Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

West Ham and Milwall

hopefully make a few corporates think twice about coming to games.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I understand.  There''s also a row going on between the MET and the Transport Police, the MET accusing the latter of doing buga all at the Tube station.  London Ambulance say they''ve a second stabbing in the area but don''t know if it is football related plus carting off a bloke with a dart sticking out of his head which they think was football related. [/quote]

It may be thought and actually true, but I can''t see someone from the Met saying that out loud. BTP have always been weak....

Because Norfolk police insist on it as it does cause less trouble.

The Met do have a choice, but they deal with so many and have endless resources. That is the big difference and a game like Milwall and Wet Spam would have trouble if it was Sunday lunch or Midnight Wednesday.

The next few weeks will be busy...

Well mark rivers I''ve just heard on the radio from a steward who was there that those game were thoughly well policed.

He said that the MET completely underestimated what was going to happen tonight.

Fu#king Scum bags the lot of them! they all think there on Green Street or something!!

Should ban them all for life, with the amount of cctv in London they must be able to find out who''s involved, even those hanging around the gangs should be banned, you never see these problems in any other sports.

Police and FA need to be much harder on them, if you are found to be associated with a hooligan or seen walking to a match with know hooligans then you are banned for a year.

Simples

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I understand.  There''s also a row going on between the MET and the Transport Police, the MET accusing the latter of doing buga all at the Tube station.  London Ambulance say they''ve a second stabbing in the area but don''t know if it is football related plus carting off a bloke with a dart sticking out of his head which they think was football related. [/quote]

It may be thought and actually true, but I can''t see someone from the Met saying that out loud. BTP have always been weak....

[/quote]

I''m afraid you have to trust us on this one.  And yes re BTP.  I''m sure they were fine investigating a fiddling booking clerk or someone "trespassing upon the line" but personally I believe modern life has got slightly beyond them.[+o(]

Anyway it is still going on both directions from Upton Park.  The night is young as they say.  [;)]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]What the hell is going on, this is crazy. Man gets stabbed and people all over the pitch, credit to the players trying to sort it out.
This is awful.
[/quote]

Most of both sets of fan are scum although not all of them are.

[quote user="riers"]exciting though isnt it.
[/quote]

NO, you bell end. Football is about sport, not what these cretins get up to, anyone that thinks this is exciting is an utter toss bag.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid you have to trust us on this one.  And yes re BTP.  I''m sure they were fine investigating a fiddling booking clerk or someone "trespassing upon the line" but personally I believe modern life has got slightly beyond them.[+o(]

Anyway it is still going on both directions from Upton Park.  The night is young as they say.  [;)]

[/quote]

I do mate, I''m sure that someone has blabbed out loud then. It''s well known in the inner circles.#

This will continue for a few hours, I''m sure.

[quote user="riers"]hopefully make a few corporates think twice about coming to games.[/quote]Yeah, cos the less money we bring in the better. Tw*t

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do mate, I''m sure that someone has blabbed out loud then. It''s well known in the inner circles.#

This will continue for a few hours, I''m sure.

[/quote]

We believe that some in the inner circles think them to be "glorified CSO''s on better money".  I cannot possibly comment.  No love lost anyway and never has been that I know of.[:)]

Any trouble in England, no matter how big or small is always deemed as being the worse in the world, look at France and Holland, they have much more trouble, we have attempted to quell the problems and to a certain extent, it has been dealt with. But there is a new younger element who are trying to bring it back to the 80''s.

There is always a small minority who spoil it for us all. Fucking scum.

Not at all suprised. Something like this was always going to happen.

Millwall and West Ham have two of the biggest/worst firms in England. When out together, they are comfortably the worst pair off the pitch.

Amazed no proper (ie closing the gates) action was taken prior to the match.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Not at all suprised. Something like this was always going to happen.

Millwall and West Ham have two of the biggest/worst firms in England. When out together, they are comfortably the worst pair off the pitch.

Amazed no proper (ie closing the gates) action was taken prior to the match.[/quote]

Although, that said, it may have made it even worse to control. At least with them in/around the football ground they were in a contained area, as opposed to running riot as they would have done...

How surprising! Millwall and West Ham having a scrap, who''d have thought it?

I may be annoying a lot of people here, but hey, what else are message boards for?

Is it really that unusual for somebody to get stabbed in London on a Tuesday night?

Quite clearly, football hooliganism excites people. The amount of films made on the subject is ridiculous. I''m not saying the films inspire the violence, but it has certainly become a lot more acceptable in certain circles to "joke" about hooliganism than it was ten years ago.

Severe punishments for all violent crime must be instigated in this country. There will now be a massive investigation into this, but every other poor bastard who gets stabbed will get the usual brush off. If it wasn''t within a couple of miles of the football, none of us would have heard anything about it.

Some people want to fight, in my view we should let them. Give them a car-park with a fence round it, get the scientology medical teams who love to help out in an emergency to drag out anyone who hits the deck. Anybody who fights outside said carpark, should get a custodial sentence, as should ANYBODY CONVICTED OF A VIOLENT CRIME.

Just an opinion, makes the world go round.

it''s pathetic, i don''t understand what it proves. There''s passion for your team and then there''s stupidity, nothing like this would ever make someone a more loyal fan over someone else.

I hope all the innocent people got out the stadium and home ok and all the idiots get arrested and banned

Heard the West Ham fans were guilty of causing most the havoc.Such a shame.Jack Collison''s dad died only two days ago, but he managed to force himself to play anyway, in a game that he must of known was going to be utterly chaotic. Circumtances had him in tears by the final whistle. The Hammers really brought a lot of shame on themselves tonight.For a 20 year old footballer, he really did himself proud as a professional tonight.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I can 100% assure you, that they would not have underestimated the numbers or the problems, there is around 1000 officers there, all kitted up and ready.

[/quote]

They obviously did underestimate it because they allowed the game to be played with a large away support, even if it was reduced by half of what it was proposed to be originally.

As Pete said, the game should have been played behind closed doors. Then I would agree that the police hadn''t underestimated it.

Have they never seen Green Street for goodness sake?!

I read someone say that they noticed how they were just forty year old bald men lol... Well if this is just repeats of back in the 80''s as I am informed, then its probably the same people.. long standing rivalries etc... its hideous but they were probably the ones doing it all in the 80''s!

Personally, kick West Ham out of Europe for 5 years, or make them play all their home games at a neutral venue! Also, I think a ban on fans would be suited, all West Ham home games behind closed doors for 10 games or something? Teach the Tw@ts a lesson!!!!

[quote user="CT "]Anyone fancy going to the Den this year?[:|]

[/quote]

I said at the start of the season when there was a discussion on here what my cousin (Milly supporter) told me and my friends, don''t come to our ground and be very careful if you go to the Milly match at home.  If I went to the Milly match away and my cousin saw me he would frog march me back to the car lol.

Millwall have always had problems and they won''t ever change, however most of the fans on the pitch last night were West Ham supporters.

I hope both clubs take hard action on those involved for their actions last night, a dsigrace to modern football and something that belongs in the past.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="CT "]Anyone fancy going to the Den this year?[:|][/quote]

I said at the start of the season when there was a discussion on here what my cousin (Milly supporter) told me and my friends, don''t come to our ground and be very careful if you go to the Milly match at home.  If I went to the Milly match away and my cousin saw me he would frog march me back to the car lol.

Millwall have always had problems and they won''t ever change, however most of the fans on the pitch last night were West Ham supporters.

I hope both clubs take hard action on those involved for their actions last night, a dsigrace to modern football and something that belongs in the past.

[/quote]Sorry WAY but that is just scare mongering, I worked for London underground at Surrey Quays for many years and worked 100''s of Milwall matchdays, if you support another London club then you can expect problems otherwise they are not interested. They have no axe to grind with any club outside London and would make us most welcome. I personally am travelling to the Millwall game next year and meeting friends who are Milwall fans before and after the game and have no fear of any problems even wearing our colours. If people go with a bad attitude and taunt the locals then as with every other ground you can expect a problem. But believe me when I say,Millwall fans have no interest in us.

What is so wrong about all this is that stewards and police were put in this position in the first place. The ignorant violence was always going to happen and for christ sake what idiot allowed it to go ahead at that time in the evening? Look at the reaction we get from the police and clubs when we ask for a decent time for our derby (obviously not an issue this year!)

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]

I read someone say that they noticed how they were just forty year old bald men lol... Well if this is just repeats of back in the 80''s as I am informed, then its probably the same people.. long standing rivalries etc... its hideous but they were probably the ones doing it all in the 80''s!

[/quote]

Exactly.  The words "mid" "life" and "crisis" spring to mind.  Pathetic.

People seem worried that it''s the shape of things to come, personally I doubt it.  In truth it''s never quite gone away, but unless they can recruit a new generation it has no future.  Today''s youngsters won''t think it''s cool if they see it''s all blokes their dads'' age reliving the past.