Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

An all-time record?

20 goals in three successive, competitive, home first team matches.

Is this a all-time record?

One for you historians and statisticians I guess, but I wouldn''t be surprised if it is.

OTBC  

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One for you historians and statisticians I guess, but I wouldn''t be surprised if it is.

OTBC  

[/quote]

OK. Seems nobody knows!

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BIC"]Seems nobody cares
[/quote]

Could be.

Bur more likely it''s just a very difficult question which can''t be googled.

OTBC

[quote user="BIC"]Seems nobody cares[/quote]

Could be.

OTBC

[/quote]Lets see.HereThe answer: Not forthcoming.

OTBC  

[/quote]Hmmm. I can get to 18, but only because I still vividly remember two Ron Davies goals (a header and a run and shot) from the last of the three games, in 1965/66:City 3 Cardiff 2City 3 Soton 4City 3 Man City 3

I can confirm it''s not a record. Try the following run of 3 consecutive home games from the 1929/30 season! (Don''t know if this 24 is the record, but must be close, as it includes our record victory...)

15/3/30 Div 3 South

City 10 Coventry 2

29/3/30 Div 3 South

City 4 Newport 1

12/4/30 Div 3 South

City 5 Mertyr Town 1

Sorry, I couldn''t resist the challenge, but clearly have too much time on my hands!

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Could be.

OTBC

[/quote]

Lets see.

Here

The answer: Not forthcoming.
[/quote]very very funny,keep up the good work

OTBC  

[/quote

]But have City ever conceded 14 goals in three consecutive home games - is 13 a record

Got one.  Thanks to a combination of Canary Companion by Roger Smith, and the Norwich Mad site.Leslie Ayre scored 5 goals in a match against Brighton and Hove Albion on 30th November 1946.  The match score was 7-2.The next two home games were against QPR (4-4) and Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (1-6).  That''s 24 goals.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Could be.

OTBC

[:P]

[/quote]

Lets see.

Here

The answer: Not forthcoming.
[/quote]

So I was right![:P]

And well done Purple, Grando and Blah!cubed.[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="Grando"]I can confirm it''s not a record. Try the following run of 3 consecutive home games from the 1929/30 season! (Don''t know if this 24 is the record, but must be close, as it includes our record victory...) 15/3/30 Div 3 South City 10 Coventry 2 29/3/30 Div 3 South City 4 Newport 1 12/4/30 Div 3 South City 5 Mertyr Town 1 Sorry, I couldn''t resist the challenge, but clearly have too much time on my hands![/quote]

Looks like Archant missed this run of 23 with their front page headline today!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Grando"]I can confirm it''s not a record. Try the following run of 3 consecutive home games from the 1929/30 season! (Don''t know if this 24 is the record, but must be close, as it includes our record victory...) 15/3/30 Div 3 South City 10 Coventry 2 29/3/30 Div 3 South City 4 Newport 1 12/4/30 Div 3 South City 5 Mertyr Town 1 Sorry, I couldn''t resist the challenge, but clearly have too much time on my hands![/quote]

[/quote]Wasn''t their point it''s a record for the start of the season?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t their point it''s a record for the start of the season?
[/quote]

Yes, it was.

[:|]

And the worst ever away defeat for Norwich was in 1908 when you were beaten 10-2 by Swindon Town, both then members of the Southern League of blessed memory.  God knows who got the blame for that one. [:P]

Colchester''s worst ever defeat was almost as crazy a game as our 7-1 victory.  Not that many years ago: away to Orient we hit the post or bar six times in the first 20 minutes - they got three breakaways before half time.  We hit the post twice more at the start of the second half and then conceded three goals in eight minutes, eventually losing 8-0. 

[+o(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[:|]

And the worst ever away defeat for Norwich was in 1908 when you were beaten 10-2 by Swindon Town, both then members of the Southern League of blessed memory.  God knows who got the blame for that one. [:P]

Colchester''s worst ever defeat was almost as crazy a game as our 7-1 victory.  Not that many years ago: away to Orient we hit the post or bar six times in the first 20 minutes - they got three breakaways before half time.  We hit the post twice more at the start of the second half and then conceded three goals in eight minutes, eventually losing 8-0. 

[+o(]

[/quote]Yeah but to compare Colchester with Norwich is just .......................................... Oh yeah we''re in the same division now

What does one do with time on one''s hands when one is confined to the house. I cannot believe that jigsaw puzzles, crosswords, or message boards really add much to ones own or other peoples lives