Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

Another Loanee

Very strange? Loan a young goalkeeper in when we have Declan Rudd on our bench?

Does this mean Alnwick is off?

The answer to "Why?" has to be that Alnick is off.Is Forster going to be in goal at Hartlepool, in which case will he meet his new colleagues for the first time on Saturday?I am a little surprised, as the new loan keeper has little more experience than Rudd.

[quote user="Lineo"]Yeah, we can''t stick him in goal with a broken nose.
[/quote]

But we atill have two pro keepers on our books even without Alnwick?

Theo - not good enough, and if isn''t going to ket picked should be bought out and shipped off

Steer - too young

Alnwick - injury looks like keeping him out for a week or two (with a potential immediate recall by Spurs always a threat)

Rudd - has England commitments, plus is untested

a loan move for a keeper was always on the cards, but I''d have expected someone older, that said Forster has already played 4 games at this level this season so fitness/awareness shouldn''t be a problem

[quote user="Dave Backham"]I guess we''d put Rudd in goal and keep Forster on the bench if we''re waiting for the JPT game on Tuesday to give Theo another chance.[/quote]that is what i would do.

Are we to assume that Rudd isn''t covering himself in glory in training? Or that - given our current situation and the pressure, Lambert sees little sense in exposing Rudd to a potential nightmare situation and killing him off like Theo? Either way I think tht this is essentially because of international duty for Rudd and Alnwick''s face is still falling off.

"I guess we''d put Rudd in goal and keep Forster on the bench if we''re waiting for the JPT game on Tuesday to give Theo another chance."

Nice - saves me having to say that! Agree 100%.

It''s also worth stating the obvious - but no manager takes risks with keepers... you get a freak injury or too, or colds or flu''s, or stuff like that... better to have waaaay more than you need and have all bases covered.

From a Toon fan on 606..

"As primarily a newcastle fan, but living in norwich, I know both clubs fairly well. And i think that this is a good signing. Forster is highly rated and the two times that ive seen him play he has been impressive. Compared to what ive seen of alnwick this season i would say forster is better."

Checked his Wiki and said he was 6ft 6in.   The official NUFC website says 6ft so still a decent size. 

[quote user="Norwich"]From a Toon fan on 606..

"As primarily a newcastle fan, but living in norwich, I know both clubs fairly well. And i think that this is a good signing. Forster is highly rated and the two times that ive seen him play he has been impressive. Compared to what ive seen of alnwick this season i would say forster is better."[/quote]Could it be that we might be speculating on him for longer than a month? Hope so...PS thanks for dropping this into this thread as well as the other. I was getting dizzy licking between the two.

Is it?  Did you miss the fact he had a bad facial injury?[quote user="Salopian"]The answer to "Why?" has to be that Alnick is off.Is Forster going to be in goal at Hartlepool, in which case will he meet his new colleagues for the first time on Saturday?I am a little surprised, as the new loan keeper has little more experience than Rudd.[/quote]

Personally, I would like to see us sign him and send Theo back to Oz if possible. (Finances may be a hinderance) A tall young keeper, slighlty older than our current home grown keepers. Could buy him, sell him on for a tidy profit (hopefully as a Championship keeper, dare I say Prem keeper...) and still have our great young keepers ready to step in.

Remember Alnwick Could Be Recalled At Any Time, So Maybe Lambert Is Just Taking Precautions. I Would Like To See Rudd Get A Start And Theo Given Another Chance :)

I''ve not had a look, there may be a logical reason, but seems odd for Bristol Rovers to want to part with a loan keeper who had played the first 4 games and kept 2 cleansheets. Was he recalled by Newcastle, or did his loan just end after a month? If recalled, wouldn''t be at all suprised if a price is already agreed and we''ll be signing him if the loan period is successful.

[quote user="Duffman"]Checked his Wiki and said he was 6ft 6in.   The official NUFC website says 6ft so still a decent size. 
[/quote]

6ft 6in Corr Blimey [:P] I Think That May Be A Wiki Porkie..

Ok. this may be opening up old wounds and Yes I know he has gone but during the brief and un-lamented reign of Bryan Gunn we were told that " At least Gunny knows a good keeper". If this was true, why are we obviously in the mire as regarding a decent keeper ?.

[quote]

6ft 6in Corr Blimey [:P] I Think That May Be A Wiki Porkie..

[/quote]

He is 6''6". He is a decent all round young keeper but his kicking isn''t very good.