Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

If City didnt exist...

[quote user="Sam-NCFC"]Milton Keynes cause I was the biggest baby ever born in MK Hospital. [:D][/quote]Franchise Scum.AFC Wimbledon, cos I grew up in South London (dad''s from Norwich which is how I got into the Canaries), and my brothers a supporter, so I go to games when I''m home.

MK Dons.I don''t think I would have had any conection to another club until they were formed. I lived in Southampton and Leicester for a while but never got caught up in football while I was there and I don''t think that was just cos I was already a City fan... No football fans in my family to follow other than City fans and it wasn''t even them that got me into City so I think I''d have just followed the rugby a lot closer if City didn''t exist and then all other things being equal would have the same links to MK!

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]Having grown up in Canada and being NC brainwashed by the old man, my only other choices would be a now defunct ''soccer'' team or watching early morning NHL games of the Edmonton Oilers.[/quote]

GO FLAMES GO!!!

All me family is from London, so it would be from 3 clubs and most likely in this order...

West Ham

Arsenal

Tottenham

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Can''t really imagine life without City. They are the only team I care about. If they didn''t exist then Norfolk really would be a football backwater, like Cornwall! I think I''d probably support a London side as it would be relatively easy to get there for games now and again. I''ve got a soft spot for West Ham.
[/quote]

This is true Jim, I cannot imagine that in a county the size of Norfolk that if the club did not exist then another team would not have entered the void.  However hypothetically it would have to be Attleborough Town, as I still stick by the view it''s where you are born that matters (born in the West Norwich Hospital if you need to know, then brought up in Attleborough ''til Uni and Shef at 18).  I was lucky in the the Town used to always play at home when City were away so I always watched them as a lad until I started to follow City away as well in my teens when my mum ran away trips for City fans based in Attleborough.

Quite a lot of people going for the Gooners on here, I''m with them! Great football (apart from the diving) Wenger is a genius and they are always looking a few years ahead of everyone else, something Norwich should start to do! Instead of spending all that money on loan players for one season... short sighted!!

I was born into a Yellow and Green family, and can''t actually think about what it would be like. Dad was heavily involved with the club, Mum is a Norwcih lass. Both families are from north of the border, but the standard of footy up there is not the best. The natural course would be Portaloo Road, but I couldn''t do that now...

Saints fans came so close to finding out, I know a big fan, and he would be devastated!

Can''t really imagine it but I do pretty much also support FC St Pauli in Germany - just love the whole idea of them - punk footy  club - brilliant! [:)]

As for English teams, not really sure, possibly West Brom because my Gran and her side of the family are from there but, in truth, when it comes to English footy I can''t see past City.

Boring...but no-one!Love watching Arsenal like so many others, and have a soft spot for Leeds, but, no Norwich=no team to support!

"Can''t really imagine it but I do pretty much also support FC St Pauli in Germany - just love the whole idea of them - punk footy  club - brilliant!"

I was gonna say that! :)

I guess Leicester - my Dad lives there (mum is in Norfolk) and I support Leicester Tiger RFC. Still love the look on peoples faces when they challenge me because I support Tigers and Norwich City - like I''d never realised they were too different Cities! haha!

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Can''t really imagine it but I do pretty much also support FC St Pauli in Germany - just love the whole idea of them - punk footy  club - brilliant!" I was gonna say that! :)[/quote]

Great minds and all that ... [;)]

FC St Pauli are spot on! My mate buys there kits whenever they come out, I love the comouflage one! haha!

Personally, as a youngster playing up front, my hero was Romario playing at Barcelona (I even got that as a nickname from constantly wearing shirts with his name on!). Still love Barcelona to this day, just so happens that they are a fantastic team too! :-D. Managed to get out to the Camp Nou 4 times, Its highly reccomended.

My first ever game was Forest so maybe them. And before I was allowed ''up the city'' when I was a boy I''d support Diss Town in all their home games. Here''s the key hypothesis everyone is avoiding though... If City didn''t exist - and never had (important caveat) how many would have naturally evolved into Ipsw*ch supporters? More than are prepared to admit it I''d venture.

I''d like to say no-one, but it would have to be Leicester at a push.  After my three years there, and seeing a few of their games, I guess they would have to be the team who takes their place.  But luckily this is all hypothetical, it''s never going to happen.