Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

West Ham and Milwall

Millwall fans have always been scum and nothing changes............................

Should have banned away fans for this one. Can''t say i am surprised.West Ham are just as bad as the ''wall!

Its football. Why become a murderer over it? Obviously this person is sick in the head.

Everybody knew that this was going to happen. It''s been goin'' off around London since mid day. I was at WHU V Spurs on Sunday and all the talk and excitement was about what would happen on and off the field.

[quote user="BBC Website"]"He added: "There has been a bit of trouble inside the ground.

"There was a penalty shout and fans started gesturing and throwing small objects."

''Burly bald man''

Aaron

Smith from Hemel Hempstead, who was at the game, said: "I saw one man

cornered by at least a dozen Millwall fans before kick-off. Terrifying

scenes."
[/quote]

That has gotta be the funniest stereotype ive read.

He might have well just have written '' Hooligan looking type gentleman'' Aaron Smith

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Its football. Why become a murderer over it? Obviously this person is sick in the head.[/quote]It''s only a game.Thankfully we don''t follow a team that has this mentality.

millwall fans are fine, it''s west ham fans on the pitch[quote user="mtv"]Millwall fans have always been scum and nothing changes............................[/quote]

Back on Hammers 3-1.  Anyone going out for a late night curry in East London might be advised against it this evening.............

Sadly this was always going to happen. Why wasn''t this made behind closed doors as soon as the draw was made?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Good question.  They knew about it but it looks as if they may have underestimated the numbers. [/quote]

From some eye witness stuff it looks as if they were covered outside the Stadium but then both lots broke through and carried on in various surrounding streets (where the stabbing was plus another injury) and it looks very much as if they did not have enough there to cope with the spread of it. 

I can 100% assure you, that they would not have underestimated the numbers or the problems, there is around 1000 officers there, all kitted up and ready.

[quote user="CT "]Anyone fancy going to the Den this year?[:|]

[/quote]

As a Norwich City fan in Millwall you''ll be fine.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I can 100% assure you, that they would not have underestimated the numbers or the problems, there is around 1000 officers there, all kitted up and ready.

[/quote]

But unfortunately they got past them and carried on in streets up to a mile away.  The stabbing was over half a mile from the ground.  That''s why they called in reinforcements.  And then some of the police outside the ground had to be deployed inside the ground and there were still two pitch invasions.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="CT "]Anyone fancy going to the Den this year?[:|]

[/quote]

As a Norwich City fan in Millwall you''ll be fine.

[/quote]

Colchester have never had trouble at Millwall either.  The only spot of bother we had last season was away Gillingham - local yobs outside the ground.

Otherwise no probs.  Sadly some of our fans won''t risk Leeds at home Saturday.  No big bother last year but enough to annoy and worry our lot - like being denied admittance to a pub in OUR town in U''s colours and being told it is "because there are some Leeds fans in here."[:S]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

But unfortunately they got past them and carried on in streets up to a mile away.  The stabbing was over half a mile from the ground.  That''s why they called in reinforcements.  And then some of the police outside the ground had to be deployed inside the ground and there were still two pitch invasions.

[/quote]

There would have been dozens and dozens of fully kitted serials ready to go all over the place, the problem is you can have the numbers etc, but once a group splits off in different areas, it''s hard to controll. They would have known the ''known'' people, but would not know the unknowns, if you catch my drift. They wouldn''t have got past them, this would have been on the way to the ground, where there would have been plenty of coppers, inside the ground, there is a bit to left of the pitch where there would be hundreds in there waiting and just on the outside.

They should have made this match home fans only, costs 100000''s of pounds and just was always going to be shiite, even with all the plans. It''s a nightmare place to police at the best of times, let alone  Milwal...

Whilst not on this scale we’ve had a few running battles with the Binners over the years, the last one I can remember was when we played there midweek when Bellers scored the winner, pub windows put in and monster ruck at the station.  

Like it or not there is always the latent potential for trouble if the ingredients are right, if we had played the Binners tonight in the League Cup there is a pretty high chance there would have been trouble but obviously not on this scale 

As for going to Millwall I‘ve never experience trouble there, frankly there are so few of them at home games it really doesn’t even register. 

None the less stabbings and so forth are absolutely not what you want to reading about.

by not being ''nice little norwich'' anymore, does that mean we have to turn into the west ham/millwall fans?

I understand.  There''s also a row going on between the MET and the Transport Police, the MET accusing the latter of doing buga all at the Tube station.  London Ambulance say they''ve a second stabbing in the area but don''t know if it is football related plus carting off a bloke with a dart sticking out of his head which they think was football related. 

I''ve been to Leeds a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever. In fact I found the people from Leeds quite friendly and they will always chat to you when they find you have a southern accent.

Certainly more friendly then the people where I live (Stowmarket, Suffolk).

So, West Ham play Millwall on a Tuesday night, yet the "old farm" derby is always played at 12pm on a Sunday.  How can this be?

Anyone else think that this is gonna cost us the world cup im 2018? As it is even though very little fighting happens compared to other countries english football fans have a reputation of all being football hooligans so this is hardly gonna help us.