Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Team for Saturday

With Spillane red carded and Alnwick 50/50 on being fit for saturday what is our strongest team vs Hartlepool?Here''s Mine:                  Alnwick/RuddSemmi     Doc        Askou    DruryMcVeigh  Smith    Hughes    Lappin                Holt     MaricSubs: Rudd/Theoklitos, Hoolahan, Martin, OTJ, Adeyemi, McDonald & NelsonThe only hard one to sort was whether we should put Holt upfront with Hoolahan in the whole behind him :S

---------------Alnwick/Rudd----------------Otsemobor--Nelson--Askou--Drury------McVeigh--Adeyemi--Hughes--Lappin---------------Hoolahan---------------------------------------Holt--------------------Subs: Rudd/Theoklitos, Doherty, Dumic, Smith, OTJ, McDonald, Maric

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]---------------Alnwick/Rudd----------------Otsemobor--Nelson--Askou--Drury------McVeigh--Adeyemi--Hughes--Lappin---------------Hoolahan---------------------------------------Holt--------------------Subs: Rudd/Theoklitos, Doherty, Dumic, Smith, OTJ, McDonald, Maric[/quote]Yeah that was the formation I was thinking of but I think SMith should start in place of adeyemi, Nelson I guess deserves a 2nd chance.

---------------Alnwick-------------

Semmy--Nelson----Askou--Drury

------------------------------------

WLY------Smith---Hoooze---Laps

------------------------------------

----------Holt------Cody/Wes-----

I would change it a little, Mr Bump (as semmy is shit):

---------------Alnwick/Rudd--------------

--Smith--Nelson--Askou--Drury----

--McVeigh--Adeyemi--Hughes--Lappin--

-------------Hoolahan--------------------

-------------------Holt--------------------

Drury might still be injured so lappin and hoolahan will drop back. I''d like to see Martin up with holt if so. With cody coming on as an impact sub.

[quote user="olej"]I would change it a little, Mr Bump (as semmy is shit):

Drury might still be injured so lappin and hoolahan will drop back. I''d like to see Martin up with holt if so. With cody coming on as an impact sub.[/quote]Never thought about Smith at RB.Good shout.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]why is everyone forgetting Spillane at CB?![/quote]

Tell me you didn`t ask that question!!

Someone tell him!!!!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]With Spillane red carded and Alnwick 50/50 on being fit for saturday what is our strongest team vs Hartlepool?
Here''s Mine:

Alnwick/Rudd
Semmi     Doc        Askou    Drury
McVeigh  Smith    Hughes    Lappin
                Holt     Maric
Subs: Rudd/Theoklitos, Hoolahan, Martin, OTJ, Adeyemi, McDonald & Nelson

The only hard one to sort was whether we should put Holt upfront with Hoolahan in the whole behind him :S
[/quote]

How can anyone in thier right mind select Donkerty, I mean every time he plays we bleed goals, so as far as I''m concerned he has to go

---------------Theo--------------

--Ostemobor--Askou--Doherty--Drury----

----------------Hughes-------------------------Smith-------------Lappin-------------Hoolahan--------------------

-------Holt-------------Martin------------Gotta give Theo a second chance if Doc and Semmi have been given one.Lacks physical presence in the middle though.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]why is everyone forgetting Spillane at CB?![/quote]*sigh* someone tell him.... ???ok..Hes unavailable Barry !

[img]http://express.howstuffworks.com/gif/webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]With Spillane red carded and Alnwick 50/50 on being fit for saturday what is our strongest team vs Hartlepool?Here''s Mine:                  Alnwick/RuddSemmi     Doc        Askou    DruryMcVeigh  Smith    Hughes    Lappin                Holt     MaricSubs: Rudd/Theoklitos, Hoolahan, Martin, OTJ, Adeyemi, McDonald & NelsonThe only hard one to sort was whether we should put Holt upfront with Hoolahan in the whole behind him :S[/quote]

macdonald has run his socks off..he must start!as for doc and ostomber awful!  as bad as simon tracey!

[quote user="olej"]I would change it a little, Mr Bump (as semmy is shit):

Drury might still be injured so lappin and hoolahan will drop back. I''d like to see Martin up with holt if so. With cody coming on as an impact sub.[/quote]

Good team apart from misshape hoolhan!

[quote user="ldnboy"]---------------Theo--------------
----------------Hughes-----------------
--------Smith-------------Lappin
-------Holt-------------Martin------------

Gotta give Theo a second chance if Doc and Semmi have been given one.
Lacks physical presence in the middle though.
[/quote]

I`m not expecting to see Theo in a competitive game `til the reserves start.

PL will want to see him in that context I think.

ldnboy wrote:

---------------Theo--------------

----------------Hughes-----------------

--------Smith-------------Lappin

-------Holt-------------Martin------------

That back 5 (except askou) let 7 in dont you remember that? Doc and semmy were given another chance and proved they should never play again. They played nearly every game last season, thats why we conceeded 98 goals!

-------------Rudd------------Smith---Askou-----Nelson-----SmithWLY---Hughes---Adeyemi---Lappin--------Holt------Martin------Subs: Theo, Cody Mac, Wes, Doc, Maric, OTJ, Dumic

Ok , but un-orthodox from me, sepecially when i like the Cody - Holt strike pair.I do however like the idea of using Cody as an impact sub, or if we are crusing replacing Holt with Maric ( they seem similar players ?) but saying that Martin / Holt maybe to similar.Nelson & Gill deserve another shot, i think Nelson should get it now. Im taking for granted Alnwick is injured, if Spilaine was available id put Theo in goal, cos hes not decided Rudd should get his debut.I like Mr Bumps idea of playing Wes behind the striker / s ...Maybe a 4-3-3 would suit us better ?I say this because we look weak on the wing so forcing play through the centre more might be more of an advantage to us ?

Thought i had read somewhere that Smith could play left / right back as well ?If im wrong then ignore.As for the Whalley comment...WLY = We love you Paul McVeighDrop Whalley, hes making Semi even worse atm

[quote user="olej"]Canarycharge what do you mean?

Good team apart from misshape HoolAhan! (it has 2 A''s)

Plus I think Cody will score a lot more goals from the bench. Bring him on with 30 minutes to go when defences are tiring, lets not forget he''s only started 3-4 pro games and is not the finished product[/quote]

exactly even spelt misshapen! Hoolahan is a waste, he disjoints the team and is selfish when a pass is needed

I know he got sent off but that was in the Carling Cup, and League One is a completely different competition so I assumed it isn''t transferred over??!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]why is everyone forgetting Spillane at CB?![/quote]

Tell me you didn`t ask that question!!

Someone tell him!!!!

[/quote]

obviously didnt go to the game on monday!

Everyone seems to have given up on Stefanovic. Does that include Lambert. What exactly is the current situation with him ?

Surely if he''s on the books he can play,and imo would be at least as good a bet as Donkerty.

------Alnwick--------

---Semmy-------Askou--------Dumic-------Drury---

---McVeigh------Hughes------Adeyemi-------Lappin

-----------Holt--------------Maric----------

If Alnwick Can''t Play, Put Theo In, If He Lets Us Down Sub Him For Rudd!

I would love to see us play a 4-1-3-1-1            

Alnwick

Semmy      Askou      Doc      Drury/Lappin

Smith/OTJ

WLY                Hughes      Lappin/Hoolahan

Hoolahan

Holt

Obviously would prefer to see Drury over Lappin at left back but I believe there is a bit of an injury worry with him at the moment.

I think the reason we are yet to see the best from Hoolahan this season is becasue he has been played out of position wide on the left, his tendency will always be to cut inside and will leave us exposed. I know this isn''t a traditional formation but I do believe he is our most skillful player and if we give him the liscence to roam without having to worry about covering the left flank then we will reap the benefits. The best game I saw him play last season (indeed one of our best games as a team last season) was agaisnt the scum where he played in the hole behind the striker position with Croft on the left, (the much underated) Bell on the right and Lita up front. We totally dominated them because we had a solid four in midfield and then had Hools coming to collect the ball from them and then driving forward. One of his best attributes in his ability to get out of tight situations and this position where the midfield will be crowded by players will allow him to show off this trait and also suck players in towards him creating space for others to play. If as was mentioned by Worthy, (quoted in another thread by Camuldonum) the midfield is truly our biggest problem then maybe we should look at sacrificing a striker and bolster it by playing Hools as a central attacking midfielder who can always slot back into a central trio if we''re on the back foot. I also think we have in Holt a player with the pace, skill and determination to play as a lone striker and with both Hughes and Hoolahan going forward to support him this could be the way to make the most of our best creative players.

We''ve seen in the preseason both agaisnt Palarse and Wigan that Wes does have the ability to run the show, but a couple of average performances and he is already being written off, however if we were to sell him then I worry extremely about our chances of reaching the top half of the table, particularly if we have to rely on Lappin and WLY as we did against Wycombe as McVeigh is getting on and therefore unlikely to be able to play every game for us and I want to reserve judgment on Lappin until he produces week in week out the form he is beginning to show, he has been average too many times in the past for me to get excited just yet (he is also rather slow!!).

I might be rubbished for proposing this as it''s not a formation Norwich traditionally play but we''ve seen that Lambert isn''t afraid to make big changes and I hope that he is able to see that Hoolahan has absolutely bags of unfulfilled potential, he is just not being used effectively at the moment.

------Rudd--------

---Smith-------Askou--------Nelson-------Drury---

Adayemi------Tudor Jones-------Lappin

-----------Mcdonald--------------Hoolahan----------

--------Holt-------

Would this formation work? It worked well against Wigan so why not try it again..? I would never ever play Otsemobor in my whole entire life, Doherty''s confidence has hit rock bottom with his mistakes and needs to be dropped. Smith has good energy levels and has a decent footballing brain so don''t see any reason why he can''t slot in well at right back. Nelson deserves a second chance with a better center half alongside him. Askou is the best of a bad bunch so has to start. Lappin must play and he prefers being in midfield. Tudor Jones although i haven''t seen him play overly well is much needed in the middle for his physical prescense and should be told to sit infront of the back 4. Allowing him to pick up the loose balls and trap anything going straight through. His height will win us the 1st and 2nd ball in the middle. Adayemi has plenty of energy and good technique and deserves to start. Cody Mcdonald is 100% worthy of a 1st team place in my opinion for his work rate and constant threat to defences, and Hoolahan strives on a free role where he can have no defensive worries and can cause havok threading around their defence. Holt is an obvious choice to lead the attack. What do you guys think??