Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

PC help!!!?

Can anyone please tell me what the best free popup blocker is please??? I would be eternally grateful. Sorry for posting this hear, but I didn''t know where else to ask!!

We use paid AVG this end.  Beats Norton and Co out of sight and does not have any of the conflict problems that come with Norton & Co.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Can anyone please tell me what the best free popup blocker is please??? I would be eternally grateful. Sorry for posting this hear, but I didn''t know where else to ask!![/quote]

erm....

windows has a perfect free pop up blocker!!  ..looking in internet explorer settings!

Hi,If you''re getting loads of popup ads then it might be that your PC is infected with ad-ware - rather than some websites poping up pages in other windows, it''s an ad program running on your PC that you are not aware of.Best thing to do is get antivirus if you don''t have any. A good free on is: http://www.free-av.com/Then get anti adware software - the best free on is: http://www.lavasoft.com/ In both cases, make sure you pick the free download as they also sell versions too.The put some anti popup software to stop regular popups. If you have paid for antivirus software, you might have it, otherwise firefox has a basic one built in and google toolbar has a good popup blocker too if you''re using IE.

try this!

Tools, Internet Options, Privacey Tab. 

you should see the option half way down .. just tick the box to activate.  .. click on apply .. clost window and then reset your browser and hay ..no more pop ups!

1st - Install Mozilla Firefox.2nd - Install ADBLOCK PLUS in the ADDONS for Firefox.3rd - Install FLASHBLOCK in the ADDONS for Firefox.4th - Install SPYBOY SEARCH AND DESTROY and keep it up to date. (This is a separate program altogether from the above items)All these are free. Firefox knocks Internet Explorer into a cocked hat.

[quote user="Messiah"]1st - Install Mozilla Firefox.

2nd - Install ADBLOCK PLUS in the ADDONS for Firefox.

3rd - Install FLASHBLOCK in the ADDONS for Firefox.

4th - Install SPYBOY SEARCH AND DESTROY and keep it up to date. (This is a separate program altogether from the above items)

All these are free. Firefox knocks Internet Explorer into a cocked hat.
[/quote]

still need to turn on pop up blocker in internet options

[quote user="Messiah"]1st - Install Mozilla Firefox.2nd - Install ADBLOCK PLUS in the ADDONS for Firefox.3rd - Install FLASHBLOCK in the ADDONS for Firefox.4th - Install SPYBOY SEARCH AND DESTROY and keep it up to date. (This is a separate program altogether from the above items)All these are free. Firefox knocks Internet Explorer into a cocked hat.[/quote]You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers, given that I''m typing and not speaking)

[quote user="Jez"][quote user="Messiah"]1st - Install Mozilla Firefox.2nd - Install ADBLOCK PLUS in the ADDONS for Firefox.3rd - Install FLASHBLOCK in the ADDONS for Firefox.4th - Install SPYBOY SEARCH AND DESTROY and keep it up to date. (This is a separate program altogether from the above items)All these are free. Firefox knocks Internet Explorer into a cocked hat.[/quote]You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers, given that I''m typing and not speaking)[/quote]Debatable. Well no not really, Internet Explorer sucks balls, but Firefox is only really good for people who are going to fully utilise plug-ins (know a few things about computers) and have a half decent computer (it ain''t that fast!). I prefer to use Chrome as it''s a lot faster to run everything (very lite, not a memory hog), and also gives you a lot more space on the screen.

[quote user="d3sm0nd"][quote user="Jez"][quote user="Messiah"]1st - Install Mozilla Firefox.2nd - Install ADBLOCK PLUS in the ADDONS for Firefox.3rd - Install FLASHBLOCK in the ADDONS for Firefox.4th - Install SPYBOY SEARCH AND DESTROY and keep it up to date. (This is a separate program altogether from the above items)All these are free. Firefox knocks Internet Explorer into a cocked hat.[/quote]You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers, given that I''m typing and not speaking)[/quote]Debatable. Well no not really, Internet Explorer sucks balls, but Firefox is only really good for people who are going to fully utilise plug-ins (know a few things about computers) and have a half decent computer (it ain''t that fast!). I prefer to use Chrome as it''s a lot faster to run everything (very lite, not a memory hog), and also gives you a lot more space on the screen.[/quote]I agree that Firefox can hog memory BUT.... less so if you restrict the number of addons and don''t check for updates on every startup.Never tried Chrome. Sell it to me.

It''s just incredibly fast, loads within under a couple of seconds on my 2 year old computer, whereas Firefox (which I use for developing) can take a minute or so just to think about loading, so in that respect its good for slower PCs. I don''t think it''s a matter of selling, more which browser suits the job for you; just don''t use anything below IE8...

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Everything you post is rubbish, so I assumed this was the right place!!!! [:''(][/quote]Hah!

Touché

Safari is by far the best browser i''ve used for speed.

On a pc i would definetly go for the firefox and adblock plus combination, we''ve had so much problems with IE8 at work messing with outlook that i''ve gone right off using it at all.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]We use paid AVG this end.  Beats Norton and Co out of sight and does not have any of the conflict problems that come with Norton & Co.[/quote]

Erm? Norton''s works superb for me Cam.[:|]