Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Team for Saturday

------Rudd--------

Semmy/Smith------Doherty---------Askou-------Drury/Lappin---

McVeigh----Adayemi/Smith----Hughes-------Lappin/Martin

---------Hoolahan----------

--------Holt-------

Subs: Steer, Nelson, Dumic, Adayemi/Tudor-Jones, McDonald, Maric, Whaley

Liked having Martin on the left against Wigan, using wingers/strikers to change to a 4-3-3 on the attack?

If the full backs bomb forward, between the CMs, one can drop into the position left behind.

Hoolahoop in the hole behind the striker to have the free role to create.

[quote user="B-ru"]

------Rudd--------

Semmy/Smith------Doherty---------Askou-------Drury/Lappin---

McVeigh----Adayemi/Smith----Hughes-------Lappin/Martin

---------Hoolahan----------

--------Holt-------

Subs: Steer, Nelson, Dumic, Adayemi/Tudor-Jones, McDonald, Maric, Whaley

Liked having Martin on the left against Wigan, using wingers/strikers to change to a 4-3-3 on the attack?

If the full backs bomb forward, between the CMs, one can drop into the position left behind.

Oh how I hope you are wronge here, Donkerty would not wear a shirt in my team ever again he is perthetic  

Hoolahoop in the hole behind the striker to have the free role to create.

[/quote]

I think that Doherty looked out of sorts completely on Monday becuase he was on the left hand side of the defence. He and Nelson are one and the same, but Nelson I feel maybe (if it is possible) slower than the Doc. The defence to sit back a bit, we dont have enough pace in the defence to play a high line. Balls over the top would punish us. If we had a left footer, Shackell/Stefanovic on the left hand side of CB we would be a bit more comfortable IMO.

Rudd

Semi   Nelson    Askou    Drury

McVeigh   Hughes   Lappin 

Hoolahan

Holt         Maric  

Subs: Alnwick/Theoklitos, Smith, Martin, OTJ, Adeyemi, McDonald & Stephens

Rudd

Sem Doc Askou Drury

McVeigh Smith Adeyemi Lappin

Holt McDonald

People may question my centre midfield pairing but they have played alot together. Came through the ranks together. Probably know eachothers game inside out. Korey being the terrier who wont give you a moments rest on the ball. Can pick a pass. Adeyemi being tall, good in the air, creative, comfortable on the ball. I think they should be given a chance.

[quote user="Admiral Nelson"]Rudd Sem Doc Askou Drury McVeigh Smith Adeyemi Lappin Holt McDonald People may question my centre midfield pairing but they have played alot together. Came through the ranks together. Probably know eachothers game inside out. Korey being the terrier who wont give you a moments rest on the ball. Can pick a pass. Adeyemi being tall, good in the air, creative, comfortable on the ball. I think they should be given a chance.[/quote]

Although I think Adeyemi has got a lot going for him I don''t think he''s ready yet. Showed lots of promise but I think he''d still be a bit out of his depth.

I''d play Smith though. He''s got great energy in the middle of the park, which we haven''t got with anyone else.

Stephen Hughes to go alongside him, he knocks the ball around well.

I''d be pleased with either Adeyemi or Hughes alongside Smith. Although i wasn''t as impressed as everyone else seems to be with his contribution on Saturday. I found him to not really be involved in the game.

Rudd

Semi Doc Askou Drury

WLY Hughes Smith Lappin

Holt Cureton

Subs: Nelson, Steer, Adeyemi, Hoolahan, McDonald, Tudur Jones, Dumic

Assumes that Alnwick won''t make it.

Whaley doesn''t deserve to get on the coach after his display on Monday.

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Rudd Semmi Askou Dejan Lappin McVeigh OTJ Hughes Hoolahan Holt McDonald Subs: Theoklitos, Doc, Adeyemi, Smith, Martin, Whaley, Cureton[/quote]

Like it Chris, bar one.  I''d keep Smith in, not OTJ.  Otherwise exactly what I''d like to see.  Change the bench though, Dumic for Doc, Maric for Barn Door and anyone for Wally.

I am not sure how to take Lambert''s statement that he wants to see everybody play. He did see Nelson - in the drubbing, and perhaps has made his decision, but he has yet to see Maric. Maric seemed very useful in Scotland, and has been training, but so far has not played.There seems little choice in defence, regretably, and I would be surprised if it is not Semi-Doc-Askou-Drury. (Dumic, Stevens and Harbargham are untried, but this is an important match) If we had a Clingan who could play infront of the back four, then I would suggest it, to try to cover up the deficiencies in defence, but we have no-one who fills this, except possibly Hughes.The midfield seems, on present form, to pick itself - McV- Hughes-Smith-LappinThe strikers ought to be Holt plus Martin or Cody, but will he go for Maric as one of them?Expect Hola to come on from the bench if things do not work out.He has surprised us in team selection twice already, but he has kept his word and used most players already. This is an important league match, and we need to get the momentum going. So perhaps Lambert will take the "safe" option.

Rudd

Semi  Doc  Askou Drury

WLY Smith Hughes Lappin

Hoolahan Holt

Subs

Foster, Nelson, Adeyemi, McDonald, Maric, Daley , OTJ 

[quote user="JenJen "]If Doc Is Put In Defence I Might Cry![/quote]

Well at least it won''t be Spillane. That would have been worse.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]
How would it be?
[/quote]

Because Doherty is a better defender than he is.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]How would it be?[/quote]

[/quote]I think you''ve been smoking too much weed lol..

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]
How would it be?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you''ve been smoking too much weed lol..
[/quote]

Do you honestly think Spillane is a better defender??

He''s lucky he came through the youth setup, I doubt people would think as much of him if he hadn''t.

BUt for the red card I would have started Spillane - in place of Ots.

Spillanes red card was only a matter of time,  he is too often out of position and ends up diving in far too often.  He is thoughtless in how he matches his desire to perform well to the risks of the sometime idiotic challenges he makes.  I had hopes we would see that taken out of him and properly channelled at Luton but it seems there is more to be done.  Havig said that I do think he will probably be a better right back than Ots,  but a new signing there is really needed.

Who lambert plays may give us an indication of who is about to be sold  - worryingly little noise on that at the moment

I would go:          Forster/RuddSemi    Askou     Doc     DrearyWLY    Adeyemi   Hughes  Lappin                        Hoola                         HoltBut perhaps a bit negative, with 2 up front I''d start Cody or Curo. Not sure Hoola''s anything but a liability away from home and Lappin''s in good form at the moment.

[quote user="canarytom"]Doc is the worst player in the squad. If he plays, chances are we will lose.[/quote]Well done on winning today''s "stupidest post" award, sponsored by Michael Nelson and Owain Tudur-Jones.

[quote user="canarytom"]

Come off it, the Doc was at the heart of 2 relegations.

[/quote]Yep. Him and ten other guys.  Or nine other guys if Russell was in the starting eleven.