Sign in to follow this  
Iwan´s Left Foot

Luke Daley.

ILF- At the chance of making you look like a complete idiot may i remind u what you have just said- Daley is rubbish.. Last season he played against reading and gave it away.

Now may i remid you, tht not only was it a year ago, which means he was a year younger, but it was one of his first games in front of idiots like you! Also can you think about things before you say them, let me remind you of a certain player we had on loan here just one year ago.. at the time was nothing amazing, and didnt set the world alight, however this young lad is now playing in a top 4 premier league team on a fairly regular bassis. so shhhh you noise!

[quote user="Norwich Fan"]

ILF- At the chance of making you look like a complete idiot may i remind u what you have just said- Daley is rubbish.. Last season he played against reading and gave it away.

Now may i remid you, tht not only was it a year ago, which means he was a year younger, but it was one of his first games in front of idiots like you! Also can you think about things before you say them, let me remind you of a certain player we had on loan here just one year ago.. at the time was nothing amazing, and didnt set the world alight, however this young lad is now playing in a top 4 premier league team on a fairly regular bassis. so shhhh you noise!

[/quote]

At the chance of making you look like a complete idiot - I''m sure Reading at home was played in like April - 4 months ago!

Obviously someone got an A in their history exam! Doesn’t change the fact you’re an idiot!

Dont have ago about Luke!! And if you ever imply I’m an idiot again, I will find you

[quote user="Norwich Fan"]

Obviously someone got an A in their history exam! Doesn’t change the fact you’re an idiot!

Dont have ago about Luke!! And if you ever imply I’m an idiot again, I will find you

[/quote]Make love, not death threats

Eadie, Sutton, O''neill, Green, Marshall, Bellamy, Renton, Adyemi, Smith, Stephens, Habergham, Steer, Rudd, Dumic.....................

All utter sheeite. Clearly only given contracts to justify the academy...........................................

This point is far too general. I agree that Renton looks fairly poor but when you look at our track record it aint bad. Sometimes players need the opportunity to sink or swim. Beckham made his debut relatively late (especially when you look at Rooney or Wilshire) and was largely un-impressive but he went on to be fairly decent and won a couple of things.

This is an ill-advised, poorly researched and innacurate post. All of those given contracts may well go on to be rubbish but equally they may go on to be stars. Giving them a contract on £200 a week is surely worthwhile to establish what they might go on to do. How many times do you hear stories of players being released at a young age because they ''couldn''t make the grade'' and then going on to be stars for other clubs???

Cambs

[quote user="cambscanary"]

Eadie, Sutton, O''neill, Green, Marshall, Bellamy, Renton, Adyemi, Smith, Stephens, Habergham, Steer, Rudd, Dumic.....................

All utter sheeite. Clearly only given contracts to justify the academy...........................................

This point is far too general. I agree that Renton looks fairly poor but when you look at our track record it aint bad. Sometimes players need the opportunity to sink or swim. Beckham made his debut relatively late (especially when you look at Rooney or Wilshire) and was largely un-impressive but he went on to be fairly decent and won a couple of things.

This is an ill-advised, poorly researched and innacurate post. All of those given contracts may well go on to be rubbish but equally they may go on to be stars. Giving them a contract on £200 a week is surely worthwhile to establish what they might go on to do. How many times do you hear stories of players being released at a young age because they ''couldn''t make the grade'' and then going on to be stars for other clubs???

Cambs

[/quote]

These have hardly made it yet, have they!

[quote user="cambscanary"]

Cambs

[/quote]

How Are They Sh*t? If They Were Then They Wouldn''t Have Come 2nd In The U-18''s League And Got To the Quater Finals Of The F.A Youth Cup Last Season!!! [8o|]

Iwan´s Left Foot stated 

Wrong. He came on against Reading last season, gave the ball away every time he got it. Also another game I remember but not who against.

Been awful every time.

Tangy stated:

Just  think of Kevin Bond....he was worse than awful when he started playing for our reserves but he went on to become a regular for us and Manchester City.

[quote user="JenJen "][quote user="cambscanary"]

Cambs

[/quote]

How Are They Sh*t? If They Were Then They Wouldn''t Have Come 2nd In The U-18''s League And Got To the Quater Finals Of The F.A Youth Cup Last Season!!! [8o|]

[/quote]

You missed the sarcasm Jen[:P]

I remember a few years back watching a villa game on telly on Agbonlahor was being discussed. Apparently he was signed purely for his pace and villa decided they could use this assest and make a decent footballer out of him - he was meant to be a pretty poor player early on. Not saying Daley is going to turn out to be the same standard, but he is still 3 years younger and will develop over time. Anyone who rights a young player off after only a few, not doubt very nervous, matches needs their head read. The exception to this would be those who work with young pros day in day out and know what it takes to succeed at the level required. Not all young players are Rooneys.

Cheers Herman

Glad someone appreciates sarcasm.

Also, ILF seems to have missed the fact that my point of listing the names was not to show that they''d all made it, it was to point out that it was a very general comment to say that they were given contracts simply to justify the youth team.

Cambs