Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Worst 11

traceybriggs     walsh        derveld        sutch (when playing there)de waard  o''neill   diop    marshall ( an old guy, played for palace? got injured almost immediately)               cottee       libbra (had talent. wouldnt use it)

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Anyone remember Kevin Bond''s stint with us - showing my age there but I think that he has to be pushing for inclusion.

[/quote]

All too well Macca - he was rubbish but strangely kept getting picked......

Having said that Rob Newman has to make the team because he could be crap in defence, midfield or upfront as required. I will never forget sitting in the Barclay in disbelief as Sosa was about to be dispossessed by Gunny only for that useless lump to take him out and concede the late penalty which denied us going to the San Siro on level terms.

GK   - Theo / Andy Marshall (for being SCUM)RB - HelvegLB - FuglestadCB - DohertyCB - WalshLM - LlyewelynCM - Neil EmblemCM - Jasson JarretRM - Andy HughesST - Pick Between; Peter Thorne, Trevor Benjamin, Tony Cotee, Marc Libra, Gaetono Gillianza (never liked the man) Dean Coney, Adrian Coote (now plays in my sunday league and works in a STAPLES) and Mattias Jonson ST #2 - Doc when he played up front. LOL.I''m only 20, so my knowledge isn''t as vast as some of yours but this is my team.

i dont think helveg and doherty are the worst we have had in those positions why not try briggs and rehman?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Anyone remember Kevin Bond''s stint with us - showing my age there but I think that he has to be pushing for inclusion.

[/quote]

All too well Macca - he was rubbish but strangely kept getting picked......

Having said that Rob Newman has to make the team because he could be crap in defence, midfield or upfront as required. I will never forget sitting in the Barclay in disbelief as Sosa was about to be dispossessed by Gunny only for that useless lump to take him out and concede the late penalty which denied us going to the San Siro on level terms.

[/quote]

Christ that’s a bit harsh, whilst I freely admit he had the turning circle of a wardrobe he was still trying to mark Ruben Sosa which let’s face it is hardly on a  par with watching Muffin flailing around like a dying fly in the Third Division.

Sosa was leading goal scorer for Inter that year and they went on to win the UEFA Cup, can you imagine Muffin trying to mark him..................................

Somebody help me: in the late 70s I think we signed a guy from Yugoslavia (?) or thereabouts purely on someone''s recommendation. Out of his depth and big mistake. Played centre half if I recall correctly I think just the once. He would rank as bad as Theo (assuming Theo doesn''t come good - he might yet).Some of the names put forward leave me astonished (Fugelstad? He was OK by me, made lots of appearances and did score the odd goal didn''t he?). Similarly I was no fan of Fotheringham but one of the worst ever - you have to be joking.Velasco would be in there for me I know he was on loan but very unimpressed with his debut at Watford and not surprised he came off in  a hurry at Carrow Rd next match.

[quote user="Binky"]Somebody help me: in the late 70s I think we signed a guy from Yugoslavia (?) or thereabouts purely on someone''s recommendation. Out of his depth and big mistake. Played centre half if I recall correctly I think just the once. He would rank as bad as Theo (assuming Theo doesn''t come good - he might yet).

Some of the names put forward leave me astonished (Fugelstad? He was OK by me, made lots of appearances and did score the odd goal didn''t he?). Similarly I was no fan of Fotheringham but one of the worst ever - you have to be joking.Velasco would be in there for me I know he was on loan but very unimpressed with his debut at Watford and not surprised he came off in  a hurry at Carrow Rd next match.

[/quote]

Drazan Muzinic?

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="Binky"]Somebody help me: in the late 70s I think we signed a guy from Yugoslavia (?) or thereabouts purely on someone''s recommendation. Out of his depth and big mistake. Played centre half if I recall correctly I think just the once. He would rank as bad as Theo (assuming Theo doesn''t come good - he might yet).

Some of the names put forward leave me astonished (Fugelstad? He was OK by me, made lots of appearances and did score the odd goal didn''t he?). Similarly I was no fan of Fotheringham but one of the worst ever - you have to be joking.Velasco would be in there for me I know he was on loan but very unimpressed with his debut at Watford and not surprised he came off in  a hurry at Carrow Rd next match.

[/quote]

Drazan Muzinic?

[/quote]

That''s the one. If I recall Bond signed him without having seen him play. He was, indeed, garbage and ended up having his contract cancelled. played more than once though.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="Binky"]Somebody help me: in the late 70s I think we signed a guy from Yugoslavia (?) or thereabouts purely on someone''s recommendation. Out of his depth and big mistake. Played centre half if I recall correctly I think just the once. He would rank as bad as Theo (assuming Theo doesn''t come good - he might yet).Some of the names put forward leave me astonished (Fugelstad? He was OK by me, made lots of appearances and did score the odd goal didn''t he?). Similarly I was no fan of Fotheringham but one of the worst ever - you have to be joking.Velasco would be in there for me I know he was on loan but very unimpressed with his debut at Watford and not surprised he came off in  a hurry at Carrow Rd next match.

[/quote]

Drazan Muzinic?

[/quote]Yep, that''s him thank you.. Never saw him play. (Knew it began with a "T"...!!).

Was the Kevin Bond regular selection by his Dad at fullback the biggest most blatant display of nepotism in football ever ? - he would certainly have been in my worst 11 for the first half of that season, after that he mastered running in a straight line occasionally so might just not have made the worst 11 after that.

[quote user="olej"]GK Michael Theoklitos DF Gary Doherty DF John Otsemobor DF Simon Charlton DF Thomas Helveg MF Robert Eagle MF Mark Fotheringham MF Matthew Gill MF Andy Hughes ST Peter Thorne ST Chris Killan[/quote]

Some people have hughes in it, i don''t agree. He may not have been the most naturally skilled player (in any way) but his passion and effort is something that i for one miss at our club today with some of the players

From my times watching

Tracy

Colin, Scott, Walsh, Derveld

Diop, Andy Roberts, Robinson, De Ward

Benjamin, Coney

How can Rob Newman be mentioned here?Newman played more than 200 games for us, and he was much better than everyone in this season''s squad...He was one of the best players at San Siro [:D] I remember I watched the game on RAI (Italian TV) together with a friend who understands italian, and the TV-reporters said that after this game Inter would make offer for Megson and Newman... And that was only partly ironic because of Megson''s age.

[quote user="Ole"]How can Rob Newman be mentioned here?
Newman played more than 200 games for us, and he was much better than everyone in this season''s squad...

He was one of the best players at San Siro [:D]
I remember I watched the game on RAI (Italian TV) together with a friend who understands italian, and the TV-reporters said that after this game Inter would make offer for Megson and Newman... And that was only partly ironic because of Megson''s age.
[/quote]

totally agree mate

Whilst Big Rob would not get anywhere near my Best XI, he was in his time a very good squad player in a very good squad.  Would be a star now amongst the current crop we have

[quote user="olej"]GK Michael Theoklitos DF Gary Doherty DF John Otsemobor DF Simon Charlton DF Thomas Helveg MF Robert Eagle MF Mark Fotheringham MF Matthew Gill MF Andy Hughes ST Peter Thorne ST Chris Killan[/quote]Helveg...you fool