Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who are Gunn's Wallies then?

Based on Monday night, I nominate a hapless duo - the statuesque Tudor Jones and the headless Whalley.

I wonder if they''ll be given a chance to prove me wrong?

OTBC

OTJ could be loaned out for a season or so ? How old is he, he looks quite young.Gill & Nelson are my picks for dudsGot a funny feeling we will all be thinking very differently of Mr Theohighgfghfjgfhgjfhgjfghfjkgfhgjfghfhgfhgfhgtis in a few months. Saying that i could be wrong !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]OTJ could be loaned out for a season or so ? How old is he, he looks quite young.Gill & Nelson are my picks for dudsGot a funny feeling we will all be thinking very differently of Mr Theohighgfghfjgfhgjfhgjfghfjkgfhgjfghfhgfhgfhgtis in a few months. Saying that i could be wrong !

[/quote]Thats easy for you to say

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ok, nominations so far are Tudor Jones, Whalley, Gill, Nelson & Theoklitos. Fair enough it seems to me.

Any others?

OTBC

[/quote]Isn''t that enough?

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ok, nominations so far are Tudor Jones, Whalley, Gill, Nelson & Theoklitos. Fair enough it seems to me.

Any others?

OTBC

[/quote]

Isn''t that enough?
[/quote]

One would dearly hope so.

It''ll be interesting to see if Lambert agrees.

And then if McNally agrees with Lambert.

[:)]

OTBC

I pretty much agree with Gill, Tudur Jones and Whalley - on performances so far.

On Theoklitos - yes he had a horrendus debut, but I think he must have alot more to offer..... I could be wrong there, however.

Nelson though, I feel there is a good player in there. He knows this division inside out having played - and captained - Hartlepool for many seasons. For him, Colchester may have been ''one of those days''. I would like him to be given another chance to show what he is capable of.

You simply cannot judge players on one or two games. Steve Bruce scored an own goal on his debut and went on to be a great player, whereas Marc Libbra had the debut of dreams only to sink without a trace.

I FOR ONE THINK WHALEY SHOULD BE GIVEN A BIT OF LEEWAY.HE IS ONLY 24 AND A FEW YEARS AGO WAS A VERY BRIGHT PROSPECT.MAYBE LAMBERT CAN BRING THE BEST OUT OF HIM.OTD IS A WELSH INTERNATIONAL WHO WILL GET BETTER.GILL WAS A PANIC ACQUISITION COS HE IS A LOCAL LAD MAYBE LEND HIM TO WROXHAM OR SOMEONE.NELSON IS TOO SLOW.DOCHERTY IS TOO SLOW.SPILLANE TOO INCONSISTANT.STEFANOVIC -  WHO KNOWS? HUGHES SEEMS A GOOD BUY BUT WE HAVENT SEEN HIM TOO MUCH.WOULD LIKE TO SEE MARIC GIVEN A RUN.NEED A KEEPER AND A CENTRE HALF WITH A BIT OF PACE.THEO AND NELSON = OZ AND HARTLEPOOL = CHIPPY AND BUTTERWORTH = DID GUNN SIGN THEM? PROBABLY BUT WITHOUT WATCHING THEM FIRST WHICH MAY HAVE BEEN THE CASE WITH A FEW.

HOPEFULLY GUNNS WALLIES WILL BECOME LAMBERTS LIONS (CELTIC REFERENCE) AND EVENTUALLY TEAR THIS LEAGUE UP

Canary Cop does like capital letters,doesn''t he?

As to the matter in hand,its easy to forget that, prior to his glory-filled reign as manager,Gunn was  allegedly in charge of "player recruitment". So presumably some of the other dead-beats that Grant and Roedent obtained (too many to mention) had at least a trace of BG''s fingerprints on them too.

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Theo, Nelson, Whaley, Maric, Gill[/quote]

Yeah, that Maric has looked real duff in all the games he has played...

...jeez, give me strength.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Theokilits, Nelson, OTD, Gill all look duff, not sure about Whalley, Not seen Maric.[/quote]

Us and thousands of others, how someone can label him a dud without seeing him play in a competitive match is beyond me.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Theokilits, Nelson, OTD, Gill all look duff, not sure about Whalley, Not seen Maric.[/quote]

Us and thousands of others, how someone can label him a dud without seeing him play in a competitive match is beyond me.

[/quote]

I didnt say Maric was a dud, I saidf I hadnt seen him.

He''s

not having a pop at you Arthur. He''s using your admission as an example

to Chris Martin who seems to have given up on Maric despite never

having see him. Which about sums up peoples approach to ''support'' these

days.While I''m on here, I''ve now seen Theo twice: once in pre season against

Palace and once during what will now be known as ''The Unfortunate

Event''. I agree with some of the other comments, that he may yet do a

job for us... Let''s give him a JPT run out I say.

[quote user="Romantic"]He''s not having a pop at you Arthur. He''s using your admission as an example to Chris Martin who seems to have given up on Maric despite never having see him. Which about sums up peoples approach to ''support'' these days.

While I''m on here, I''ve now seen Theo twice: once in pre season against Palace and once during what will now be known as ''The Unfortunate Event''. I agree with some of the other comments, that he may yet do a job for us... Let''s give him a JPT run out I say.[/quote]

The Paint Trophy may well be a good idea to see Theo again.

It''s hard to see how ANY of them should be judged so soon. One horrendous display against Colchester, then not many minutes for anyone to form an opinion. Gill picked up an injury, OTJ had international duty, Nelson and Whaley very little pitch time.I know pre-season is no guide to real matches, but there weren''t many people deriding the signings before the 7-1 defeat, were there?My preference is to see how they perform after half-a-dozen to a dozen games, before calling them duff buys. If Lambert feels they aren''t even worth that, well I''ll trust his judgement.OT (slightly) - does Hoolahan''s trip to Swansea hint at a bad time under Lambert, when he signed him at Livingstone? Maybe one of our ''Stars'' didn''t enjoy his previous spell with the new boss?

I know not everyone sees eye to eye with everyone else,and you get "clashes of personality",but is it me,or does this sort of thing seem to happen at Norwich City more than it does elsewhere.?

First,it was Worthington that a whole group of players could''t work with. Then there were stories of bust ups with Grant. Next,the reason for last season''s fiasco was put down to most players getting fed up with Roedent. Even Gunn was not immune. Now you are suggesting that Lambert cannot work with certain players.

What is going on FFS? Players are paid to perform . By Norwich City. For Norwich City. That should be an end to it.

[quote user="Romantic"]He''s not having a pop at you Arthur. He''s using your admission as an example to Chris Martin who seems to have given up on Maric despite never having see him. Which about sums up peoples approach to ''support'' these days.

[/quote]

Thanks for that Romantic, glad some peeps are keeping up with current events [:D] .

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Based on Monday night, I nominate a hapless duo - the statuesque Tudor Jones and the headless Whalley.

I wonder if they''ll be given a chance to prove me wrong?

OTBC

[/quote]

100% agree with you. Whaley only impressed me against Wigan. Thats it.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]It''s hard to see how ANY of them should be judged so soon. One horrendous display against Colchester, then not many minutes for anyone to form an opinion. Gill picked up an injury, OTJ had international duty, Nelson and Whaley very little pitch time.I know pre-season is no guide to real matches, but there weren''t many people deriding the signings before the 7-1 defeat, were there?My preference is to see how they perform after half-a-dozen to a dozen games, before calling them duff buys. If Lambert feels they aren''t even worth that, well I''ll trust his judgement.OT (slightly) - does Hoolahan''s trip to Swansea hint at a bad time under Lambert, when he signed him at Livingstone? Maybe one of our ''Stars'' didn''t enjoy his previous spell with the new boss?[/quote]Totally agree Fat B''man. Remember a certain Iwan Roberts being booed off the field after his first few games? And McVeigh was going nowhere until Worthington sorted him out and instilled a work ethic when he became one of our best players. Lappin has had endless stick on here until this season when suddenly everyone''s rooting for him (quite rightly). Whilst it''s natural to form opinions on games so far, let''s give these guys a chance, especially the young ones. Confidence is a big thing and there is still coaching to be done. It takes time to settle in to a new club and a new team - especially when there are so many new kids all feeling their way. Gill has a useful long throw and with a bit more steel could yet prove his worth.BTW - think Hoolahan''s trip to Swansea was arranged under Gunn at the tine of the Exeter trip - ie with McNally''s blessing/insistence. Others have posted that one of Gunn''s mistakes was to back track on an agreement to sell Hoolahan to fund the new players. If so, it could be that Hoolahan himself pulled out of talks when he heard Lambert was on his way. But Lambert could still be under pressure to sell - especially if he has ohter players he wants to buy.