Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

The real reason Gunn was sacked!

Ok, i often post a lot of tosh on here, but its mainly just for fun or taking the michale out of other members on here.

I have just arrived back in Norfolk to spend the bank holiday here. I have just been speaking to a friend who has strong connections at the club and the first thing they said to me was...did you hear why Gunn got sacked??

They they went on to tell me that there was a huge bust up in the dressing room between a player and gunn after the colchester game, the player complaining about the keeper and apparently Gunn stepped in and got physical with a player.

Not sure if anyone else has heard this story too. I bet gunn can pack a fairly good punch though.

OTBC

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Ok, i often post a lot of tosh on here, but its mainly just for fun or taking the michale out of other members on here.

I have just arrived back in Norfolk to spend the bank holiday here. I have just been speaking to a friend who has strong connections at the club and the first thing they said to me was...did you hear why Gunn got sacked??

They they went on to tell me that there was a huge bust up in the dressing room between a player and gunn after the colchester game, the player complaining about the keeper and apparently Gunn stepped in and got physical with a player.

Not sure if anyone else has heard this story too. I bet gunn can pack a fairly good punch though.

OTBC[/quote]Didn''t McNally say the players only know half the story? The players would know about that!

Sorry, don''t believe this one either - surely he would have been sacked on the spot or after the match in this case?

No, no, no. Gunn went for two reasons;

1. He & Crook had a barny at half time of the Colchester game when Crook wanted a triple substitution - including the keeper. Gunn & Butterbrain said no. Crook chellenged Gunn to ''put his coaching badges on the table'' (of which there are none) and the two of them argued big time.

2. The two fans who threw their season tickets in Gunn''s direction were viewed by the Board as acting out what 20,000+ were feeling - the Board then met on the Sunday before the cup win and decided to dispose of Gunn.

[quote user="james norwich"]

No, no, no. Gunn went for two reasons;

1. He & Crook had a barny at half time of the Colchester game when Crook wanted a triple substitution - including the keeper. Gunn & Butterbrain said no. Crook chellenged Gunn to ''put his coaching badges on the table'' (of which there are none) and the two of them argued big time.

2. The two fans who threw their season tickets in Gunn''s direction were viewed by the Board as acting out what 20,000+ were feeling - the Board then met on the Sunday before the cup win and decided to dispose of Gunn.

[/quote]

I have heard from a number of people around the club that Number 1 is true and that they almost came to blows.

"the Board then met on the Sunday before the cup win and decided to dispose of Gunn."

I thought it was well-established that the Board didn''t meet until Thursday.

Are you saying they met on sunday and then met again on Thursday?

In any case, he''s gone and we have a new manager.

Let''s just move on!

;o)

The reason for poor Gunny''s dismissal was a mix of seven months of poor results, one atrocious one, the fact that he was appointed without the approval of much of the current board (and, indeed, much of the previous board) and a shift in the balance of power on the Board.   There was a "trigger" event, but it was not what was suggested on this thread.  And at the end of the day, it was just a trigger.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Ok, i often post a lot of tosh on here, but its mainly just for fun or taking the michale out of other members on here.

OTBC[/quote]

Ha,ha, after the tosh you''ve posted in the past.[:|]My money is on the Gunn v Crook story.