Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Come on you lurkers!

Now we can see who''s logged in, there are often people who I''ve never seen a posting from.

Why not use this as an opportunity to come out of the shadows and introduce yourselves? Where do you live, how long have you supported City, are you a girl or a boy, etc etc.

We won''t bite!

We are lurking and therefore you''re not likely to get many replies to this thread!!!

I am trying not to lurk as I think it feels a bit rude after a while (like listening into someone''s private conversation). However, it''s just fear that I''ll look a prawn in comparison to all you hardened footie experts

I''m 41 and female and my football supporting life is not an easy one.

OK come on fellow lurkers, if I can do it, so can you

p.s. I don''t want Malky to go

Well done Xeno Mantis! Lurking no more!  I''m sure that all the ladies on the board will be chuffed to have you around - they''ll be in touch for some articles soon...  With a fantastical name like that you should be in print in the Bird''s Eye View.

As for your worry about being a prawn, I should say that you''ve got nothing to worry about!  Most of us on here will make you look more like a lovely lobster, what with the opinionated tripe that we tend to gurge out...

So come on in, join the fun - the board will help your football supporting life become a whole lot easier...

(PS - I think Malky should stay too)

Yeah, welcome Xeno! Carry on lurking if you prefer, but not knowing what we''re talking about never stopped 98% of the regulars on this board!

By the way I''m 45, male of the species, and I live near here, in Norfolk..

I have beem posting a little more lately especially with the new board...

Anyways

I am just in me fifties ben going to carrow road since very early sixties, did miss a season or two with family and work committments, but back as a season ticket holder and Back in the Barclay the only place to be....

Favourite players

Kenny Foggo  surprise

Kevin Keelan Martin Peters. Mike Channon.. Ian Crook Dave Watson .. Mel Machin...dam most who have pulled on a city shirt

[quote]We are lurking and therefore you''re not likely to get many replies to this thread!!! I am trying not to lurk as I think it feels a bit rude after a while (like listening into someone''s private conve...[/quote]

hiya zeno mantis, welcome and don''t worry, i am 45, female and know absolutely nothing about football!! and i have been on this site forever and post absolute crap most of the time (i am sure most of you will agree!)

why isn''t your supporting life easy?  Have to say mine is now, surrounded by two city mad kids and fellow city fan! 

How did you get your name, very intriguing? 

I don''t want malky to go either, i don''t think you are alone in that one

I''m not really a "lurker", just not had a pc at home v long and not that used to all this stuff (is all blocked from us at work) - the Beeb 606 site seems dead easy (and keeps the threads well) so I go there most to post, but have to confess to looking here a lot tho only up to about my 4th post (so perhaps I am a lurker after all!!)

Am 34, live in Surbiton, Surrey; born and raised in Thorpe, came down to Uni in late 1980s and stayed!!  Season ticket holder (upper barclay), but it can be a thankless journey (Cov last season as bad as I remember - 5+ hrs to get there, I arrived 2 mins before the game and then we played badly, the ref to ruined it with a dodgy pen and I had to come straight back afterwards); about to have our first child so not sure how many more games I''ll be able get to for a few years. 

Fool, just looked in your profile, and there is nothing there!

Bit of info in a later post though.

Good to see you Xeno and welcome.

I am from Diss, like the lady from 5 live today! Good woman!

[quote]We are lurking and therefore you''re not likely to get many replies to this thread!!! I am trying not to lurk as I think it feels a bit rude after a while (like listening into someone''s private conve...[/quote]

hello zeno mantis i am a bit of a closet lurker myself but being the founder member of the ncfc supporters group worthing branch takes up a huge amount of my time still i do get to fortress carra now and again with the other member. pmsl

welcome aboard

HELLO!

I must confess I have ''lurked'' for quite a while without having posted before.  I''ve always used the board as a source of information but always felt you hardened posters did not need another opinion.

I''m a bloke, 24, and I live in Poringland and have had a season ticket in various parts of the ground since 92/93 but have been in the lower barclay for the last 4 seasons.

[quote]hello zeno mantis i am a bit of a closet lurker myself but being the founder member of the ncfc supporters group worthing branch takes up a huge amount of my time still i do get to fortr[/quote]

rainbow, you don''t half talk a lot of crap

founder member my arse, the only one you mean  lol

talking arses, get yours up to FCR occasionally, i am having trouble finding people to fill your seat every time 

gazza no wonder i am a lurker, you are forgetting winkey my 2nd in command and numero uno drinking partner so i demand an apology otherwise i can lurk for england

also if i cant make a game you know why hope you all have a great day at whl on sunday, make sure we get all three points

[quote]gazza no wonder i am a lurker, you are forgetting winkey my 2nd in command and numero uno drinking partner so i demand an apology otherwise i can lurk for england also if i cant[/quote]

rainbow

i know why you are now becoming more prolific on here mate, and welcome it!!

sorry, wasn''t forgetting winky, will be nice to see the pair of you again!!  soon i hope .....

i am sure we will have a good trip to WHL for the points and to show the world (via Sky) once again we are no pushovers

see you at the next home game maybe? 

No 1  lurker here !

visit and read every day, but only a few posts

supporting City since 1968, I''ve even got a brick stating that ! (My bother thought it would look good in 100 years.)

I live in Swindon and until this season watched about a dozen games a season, 6 home, 6 away.

really miss it this season coz'' I''m only a Member.

Fav. Players  Keelan, Fleck, Bone, Forbes, Deehan and Iwan.

I lurk to hide my ignorance!! Fairly new to this football lark and just getting to find my way around - and yes - I do now understand the offside rule!!!!

Can you string a longbow, and wield a broadsword, and carry your shield and your arms for many leagues?  Then you shall surely be welcome here, Wench. 

Fear not about appearing ignorant, for you shall learn many things before you leave this place, and if necessary the wise with their exalted knowledge will strive to bear us on their backs to the havens beyond.

On the ball, City!