fans tried the Roeder Bear''s methods of training, but it was far too hard indeed.

The Norwich Fans then tried Gunny Bear''s relaxed way of training the players but, as it turned out, this too was unsuitable as it was far too soft.

The Norwich Fans finally came across the Lambeart style of training, and it was... juuuuust right? I guess we''ll have to wait and see...

[/quote][:D]

Think its just one of those stupid football comments people say. A new manager is always going to give players a initial lift after the way we started

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]But the difference will constantly be that they will lose their place in the 11 if someone else is performing better in training / or if they have a mare through concentration or application. That much is already apparent. Nobody feels secure - even if they are the ''most talented in that position'' or have been nominated as captain.... Of course, this only affects motivation. It achieves nothing tactically of in terms of core skill. Some of the old dogs may not have it in them to learn any new tricks.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]

Yes, we saw an upturn in PERFORMANCE, just the one [;)] Hopefully Lambert can keep up the performances unlike Gunn
[/quote]

Stupid, stupid, stupid ! The 7-1 result was a freak result the same as Everton''s 6-1 home defeat. The fact that Gunn did not let his players'' heads drop but, instead, was able to motivate them so much is evidenced by the 4-0 defeat of Yeovil away from home only a few days later. Two games. Aggregate 7 - 5 against. Sacked. What a stupid, knee jerk, panic reaction which resulted from good old Delia kowtowing to the wishes of Mr David McNally the new MD out to make a name for himself who wants to spend thousands on an "investigation" of the pitch invasion by the Norwich Two by the head of Celtic''s security. How fecking ridiculous is that ? The money should be saved and spent on players. Good thing Mr McNally isn''t the MD of West Ham, he would be bringing in flipping Interpol, the CIA and the SAS. All that having been said, let''s hope that Lambert will be the one. Not holding my breath though.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]Yes, we saw an upturn in PERFORMANCE, just the one [;)] Hopefully Lambert can keep up the performances unlike Gunn[/quote]

Stupid, stupid, stupid ! The 7-1 result was a freak result the same as Everton''s 6-1 home defeat. The fact that Gunn did not let his players'' heads drop but, instead, was able to motivate them so much is evidenced by the 4-0 defeat of Yeovil away from home only a few days later. Two games. Aggregate 7 - 5 against. Sacked. What a stupid, knee jerk, panic reaction which resulted from good old Delia kowtowing to the wishes of Mr David McNally the new MD out to make a name for himself who wants to spend thousands on an "investigation" of the pitch invasion by the Norwich Two by the head of Celtic''s security. How fecking ridiculous is that ? The money should be saved and spent on players. Good thing Mr McNally isn''t the MD of West Ham, he would be bringing in flipping Interpol, the CIA and the SAS. All that having been said, let''s hope that Lambert will be the one. Not holding my breath though.

[/quote]1. Gunn isn''t a football manager and the people who gave him the role in the first place made a mistake. One which was corrected by McNally and the newly formed board as soon as they were able to implement change.2. Delia may be a figurehead but this constant referral to her alone being the person who must change her mind in order for personnel or policy to be altered at the top of the club is guff. But if you want to simplify the goings on in the board room at Carrow Road so that the key protagonists fit snugly onto each hand and make a nice Punch and Judy puppet show then fine - just don''t expect me to sit cross legged and dribbling while you portray the CEO smacking Delia over the head with a stick and squalking "that''s the way to do it"!3.  McNally already has a name for himself in football. Which is more than can be said for ANY other member of the board. 4. If people keep acting like goons at footy and interrupting the game so they can lurch about on the pitch then we have a problem. Don''t re-start all those arguments about the club bringing it on themselves and the passion of the support as this has already been discussed to death on previous threads. If stuff like this happens then something needs to be done about it. Potential nepitism I grant you, but if McNally respects the guy and thinks he can do a job then it''s none of your bum. I haven''t the energy to follow him round all day asking whether a particular tap really needs fixing or that carpet upstairs could have lasted another year.... But crucially - this last point you make has NOTHING, nothing at all to do with the original post, which was about training! God forbid we go one thread without someone piling their own agenda ridden guff into the mix for us all to negociate in order to discover more about and discuss.... what was it again? Oh yes TRAINING !Rant over.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]

Yes, we saw an upturn in PERFORMANCE, just the one [;)] Hopefully Lambert can keep up the performances unlike Gunn
[/quote]

[/quote]

1. Gunn isn''t a football manager and the people who gave him the role in the first place made a mistake. One which was corrected by McNally and the newly formed board as soon as they were able to implement change.

2. Delia may be a figurehead but this constant referral to her alone being the person who must change her mind in order for personnel or policy to be altered at the top of the club is guff. But if you want to simplify the goings on in the board room at Carrow Road so that the key protagonists fit snugly onto each hand and make a nice Punch and Judy puppet show then fine - just don''t expect me to sit cross legged and dribbling while you portray the CEO smacking Delia over the head with a stick and squalking "that''s the way to do it"!

3.  McNally already has a name for himself in football. Which is more than can be said for ANY other member of the board.

4. If people keep acting like goons at footy and interrupting the game so they can lurch about on the pitch then we have a problem. Don''t re-start all those arguments about the club bringing it on themselves and the passion of the support as this has already been discussed to death on previous threads. If stuff like this happens then something needs to be done about it. Potential nepitism I grant you, but if McNally respects the guy and thinks he can do a job then it''s none of your bum. I haven''t the energy to follow him round all day asking whether a particular tap really needs fixing or that carpet upstairs could have lasted another year.... But crucially - this last point you make has NOTHING, nothing at all to do with the original post, which was about training! God forbid we go one thread without someone piling their own agenda ridden guff into the mix for us all to negociate in order to discover more about and discuss.... what was it again? Oh yes TRAINING !

Rant over.
[/quote]

Completely disagree with you but I can''t be arsed to to run though a point by point reply except to say that all this business about McNally having a name for himself in football is vacuous. So what ? Let''s see what he really does bring to the club shall we ? Mr David McNally (expert on football apparently !) didn''t give Gunn the chance to prove himself with the players that he brought in so let''s hope that puffed up  Mr David McNally is given the chance to show what he can do. I must say that calling for an "investigation" into the pitch invasion at Carrow Road by a stupid father and his son is a pretty impressive start. What a complete joke. My opinion ? I think he''s a t_sser. Only my opinion of course.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Mark Smith"]Sounds good on there, but the way how Cody described things on Radio Norfolk was a little different. He talked about how the players were trying a bit harder to impress the new manager. Understandable, just as long as they don''t slip back into old ways after a couple of months. Remember, we also saw an upturn in performances when Gunn started.[/quote]Yes, we saw an upturn in PERFORMANCE, just the one [;)] Hopefully Lambert can keep up the performances unlike Gunn[/quote]

[/quote]1. Gunn isn''t a football manager and the people who gave him the role in the first place made a mistake. One which was corrected by McNally and the newly formed board as soon as they were able to implement change.2. Delia may be a figurehead but this constant referral to her alone being the person who must change her mind in order for personnel or policy to be altered at the top of the club is guff. But if you want to simplify the goings on in the board room at Carrow Road so that the key protagonists fit snugly onto each hand and make a nice Punch and Judy puppet show then fine - just don''t expect me to sit cross legged and dribbling while you portray the CEO smacking Delia over the head with a stick and squalking "that''s the way to do it"!3.  McNally already has a name for himself in football. Which is more than can be said for ANY other member of the board. 4. If people keep acting like goons at footy and interrupting the game so they can lurch about on the pitch then we have a problem. Don''t re-start all those arguments about the club bringing it on themselves and the passion of the support as this has already been discussed to death on previous threads. If stuff like this happens then something needs to be done about it. Potential nepitism I grant you, but if McNally respects the guy and thinks he can do a job then it''s none of your bum. I haven''t the energy to follow him round all day asking whether a particular tap really needs fixing or that carpet upstairs could have lasted another year.... But crucially - this last point you make has NOTHING, nothing at all to do with the original post, which was about training! God forbid we go one thread without someone piling their own agenda ridden guff into the mix for us all to negociate in order to discover more about and discuss.... what was it again? Oh yes TRAINING !Rant over.[/quote]

Completely disagree with you but I can''t be arsed to to run though a point by point reply except to say that all this business about McNally having a name for himself in football is vacuous. So what ? Let''s see what he really does bring to the club shall we ? Mr David McNally (expert on football apparently !) didn''t give Gunn the chance to prove himself with the players that he brought in so let''s hope that puffed up  Mr David McNally is given the chance to show what he can do. I must say that calling for an "investigation" into the pitch invasion at Carrow Road by a stupid father and his son is a pretty impressive start. What a complete joke. My opinion ? I think he''s a t_sser. Only my opinion of course.

[/quote]Fair dos. Guess we have to wait and see on McNally. I don''t know any more about him than you do but I''m not sure I agree that having someone with ambition for himself and the club as CEO is a bad thing. Am I to assume you have some personal reason for disliking the guy? An affiliation with the Carrow Road 2, or with Gunny?

Okay, pet peeve here. You don''t have to hit the quote button EVERY time you reply to someone. Get a room, or just type a response - no need to fill an entire page with stuff we''ve all read before (unless you want to select the bit you are particularly referring to)!!Anyways, I think Bob was missing the point. The fact of Gunn not keeping up performances was being made with regard to his first game, 4-0 win over Barnsley. He never managed to really get the players going. Fair enough, he had to wait till the summer to build a team he was happy with, but his sacking had little to do with the 7-1 defeat. His card was marked the moment MacNally and the other new Board members came into the picture. None of them were party to his appointment and it''s fair to say they wouldn''t have sanctioned it. This was presumption on the part of the rump of the previous Board, to install Gunn before sorting the top level positions out.For my view, I think a period of less intense training, under Gunn, was necessary for the team after Roeder. It is also now correct for a more committed style, if the team have any hopes of play-off football at the end of this season. Some may not like it - they''ll have to go (yes, Mr Otsemobor, I mean you!).Cheerio now - back off to the ''Kick It Off'' forum, where debate on football topics is valued higher than scoring points over fellow posters.Look it up if that appeals to you! [:P]

Good points Fat Barman. As annoying as you may have found the quote upon quote thing (message received and understood - I''ll knock back on that just for you) I think you''ll note that my point about valuing footy topics was the reason we were getting into it in the first place. I was responding to the training topic and venting spleen about having to debate security etc.

Indeed it was good to drag it back to the training debate - I sometimes think they should reallocate the ''Non-football'' section of the message board and make it the ''Football only'' forum, leaving the ''Main Discussion'' page for all those who are happy on the merry-go-round of pro/anti-Delia debates! [:)]

I totally agree about the quote button unless it''s relevant.

Like Bob Franklin, I''m still reserving judgment on Lambert. I still don''t get the ''proven success'' label Mc\Nally has given him and many people have simply accepted it as fact.

Grant, Roeder, and Gunn were all successful players, so that is nothing special in a manager. His record at Colchester last year wasn''t exactly inspiring (16 wins, 14 losses, 7 draws).

I''m not criticising him, just saying that the results he achieves will tell us what qualities he has as manager. Valuable points have been lost changing managers yet again, for an uncertain outcome to come.

I hope it works out for City''s sake, but it will take more than one win to prove a convincing success. OTBC!